Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2018 (3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Life Water announced on twitter that they were ending their sponsorship with BB after failing to evict Rodrigo after the N word. That on top of tons of ofcom complaints probably warranted them to take action instead of potentially loosing more sponsorships.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Shn99 wrote: »
    Life Water announced on twitter that they were ending their sponsorship with BB after failing to evict Rodrigo after the N word. That on top of tons of ofcom complaints probably warranted them to take action instead of potentially loosing more sponsorships.

I’ve watched BB for years and never knew they sponsored it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Yea what the fcuk is life water?
    Is that the coca cola tap water?

Edit, its Pepsi cola brand tap water

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

deco nate wrote: »

Canned water that the housemates drink

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

When did Rodrigo use the N word, and is this why he was evicted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Me neither and same for others too.....

https://twitter.com/amz_fairbrother/status/1032270362246111232

How did their sponsorship manifest itself anyway? They were let stock the staff fridge or something?

Let's be honest, it was a PR stunt on their behalf and tbf it's worked, as I've just been reading about them and I'd love a can of their fancy water now.

Me neither and same for others too.....

https://twitter.com/amz_fairbrother/status/1032270362246111232

How did their sponsorship manifest itself anyway? They were let stock the staff fridge or something?

Let's be honest, it was a PR stunt on their behalf and tbf it's worked, as I've just been reading about them and I'd love a can of their fancy water now.
    Tap water canned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

goat2 wrote: »
    When did Rodrigo use the N word, and is this why he was evicted

On the first or second night he said it and received a formal and final warning. No one know why he left last night.

The gruesome twosome out on the town tonight......

nar.jpg

Apparently they posted a video of time in a car rapping along to some song with the N-word. Must have then deleted it though as not on either's Instagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd reckon Rodrigo's contract was anything over a week, so I'm going to be skeptical and say he left because he knew he was after being paid.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd reckon Rodrigo's contract was anything over a week, so I'm going to be skeptical and say he left because he knew he was after being paid.
    Really can't see that, get over a week and you can walk. Nah, lots more to the story.
    More like they found out about online posts and kicked him.
    Remember that American one that was kicked out after the racist posts were pointed out to them?
    Maybe it's more to come out?
    #metoo

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭moonage

deco nate wrote: »

Edit, its Pepsi cola brand tap water

giphy.gif

The Sun (forgive me) have Rodrigo's deleted video of Natalie using / singing along with the N-word in a song from earlier tonight.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7102185/celebrity-big-brother-rodrigo-alves-natalie-nunn-n-word/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I read in The Daily Mail comments that whatever he did it was so bad and harmful to his career that after his removal he instantly got on to his lawyers to prevent BB from showing what happened. Don’t know how true that is but it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

By the way, we go through the same palaver every year. The first week is taken over by one rent-a-gob argument starter. This year it was Mad Nat; last year it was India Willoughby. Rent-A-Gob, not surprisingly, gets nominated. Rent-A-Gob then gets voted out. Social media explodes. It’s going to be nuffink wivaht <insert name> in there. Then a surprising thing happens. Other people get a chance to speak. Personalities emerge. A week after India left, was there anyone left clamouring for her to return with her scintillating brand of 24 hour is-it-cos-I-is-trans victimhood? Personally, I’d already had enough of Nat’s my-pain-goes-up-to-11 martyr complex. Goodbye and good luck.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    By the way, we go through the same palaver every year. The first week is taken over by one rent-a-gob argument starter. This year it was Mad Nat; last year it was India Willoughby. Rent-A-Gob, not surprisingly, gets nominated. Rent-A-Gob then gets voted out. Social media explodes. It’s going to be nuffink wivaht <insert name> in there. Then a surprising thing happens. Other people get a chance to speak. Personalities emerge. A week after India left, was there anyone left clamouring for her to return with her scintillating brand of 24 hour is-it-cos-I-is-trans victimhood? Personally, I’d already had enough of Nat’s my-pain-goes-up-to-11 martyr complex. Goodbye and good luck.
    I know, you would think posters are fish in here, am I right:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I don't think anything happened, even the HMs seem baffled as to why Rod was removed... Maybe we'll see them talking about it on tonight's show, or maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am a bit old so am not up to scratch with the PC use of words !! But I did notice Rod use the words " half caste " in a conversation with one of the blond ones . Now all I know is we were told that the use of that word was no longer acceptable circa 1980 ish . I found it strange that no one mentioned it since and being maybe the final straw .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

deco nate wrote:
    Really can't see that, get over a week and you can walk. Nah, lots more to the story. More like they found out about online posts and kicked him. Remember that American one that was kicked out after the racist posts were pointed out to them? Maybe it's more to come out? #metoo

Yeah Tila Tequila wasn't it?

Here's the live hour the night of the eviction, few good convos in it.... wish they'd bring back the live streaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Who used all the eggs big brithers, omg I cant believe we have no eggs.

So they have substituted the smoking area for the grooming area. How are we ever going to hear Nick.
    Also is that the first night they have had booze since launch night? Seems they have really toned it down this year. Not much hope for the rest of this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

The Sun (forgive me) have Rodrigo's deleted video of Natalie using / singing along with the N-word in a song from earlier tonight.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7102185/celebrity-big-brother-rodrigo-alves-natalie-nunn-n-word/

Clicking on the other stories from that article, BB have said they will never reveal why rodrigo was evicted as it is "too shocking for TV!"
    My god, what did he do??

I think they showed him being called to the diary room though to discredit his story that he "had enough and walked out". Clever.

But surely if it was too shocking for TV the housemates wouldn't have look bemused at him leaving.

How could something be too shocking for TV but yet housemates are unaware of it?

Has to therefore be something he did or said in the Diary Room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Too shocking for TV? Christ. ..what's that these days?

Incidentally who did rodrigo share a bed with the night of the bed swapping?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

But surely if it was too shocking for TV the housemates wouldn't have look bemused at him leaving.

How could something be too shocking for TV but yet housemates are unaware of it?

Maybe it happened in the diary room when he was called in ?
    If its too shocking for BB then it must be shocking !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

What if he tried to kill someone? Probably too extreme

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I have a thought(woohoo) , but it's vile and disgusting , so I'll pick one of you unfortunate posters to run it by , God help ye :p

He tried it on with Wendy, like literally.

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I have a thought(woohoo) , but it's vile and disgusting , so I'll pick one of you unfortunate posters to run it by , God help ye :p

Funny you should say that, I had a thought too but it's horrendous and I'm not willing to say it either :P

I think it could be a joke he made to one person when they were alone.... and they maybe weren't overly offended but yeah, he'd have to be removed for it and they wouldn't air it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement