Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2018 (3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

It's strange that people think that joining a thread then all others that were part of the last threads would not bring up stuff from past threads.

How is missiymooh "" " the kitten doing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Why do all threads on boards have these toxic cliques that seem to think they are god's gift to wit. It's a weird dynamic you don't see elsewhere. Meh...

Most posters here have known each other for many years now and have a great camaraderie. Personally I think its a very welcoming thread to newbies. If you watch cbb I hope you stick around, even if you dont watch it stick around and enjoy the fun. We do joke a lot about having a clique but really its not like that, its just something a previous poster brought up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭blazard

seems nice

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ah Jesus I thought I’d missed opening night when I saw pages and pages of unread posts!! But I see it was just the clique up to their usual ganghandedness, with Mam of 4 being the ringleader once again. Typical :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Jeff2 wrote:
    How is missiymooh "" " the kitten doing.

I'm doing just fine Jeff, had a right laugh this morning at the posts. Still trying to get the hang of gif posting from my phone though. So looking forward to CBB, I love it when we have rowdy posters it makes it so much more exciting. Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Is that some sort of inside joke?

Were you a donkey in a former life?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Lads do you think I've nothing better to be doing on a Thursday morning in work but read pages on the CBB thread. :D

Good to see the gang back and welcome to the newcomers. Has the 16th been confirmed as the start date? I can feel the excitment building. Can't wait.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

I feel like part of the family already! :)

A storm you say?...could we finally see...

7f2a7d1bjw1e9rcdw9p15g2070048qv9.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

xj9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

wyrn wrote: »
    xj9.gif

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I just realised I'm at post 1700 so hopefully I'll get my big 2000th post on this thread, I better start talking s*ite contributing more.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-ErtDfXaJ_BwJSi4KBCpFXIaV3qucJr-jxyxctquBPaY_fnCFFQ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

I don't buy into the cancelled rumours as I haven't seen it confirmed which tells me it's just a ploy by Channel 5 to ratchet up the viewing figures and since it will have nothing of it's kind to compete against like last year it will probably get fantastic ratings and why would you cancel a show which gives your channel such ratings and so much noise as such for your channel. It would be a bizarre thing to do. 

But it ultimately comes down to good casting, getting in interesting celebrities which blend well. Same with the civilian series, problem with that is in the last 5 years it's had some of the biggest douchebags of all time on the show like Helen Wood (who managed to win!). Casting like that is what does damage  to the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Taytoland wrote: »
    I don't buy into the cancelled rumours as I haven't seen it confirmed which tells me it's just a ploy by Channel 5 to ratchet up the viewing figures and since it will have nothing of it's kind to compete against like last year it will probably get fantastic ratings and why would you cancel a show which gives your channel such ratings and so much noise as such for your channel. It would be a bizarre thing to do.

it's about the cost of the program v the ratings and advertising income. it's c5's highest rated program, but it costs quite a bit v both ratings and income from it. i would agree canceling it on the face of it is bizar given most people would simply remove c5 from their presets once bb is gone, but if the program is costing a bit yet the ratings are slowly going down then there does become a tipping point. the problem is though, c5 constantly cutting the budget and the amount they are willing to pay is what has possibly lead to where we are now. c5 want the brand on the cheap. they want the brand but wouldn't actually invest in it so that it could work properly, and it shows. but that can only be part of the blame. the production company also won't innovate or work better with what they have and they dish out the same nonsense every year dispite the ratings falling.
    Taytoland wrote: »
    But it ultimately comes down to good casting, getting in interesting celebrities which blend well. Same with the civilian series, problem with that is in the last 5 years it's had some of the biggest douchebags of all time on the show like Helen Wood (who managed to win!). Casting like that is what does damage to the brand.

agreed and ultimately that is one of many problems with the show as it stands. thing is, neither c5 or the production company dealt with reality and sorted the problems out. they knew what the issues were because plenty told them.
    so we are where we are. whether the show is going to be axed or not remains to be confirmed, but even if it's not going to be this time, it is only a matter of time before it is unless things improve hugely, and ideally, ratings begin to go up.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Were you a donkey in a former life?

I like your jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    Sorry I should have clarified, just for today.
    I've no idea what's going on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,836 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Quality of the thread will probably be better than the show itself !!

I think the rumour about it being axed come from the fact the contract between Endemol (BB owners) and Ch5 ends later this year. If it going to come to an end (on Ch5) now would seem like a natural time for it to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Don't they always say it's the last one? It's like that "Closing down Sale" sign that has been outside the local store for 30 years now.....

Be nice for a new crowd to come in, get rid of Screechy Mc Screech and hire some actual producers(i.e. us obvz)

• Advertisement

Don't they always say it's the last one? It's like that "Closing down Sale" sign that has been outside the local store for 30 years now.....

Be nice for a new crowd to come in, get rid of Screechy Mc Screech and hire some actual producers(i.e. us obvz)

First item on the agenda, call up the hulksters agent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Greetings.

I'm here for the toxic cliques and casual sex, not necessarily in that order.

To answer Computer Troll Shoppingbasket, the 'toxic clique' who 'think they are god's gift to wit' are in fact a sad bunch of losers like myself with too much time on their hands and don't get out much who like to make each other laugh.

If this concept is too complicated to grasp, I can write it out again with stick figure illustrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I think the rumour about it being axed come from the fact the contract between Endemol (BB owners) and Ch5 ends later this year. If it going to come to an end (on Ch5) now would seem like a natural time for it to happen.

It'll be pared back, but even if C5 pass on it, I'd be massively surprised if a cable channel - Bravo, Dave etc. - don't pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Duck Soup wrote: »
    It'll be pared back, but even if C5 pass on it, I'd be massively surprised if a cable channel - Bravo, Dave etc. - don't pick it up.

Here's hoping, and if they do. I'd like to see them do rich house /poor house again, but this this with celebs:D

Would be gas if TG4 bought the rights to Big Brother. They get a massive budget for that Gaeltacht ****e and are always showing repeats and stupid productions. They could make BB an Irish production and locate the house somewhere in Connemara and force them to speak Irish.
    Well there was a news article a couple of years ago saying that one of the Irish channels bought the rights to it.
    But Ireland is too small, what's that saying? Association by 6??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

deco nate wrote: »
    Here's hoping, and if they do. I'd like to see them do rich house /poor house again, but this this with celebs:D

Geez , how would they survive without their hair straighteners , fake tan and rations ??

It would be brilliant !

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Greetings.

To answer Computer Troll Shoppingbasket, the 'toxic clique' who 'think they are god's gift to wit' are in fact a sad bunch of losers like myself with too much time on their hands and don't get out much who like to make each other laugh.

If this concept is too complicated to grasp, I can write it out again with stick figure illustrations.

gifs or gtfo :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    gifs or gtfo :p

Tbh for me, It's been so long I can't remember how to do gifs on my phone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Do we need to be in the clique for the casual sex? Asking for a friend...

• Advertisement

neonsofa wrote: »
    Do we need to be in the clique for the casual sex? Asking for a friend...

If you put your bins out on a Tuesday, then the answer is no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement