Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2018 (3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

A Kill It With Fire Gif wouldn't go astray here tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Was Ryan aware that poxy complained about him or did he just think BB called him out on it after they saw the encounter ?

They called him in after she reported him for hitting her.
    No I don't thing they said her name.

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Blast it with pis.... To much. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

A Mack comment would be nice right about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I actually think BB are gonna have to give them both a heads up before tomorrow. I reckon this is going to go epic in the press tomorrow. I mean it's such a hot topic these days with the #metoo stuff and all that. For all poxy knew the encounter could have been blind. Unseen by the cameras ....and she's rating it up there with assault that would cause her to fear for her safety so much so that a dozen other ppl in the room couldn't prevent the ptsd and the possibility of him going for her again and so she needed a separate room for optimum dramatic effect. So had we not witnessed it....We'd always wonder and tar him with the 'jeez I wonder what he really did ' brush.

I think she made a big error in choosing Ryan to **** over. I think we'd probably have been less sympathetic to 'germ features ' or hardeep. But she picked on a cleancut decent guy from the biggest soap in the land. He could be in there now thinking he's been perceived as the next Harvey weinstein or Chris Brown. He could be thinking his career is over.

The problem is....This isn't good tv from bb point of view. They'll want to kill the story. Like Rylan tonight, Emma will not be able to call her on it (victimblaming) . She can't say....ah cmon love you're taking the piss he barely touched you. Because if she 'feels' she was assaulted ....then she WAS assaulted! ! End of!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I have to go for a shower. I feel dirty cos I find Nicola McLean entertaining tonight.

they should've got her on loose women for the kim row. she was always well able for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

deco nate wrote: »

Mack who?

tumblr_n6md4vs2nv1sg3vmpo1_500.gif

Spouts all this crap about #TIL bla bla. Tell that to the slot machines in Baegas you jerk!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It's quite clear to me that Roxanne is going for a #metoo angle here.

Absofcukinglutely, and it's all the more obvious when you watch the footage slowed down.

The first touch from Ryan is actually NOT a punch at all, but an open handed tactile (almost affectionate) touch......... but Roxy immediately and dramatically tenses up from that.... and it's clear that Ryan senses it as he goes straight from that friendly touch to play fighting... which I feel was instinctive on his part given he sensed she was making something of that initial touch which wasn't warranted.

The reason I say absolutely with regards to the #metoo call is because Ryan's initial touch (which drew the dirty look from her and caused her to tense up) was on her back but yet watch Roxy's right hand right after that (just as Ryan starts play fighting) she pulls it across her body and starts holding her left breast as if he has hurt her there, but he never touched that part of her body.

It's as if that first tactile touch from Ryan set the metoo wheels off in her head.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I actually think BB are gonna have to give them both a heads up before tomorrow. I reckon this is going to go epic in the press tomorrow. I mean it's such a hot topic these days with the #metoo stuff and all that. For all poxy knew the encounter could have been blind. Unseen by the cameras ....and she's rating it up there with assault that would cause her to fear for her safety so much so that a dozen other ppl in the room couldn't prevent the ptsd and the possibility of him going for her again and so she needed a separate room for optimum dramatic effect. So had we not witnessed it....We'd always wonder and tar him with the 'jeez I wonder what he really did ' brush.

I think she made a big error in choosing Ryan to **** over. I think we'd probably have been less sympathetic to 'germ features ' or hardeep. But she picked on a cleancut decent guy from the biggest soap in the land. He could be in there now thinking he's been perceived as the next Harvey weinstein or Chris Brown. He could be thinking his career is over.

The problem is....This isn't good tv from bb point of view. They'll want to kill the story. Like Rylan tonight, Emma will not be able to call her on it (victimblaming) . She can't say....ah cmon love you're taking the piss he barely touched you. Because if she 'feels' she was assaulted ....then she WAS assaulted! ! End of!

Exactly. The whole metoo thing started with the best of intentions but it's gone too far now to the extent that perception is now considered reality. If someone "feels" uncomfortable then they're automatically a credible victim when the reality is we have very little control over how others "feel". Someone somewhere will always be offended by something.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just saw the Roxanne thing with Ryan. The fact she goes into the bedroom and says "I've just been beaten up by Jason Grimshaw from Corrie" to nobody but the camera tells you everything you need to know. If you were that traumatised, you wouldn't call your assailant by their character name would you?

She's a fake and a phoney and we've all seen it since the minute she entered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Robsweezie wrote: »
    they should've got her on loose women for the kim row. she was always well able for her.

So five against one then that would have been , bad enough it was four against one .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Absofcukinglutely, and it's all the more obvious when you watch the footage slowed down.

The first touch from Ryan is actually NOT a punch at all, but an open handed tactile (almost affectionate) touch......... but Roxy immediately and dramatically tenses up from that.... and it's clear that Ryan senses it as he goes straight from that friendly touch to play fighting... which I feel was instinctive on his part given he sensed she was making something of that initial touch which wasn't warranted.

The reason I say absolutely with regards to the #metoo call is because Ryan's initial touch (which drew the dirty look from her and caused her to tense up) was on her back but yet watch Roxy's right hand right after that (just as Ryan starts play fighting) she pulls it across her body and starts holding her left breast as if he has hurt her there, but he never touched that part of her body.

It's as if that first tactile touch from Ryan set the metoo wheels off in her head.

giphy.gif

I'd go as far as he didn't even touch her tit at all, she saw a chance and took it.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying that the only contact he made with her was the initial pat on the back...... that's what she tensed up in reaction to, and what drew the glare that she gave him.

He hadn't even started shadow boxing when she did those two things and so it's preposterous for her to say she reacted the way she did because he hurt her.

No way did that pat on the back hurt her and none of the shadow boxing punches touched her.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

MelanieC wrote: »
    On the money tonight though to be fair.

ah yeah i completely agree with what she said tonight. i still don't like her though.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

tenor.gif?itemid=5874326

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

deco nate wrote: »

Mack who?

tumblr_n6md4vs2nv1sg3vmpo1_500.gif

Spouts all this crap about #TIL bla bla. Tell that to the slot machines in Baegas you jerk!

You are a hanghanded one. I feel personally battered by you because of this comment and gif. #MackToo

Also, for whoever was asking about Nicola's eye being a bit bogey... I know a solution for her to fix it but I probably shouldn't say on here.

The smart play betting wise now might be to back Ryan as the public could vote for him to show that they don't feel he did anything wrong, especially if he retreats into his shell a little, they'll feel badly for him.

The smart play betting wise now might be to back Ryan as the public could vote for him to show that they don't feel he did anything wrong, especially if he retreats into his shell a little, they'll feel badly for him.

He should just come out all guns blazing and say what happened.
    And put to her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

nintchdbpict000295318582-e1488370884829.jpg

nintchdbpict000298192641.jpg

• Advertisement

Jeff2 wrote: »
    He should just come out all guns blazing and say what happened.
    And put to her

He should do that alright, but I think he's much too soft for that.

He doesn't have the ability to watch a replay of course and so that coupled with BB's final warning will have him no doubt second guessing his recollection of what happened and wonderig if maybe he did hurt her and tbh I see him going and apologizing to her.

He'll understandably be worried about what the public will make of it too, especially given that he has been so publicly reprimanded.

If you're a CBB producer, then you're a bit nervous at this point. If Roxy gets voted out tomorrow, she'll get dog's abuse when she steps outside. But there's no real justification for sending her out via a side door, other than admitting she's a flake.

Even the BOTS audience is likely to rip her a fresh one, never mind the problem of finding 3 sympathetic BOTS panellists. If this is the last CBB for a few years, it'll be remembered as the season when anything that could go wrong did go wrong. Which is a shame, because I'm enjoying it immensely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Like seriously. Who the fvck “reviewed the footage” and then deemed it necessary to issue him a formal final warning, and then further appease that absolute psycho with a private bedroom?!!!?! This guy surely

tenor.gif?itemid=5210084

I might be dying with a tooth infection but it’s this that has my blood boiling!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Disgusting behaviour by Poxy Roxy, I had to rewind last night when she asked to be called to the diary room as I'd initially thought I'd missed the part where Ben confessed his feelings and thought it was due to that. I couldn't believe it was over a play fight with Ryan, vile vile excuse for a woman. As someone said it's a pity Emma won't be able to mention it when she's evicted but hopefully the BOTS crew will go to town on her. Hopefully she's out tonight and she realises how she's single-handedly ruined her own "career".

https://twitter.com/the_jamesjordan/status/1035299548791549952?s=21

Then Denise Welsh says they went out together in the past.

https://twitter.com/realdenisewelch/status/1035283150627328000?s=21

Seems like Roxanne is a vindictive disgusting bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

It's quite clear to me that Roxanne is going for a #metoo angle here.

giphy.gif

Sally seems to be so blind she missed an assault happening right under her nose.

The feud between Roxanne and Ryan started 10 years ago over a dress at the soap awards, and they hadn’t been on speaking terms ever since.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7049730/celebrity-big-brother-ryan-thomas-roxanne-pallett-secret-feud-decade/
    At the time, Roxanne, 35, was playing Jo Sugden in Emmerdale while Ryan, 34, played Jason Grimshaw in Coronation Street.

Ryan discovered Roxanne was set to wear the same dress as one of his co-stars to the British Soap Awards and phoned her to demand she switch outfits to avoid any red carpet embarrassment.

A source told the publication: “Ryan felt like he was doing the right thing by trying to look out for his friend.

A few months after that she went out with Ryan’s friend and he felt she was up to no good.
    Obviously Roxanne is toxic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,783 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

On eviction night, I hope her new boyfriend / fiancé turns up in one of those "I dig crazy chick's " T-shirts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement