Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2018 (3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Alice1 wrote: »
    oooh I love the washing machine - shades of yesteryear with "psst it's me - the tree"

I loved the talking tree! It defo should have won that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Nick is a Galway man?

Has gone even further up in my books!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Natalie to stay for me. I think she needs more time to settle into the show. Loved her being sarcastic with BB, loved her gossiping with Rodrigo and that she's actually done her homework on everyone before she went into the house and loved her v true declaration that Chloe is not a flipping baby. I hate people getting mollycoddled...like she's 21, big and bold enuf to pose for page 3, has a child herself, a career etc. I think she has more to give than Hardeep who has (to use Natalie's words) faded into the background this week....or maybe been edited into the background.....

Definitely has to be Hardeep to go for me. He's got awful quiet too with the nomination.

Natalie may be annoying but offers entertainment, I think she's trying to go down the Kim or Bear route of being the loud housemate, ruffling feathers and threatening that they can make life hell for everyone else.

Problem is I think both Kim and Bear were more likely. Bear was a dickhead but how he went about annoying people I found far more entertaining. He would pretend to do something good, then mess it up to annoy them, and when they blew up he'd run around laughing and telling them to calm down, calling them his pussycats etc. It was a genius way to get people annoyed and far more nuanced than Natalie's in their face shouting method.

Kim, well we all know about Kim. Her delivery was just so good, no one stood a chance. Her one liners and comments were brilliant entertainment. She was more clever than Natalie and I reckon would destroy Natalie if in the house.

But Natalie is making it obvious she is playing up to the public, be the villain and hope to last longer. On one side if she is booted out it will be hilarious as she's so confident she won't be, talking about when she goes up for noms with other people already who the public will pick, but on the other hand if she stays in her ego will be through the rough and she will have confirmation the gameplan is working, kicking it up a notch!

I know people say they want her out so we can focus on the other people, but fear is she goes out and things get boring quickly. I thought the public made a huge mistake booting out India last season when she was first up, hopefully they learn from that.

Also Jermaine with Chloe, have to say a bit of a shock considering he's married and his wife has been on BOTS.

It sounds terrible, but if we see a marriage ruined on BB we are in store for some serious drama. Love it. We could all see him checking Chloe out day 1 but I didn't think he'd have the gall to try and pursue her on television. Most in to get people to forget about their storm, while he's adding another one to his! :P

• Advertisement

On Jermaine, anyone see this quote that's apparently from his book?
    We used to call it Monopoly. You have your “properties”, all different standards. You’ve got Mayfair (top quality) and Old Kent Road (the lower standard – no one wants to be there).

So we would gauge each girl as a property on the Monopoly board. If she was fit and famous then she’s high property, worth a lot, possibly Bond Street or Mayfair.

Then there was a girl a lot of the lads had been with and she would be Old Kent Road. You get the gist.

It worked like this. If I slept with any girl and then any of the other lads slept with her afterwards, they would have to pay me “rent”: if she was Mayfair, they would have to pay me £100; for Old Kent Road it would be £14.

I'm baffled. It reads like a fake quote. Wonder what Chloe is. "You're my Mayfair baby"

EDIT: Link attached, if those parts are anything to do by his book is just about sleeping around, not much about football
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jermaine-pennant-womanising-wed-rate-13046349

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Adamocovic wrote:
    Also Jermaine with Chloe, have to say a bit of a shock considering he's married and his wife has been on BOTS.

It's actually gross. He is a creep and her reaction to it just shows the type of woman she is. Most women would be disgusted if a married man was to do that but she seems smug about it? Not doing herself any favours there at all. Would much rather sleazy Jermaine to be up than Natalie or Hardeep.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Only caught up now , was out last night in the real world ! And it was actually cold out there !

Natalie is very astute , very tuned in , says what we all think and has them sussed . But she hasn't learned that to be heard you need to stop shouting , she hasn't the cop to know that if she voiced her opinions in a quiet , mature and calm manner they might actually see her point . Walking around like a swirling ball of anger screaming and blaming and putting people down never gets you heard
    I think I could like Natalie if she just calmed down and stop the banshee screeching

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Did a bit of reading on Jermaine recently, seems he has a history of playing away from home. He and his wife stream themselves live at it. I believe she is or was on one of those Babestation channels. Not judging him but just found it interesting.

Kolido wrote: »
    Did a bit of reading on Jermaine recently, seems he has a history of playing away from home. He and his wife stream themselves live at it. I believe she is or was on one of those Babestation channels. Not judging him but just found it interesting.

Jesus. Seriously? If that's the case no wonder the man doesn't seem to mind the camera's following his pursuit of Chloe. Maybe he's not cheating on his wife but arranging a ménage a trois.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Adamocovic wrote: »
    On Jermaine, anyone see this quote that's apparently from his book?

I'm baffled. It reads like a fake quote. Wonder what Chloe is. "You're my Mayfair baby"

EDIT: Link attached, if those parts are anything to do by his book is just about sleeping around, not much about football
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jermaine-pennant-womanising-wed-rate-13046349

Disgusting carry on. Objectifying women. It reminds me of the WhatsApp carry on in the Belfast rape trial.

laylag wrote: »
    Natalie to stay for me. I think she needs more time to settle into the show. Loved her being sarcastic with BB, loved her gossiping with Rodrigo and that she's actually done her homework on everyone before she went into the house and loved her v true declaration that Chloe is not a flipping baby. I hate people getting mollycoddled...like she's 21, big and bold enuf to pose for page 3, has a child herself, a career etc. I think she has more to give than Hardeep who has (to use Natalie's words) faded into the background this week....or maybe been edited into the background.....

Natalie to go for me. I agree Chloe is not a baby, but what exactly did she do to deserve the outburst from Natalie.
    I never really bought that saying 'this person is real, telling it like it is' well there is a time and place for telling people what you think, if there is no reason for it, then just say nothing. If I what to hear people shouting abuse and F'ing and blinding all day, I will go watch one of those stupid 'reality' America shows.
    Btw, did Natalie bring her own chair in or what?

I like a bit of drama but it would be nice to hear some stories from the other HMs also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Hardeep has gone quiet, but he did so intentionally. I think his strategy was to sit there and let Natalie make herself look bad shouting at everything and everyone. The problem is he sat back too far, the public need to see him once in a while to be reminded to vote for him. Natalie is getting loads of air time but not everyone will want to vote for her on account of her being a garbage human

skipper_G wrote: »
    Hardeep has gone quiet, but he did so intentionally. I think his strategy was to sit there and let Natalie make herself look bad shouting at everything and everyone. The problem is he sat back too far, the public need to see him once in a while to be reminded to vote for him. Natalie is getting loads of air time but not everyone will want to vote for her on account of her being a garbage human

Yep, if it was V2E, sitting back would be fine, but V2S, you need to remind viewers you are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I loved Rodrigo saying "she's only young", his accent is just so loveable! I hope he starts to speak up against Natalie more if she stays.

I still love him so much <3

I hate people like Natalie, one of those "I say it as i see it/just being real" girls. A bully.

Not getting the Roxanne and Ben thing at all.

And gabby and Dan are fooling nobody with their claim that it's all innocent friendship. Either they have had sex or they both want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Only caught up now , was out last night in the real world ! And it was actually cold out there !

Natalie is very astute , very tuned in , says what we all think and has them sussed . But she hasn't learned that to be heard you need to stop shouting , she hasn't the cop to know that if she voiced her opinions in a quiet , mature and calm manner they might actually see her point . Walking around like a swirling ball of anger screaming and blaming and putting people down never gets you heard
    I think I could like Natalie if she just calmed down and stop the banshee screeching

I thought the same last night. If she brought her voice down several decibels, I thought a lot of what she had to say was probably true. I was tired of the chair thing, but apart from that, if she calmed down, I think she could be potentially entertaining.

I also thought she seemed at times more like she was acting, rather than truly feeling what she was saying.

Sally makes my skin crawl with the pretend **** she goes on with, and why she got so much of last night's airtime is beyond me.
    Someone posted that extract earlier on the thread from Jermaine's no doubt great contribution to literature book, and so I can't stand the slimy creep.

I loved what someone said about Nick, I think it was on BOTS the night before. He is what he is, he is real and when fakedom comes up against real people, it doesn't know what to do.

I would prefer to see Sally and Jermaine up for eviction than the two that are up. Some of the others have made little or no impression on me yet, but the next person who cries or wants to leave, I say, open the door!

So civilian Big Brother starts between 8th and 14th of September. Have to say I'm a little surprised.

Though the Celebrity Version was going to last a little longer, especially as only 2 got nominated first week. Going to be some rush to clear them out if true!

https://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/361521-big-brother-2018-start-date-week.html

Adamocovic wrote: »
    So civilian Big Brother starts between 8th and 14th of September. Have to say I'm a little surprised.

Though the Celebrity Version was going to last a little longer, especially as only 2 got nominated first week. Going to be some rush to clear them out if true!

https://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/361521-big-brother-2018-start-date-week.html

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Yep, if it was V2E, sitting back would be fine, but V2S, you need to remind viewers you are still there.

4/5 can still be had on Nat being saved.

If only I was in a position to do a Nick and "borrow" say €5million and place it on her to stay and then pay it back out of the €9million I'd have afterwards.

It's fool proof. What could possibly go wrong?

Do Ryanair do 6am Saturday morning flights to Brazil? Asking for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Keep Nat in!..... #beargirl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

6a015436eb4a84970c01b8d0d4434f970c-pi

The eviction poll is here > LINK

So far it's been a bit back and forth between Hardeep & Natalie, Hardeep raced into an early lead at one point commanding more than 90% of the votes before Natalie pulled it right back to almost even, as it stands now Hardeep still in front with 61% of voters wanting to save him over 39% for Natalie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I'm running out of Solpadeine, Nasty Nat Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

OK maybe I'm thick, but I wasn't getting the whole Roxanne and Ben metaphor. Shop fronts? Srick?? What?

deise08 wrote: »
    OK maybe I'm thick, but I wasn't getting the whole Roxanne and Ben metaphor. Shop fronts? Srick?? What?

Think she was implying that they similarly act very bubbly, confident and outgoing (their shop fronts) but deep down their actually not that confident and have their own problems they keep to themselves (her comment about knowing the stockroom or some craic).

The worst part I think is I reckon Ben actually does fancy Roxanne and hes being more of himself than she is. Her character has gotten herself in a pickle with this now and be interesting what she does. Have to remember he's the sort of looney to marry a girl at first sight so can fully believe he's fallen for Roxy, or at least just fancies her at a physical level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I really hope Ben goes full psycho obsessive on Roxy. It would bring out the real him and her. Her lil Ms Innocence act would have to drop, and he'd be unveiled as the creepy weird little git he is, cover blown!

tenor.gif?itemid=8171472

459278.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

tenor.gif

I love it! The gifs on this thread are priceless! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

skipper_G wrote: »
    6a015436eb4a84970c01b8d0d4434f970c-pi

The eviction poll is here > LINK

So far it's been a bit back and forth between Hardeep & Natalie, Hardeep raced into an early lead at one point commanding more than 90% of the votes before Natalie pulled it right back to almost even, as it stands now Hardeep still in front with 61% of voters wanting to save him over 39% for Natalie.

Hope Hardeep goes, and I think Natalie sees through the lot of them, she sees all of the goings on with affairs, and this writing on the makeup mirror, lots more to them than meets the eye

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

neonsofa wrote: »
    I loved Rodrigo saying "she's only young", his accent is just so loveable! I hope he starts to speak up against Natalie more if she stays.

I still love him so much <3

I hate people like Natalie, one of those "I say it as i see it/just being real" girls. A bully.

Not getting the Roxanne and Ben thing at all.

And gabby and Dan are fooling nobody with their claim that it's all innocent friendship. Either they have had sex or they both want to.
    Rodrigh is sly, he had complained about the young one to Natalie, and when Rodrigo made the comment , she is a baby, Natalie reminded him that she lived and worked in the big world, having her picture on page 3, I agree with Natalie, she wees through the lot of them

• Advertisement

It sounds bad but rather than people going in trying to change public opinions and act like saints I'd rather they said feck it and went with their already bad reputation with Jermaine cheating on the wife with Chloe more than happy to facilitate, Dan and Gabby with their sneaky affair, and whatever else they can conjure.

Is it possibly ruining their lives? Yes. But it's the price they must pay for our entertainment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement