Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2018 (3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

i want to take this moment *cough cough* to say thank you to everyone who contributes to the thread to male us all laugh and cry. Big brithers we are all in this together and long may it continue.

Disclaimer* Mack and IBC you are a disgrace to leave the house in search of warmer climes and gambling. May the filth be upon ye :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

ligerdub wrote: »
    I like this show in general, would watch most series that have been done of this, but sometimes you can see the danger and circus that surrounds it.

We have an incident and 2 people here who could either be a nations darling or one of the most hated people in that country depending on interpretation, and could have hinged on a matter of inches.

It seems quite clear that Roxanne was in the wrong here. She tried to get another housemate in serious ****/kicked out of the house, one she has a bit of history with on a personal level and also an intra-industry rivalry. It backfired and she's too deep in her story to back out now.

There seems to be a litany of stories about her now and how vindictive, manipulative and a bully she is. There's going to be a feeding frenzy on that now looking for all the negatives. I'm sure there's plenty of that to be fair.

What she has done is not cool, but it's not like she's Rose West or anything. She seems to have some fairly major psychological problems and hasn't developed a mature emotional intelligence. She's 35 years of age but she seems to have the maturity of somebody in their early 20's. I'm as anti-feminist as they come, and she should face the consequences of a fairly heinous accusation, but this could have absolutely horrific consequences for her, and it's uncomfortable viewing all round.

Ironically she's on a show with Nick Leeson, who himself found himself so deep in a lie that led to a dramatic life changing event for many people and near global condemnation.

And so it begins..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

No, the only mistake they made was issuing Ryan with a formal warning. Should never have happened. They clearly thought it would shut her up but it did the opposite and once she knew they were willing to do that, she then ramped it up and asked to sleep in the spare room, and then the next day wanting to know why Ryan was allowed to remain. They should never have indulged her to begin with.

Totally agree.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Just caught up with it there (thanks YouTube!)

I only happened to get into this year's CBB because my broadband was down on the launch night, and there was nothing else on. I watched the second episode and was hooked

Watching what has happened with Ryan and Roxy has made me furious,For someone to slander someone with such a career killing accusation shows that this person isn't well.

I rarely get invested in a tv show, but I truely felt Ryan's pain and anguish at having something like that thrown at him. He wasn't my fav going in, but he's among them now. He handled the situation brilliantly, dispute how taxing it must have been on him and when dan was told to "think about why Ryan hasn't been removed" I could tell he was going to be redeemed in some way, the icing on the cake was Ben leaving and the housemates hearing all the chants of "Get Roxy out"

I've never been in Ryan's position and I hope nobody ever is, but the relief I felt for him realising the public knew what was going on was immense. He's been at his with end fit the past few days.

Could you imagine if Rodrigo was there when all this went down?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Just caught up with it there (thanks YouTube!)

I only happened to get into this year's CBB because my broadband was down on the launch night, and there was nothing else on. I watched the second episode and was hooked

Watching what has happened with Ryan and Roxy has made me furious,For someone to slander someone with such a career killing accusation shows that this person isn't well.

I rarely get invested in a tv show, but I truely felt Ryan's pain and anguish at having something like that thrown at him. He wasn't my fav going in, but he's among them now. He handled the situation brilliantly, dispute how taxing it must have been on him and when dan was told to "think about why Ryan hasn't been removed" I could tell he was going to be redeemed in some way, the icing on the cake was Ben leaving and the housemates hearing all the chants of "Get Roxy out"

I've never been in Ryan's position and I hope nobody ever is, but the relief I felt for him realising the public knew what was going on was immense. He's been at his with end fit the past few days.

Could you imagine if Rodrigo was there when all this went down?

Other observations;

Nick is the mad uncle with cool stories you which you had
    "Oh yeah, I crashed barings bank, cost them 800million quid, did a few years Inside and here I am"

Hardeep is the guy in the office who people steer clear from, but comes out with the occasional gem which reminds people not to sack him

Gabby: her accent both grates and arouses me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭moonage

It's a bit late for Rylan Clark to be tweeting that the housemates should be shown the footage. Why didn't he tweet it when it mattered? They all now know truth from fiction.

God, it's been a dramatic few days!

HW7eDTe.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

moonage wrote: »
    It's a bit late for Rylan Clark to be tweeting that the housemates should be shown the footage. Why didn't he tweet it when it mattered? They all now know truth from fiction.

HW7eDTe.gif

He’s been spineless up to this point. Probably the only person I’ve seen not to condemn her. There’s a point in time where a “live and let live” attitude becomes the wrong thing to do and he went beyond it three days ago. I’m speechless.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is toxic Roxy the most universally hated hm ever

Yes, she has no redeeming features, usually a person has something else to offer and are not evil.
    Look at Natalie in this series, some hated her and other enjoyed her, she was loud and talkative but not a bad person, annoying to some.

It wasn't entertaining in a good way what Roxanne did, we all like a bit of mischief in the house, but no one likes to see someone trying to destroy an innocent person, so yes to your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A person she went to school with and this is in the papers from 10 years ago, says Roxanne is devious and evil. In school Roxanne claimed she was being bullied but she was in the bully.

https://twitter.com/olumes58/status/1036014302002597896?s=21

Roxanne lied to classmates that the girl she bullied was a lesbian and was watching them all undress in PE class.
    She ended up having to change schools because of Roxanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    He’s been spineless up to this point. Probably the only person I’ve seen not to condemn her. There’s a point in time where a “live and let live” attitude becomes the wrong thing to do and he went beyond it three days ago. I’m speechless.

I don’t think he’s spineless. I think he has to sit on the fence, if Roxy was to do an interview with him he couldn’t be seen to take Ryan’s side from the start. Otherwise she wouldn’t do the interview.

I’d say they’ve been told she 100% won’t talk to them now so that’s why he tweeted that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

moonage wrote: »

It could be that they didn't want to show the clip to the house while Roxy was still in there out of concern for her safety. I do think that Ryan's mental health should have been prioritised, if that is the case. Anyway she's out now so I hope they do show it to the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

With the dust just beginning to settle on PunchGate, the reaction is pretty much unanimous. Pallet has a long history of this and there’s not a shred of evidence to back up any of her claims. In relation to Ryan, we have absolute evidence to the contrary.

So one thought keeps rattling around my head: how the fcuk did Ryan end up with a ‘formal warning’?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It could be that they didn't want to show the clip to the house while Roxy was still in there out of concern for her safety. I do think that Ryan's mental health should have been prioritised, if that is the case. Anyway she's out now so I hope they do show it to the house.

But they let the lie fester among the housemates that Poxy had fed bullsh!t, for over a day.

Fair enough don’t show the footage, but make an announcement that was akin to what BB said to Dan when he questioned the matter.

Personally I think they should have thrown her out for false allegations but seeing as they didn’t, the onus was on them to protect Ryan.

They didn’t, and for that they should be ashamed of themselves and face the consequences.

Yes it’s garnered huge press interest and made for some incredibly awkward and hard to watch drama.

Yes it’s also shed light on a very important issue, false allegations, and also made sure of Roxy being outed for the lunatic she is.

But Ryan suffered irreparable damage in the process. Grossly unfair.

He’ll win the show and garner massive public respect and sympathy but at what cost. He’ll be paranoid for the rest of his life around women.

That doesn’t even take into account the trauma BB caused viewers.

Disgusting really from them. Hope jobs are lost and they’re taken to the cleaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

tweat has been deleted, what did it say?

https://twitter.com/Rylan/status/1036001644473929728?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭valoren

It's been very close to the bone for my wife and me watching this. The same thing happened to my wife when she worked with my sister in law the difference being that instead of play fighting manipulated into assault it was my sister in law bullying my wife but when she got exposed and found out she was confronted. She flipped the story and accused my wife of being the bully, smeared her name at work and in my family. It split my family apart. One toxic individual did that. My wife was a 'Ryan' in the situation and it's been as if she has relived what happened over 4 years ago. The modus operandi, the words used, the looks, the manipulation have all been uncanny. Like Ryan she was even the one to shake her hand and try to move on.

Like Pallett, it's clear my sister in law had been bullying like this since school, always the perpetual attention seeking victim. My gullible 'Ben' like brother was mugged off to the point he married her out of pity. He's a lost cause now with two kids she'd happily take from him should he ever become clued in.

We all know or have encountered a 'Roxanne' and we all know someone who has been a Ryan. The visceral reaction attests to that and it's been cathartic for my wife, who had been upset in empathy with him, to see him getting stunningly vindicated and for the instigator to follow the pattern they all follow which is to run away from accountability. She never got that vindication as the toxic sister in law still gets civility from my put upon family, caught in the middle of a hateful, insecure twerps drama and insanity. We chose to avoid those people at all times, I have a feeling employers in the entertainment industry will wisely do the same with Pallett.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

RobertKK wrote: »
    A person she went to school with and this is in the papers from 10 years ago, says Roxanne is devious and evil. In school Roxanne claimed she was being bullied but she was in the bully.

https://twitter.com/olumes58/status/1036014302002597896?s=21

Roxanne lied to classmates that the girl she bullied was a lesbian and was watching them all undress in PE class.
    She ended up having to change schools because of Roxanne.

But the most telling part of it all. Is the spokesman statement

'Roxanne has no recollection of this girl.'

Nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

But they let the lie fester among the housemates that Poxy had fed bullsh!t, for over a day.

Personally I think they should have thrown her out for false allegations but seeing as they didn’t, the onus was on them to protect Ryan.

They didn’t, and for that they should be ashamed of themselves and face the consequences.

I agree 100%. Ryan was, I think, two days in there imagining everyone thought he was a monster. He was probably second guessing himself. And two days in the Big Brother house I imagine would feel like a week.

He could have been thinking that the footage didn't completely and totally exonerate him, Roxanne was (playing it) so sure and when she told a few people they didn't immediately dismiss the idea so maybe people on the outside believe Roxy. Maybe his fiancée believes Roxy. Maybe the mother of his daughter believes Roxy. Maybe from here on in no one will trust him in a room alone with a woman. It could only have been absolutely devastating.

God I was nearly in tears myself when he was in the Diary Room apologising for if he'd caused any offence! He clearly did think that there may have been people who thought he was in the wrong.

Hearing the crowd chant "Get Roxy out" must have been like being stranded in the desert, food's ran out, water's nearly gone too. You've been trekking for days, the heat really getting to you now, you don't think you're ever going to see your loved ones ever again and then, you hear "Get Roxy out" and that's the rescue team. You can see them, they see you. You're being rescued. You're going to be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

I think now poxy has left....Ryan needs lots of support. Full Footage should now be shown to the housemates Inc roxys Dr dramatics. Tweets should be given to all housemates but a couple more for ryan from viewers, and as part of winning a task ryans gf should come in reassure him and leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

valoren wrote: »
    It's been very close to the bone for my wife and me watching this. The same thing happened to my wife when she worked with my sister in law the difference being that instead of play fighting manipulated into assault it was my sister in law bullying my wife but when she got exposed and found out she was confronted. She flipped the story and accused my wife of being the bully, smeared her name at work and in my family. It split my family apart. One toxic individual did that. My wife was a 'Ryan' in the situation and it's been as if she has relived what happened over 4 years ago. The modus operandi, the words used, the looks, the manipulation have all been uncanny. Like Ryan she was even the one to shake her hand and try to move on.

Like Pallett, it's clear my sister in law had been bullying like this since school, always the perpetual attention seeking victim. My gullible 'Ben' like brother was mugged off to the point he married her out of pity. He's a lost cause now with two kids she'd happily take from him should he ever become clued in.

We all know or have encountered a 'Roxanne' and we all know someone who has been a Ryan. The visceral reaction attests to that and it's been cathartic for my wife, who had been upset in empathy with him, to see him getting stunningly vindicated and for the instigator to follow the pattern they all follow which is to run away from accountability. She never got that vindication as the toxic sister in law still gets civility from my put upon family, caught in the middle of a hateful, insecure twerps drama and insanity. We chose to avoid those people at all times, I have a feeling employers in the entertainment industry will wisely do the same with Pallett.
    A lot of bullying now been highlighted in the media this week. Mainly thanks to bb. Hopefully when the show finishes the anti bullying prigade will still keep awareness of this despicable practice in the public eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

valoren wrote: »

Hi Valoren[and anyone else reading this] there is a fairly active subreddit called Raised by Narcissists. The clue is in the title.

From all the stories there you will see you are not alone and that this type of thing is sadly quite common and the similarities between people's stories is frightening.

You will also see some strategies people use in dealing with these very delicate situations. Sadly the best method has its own acronym, NC, no contact. Just cutting them out of your life.

Lots of Roxys and Ryans on there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Next step in the drama will be the jealousy that comes from other existing housemates when they see this may result in Ryan sailing to the final.

Lets not forget before all this Ryan wasnt hugely popular either. The ones who really care about winning will be wanting to drop the sympathy act straight away and resume business.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Just saw a clip for the shopping task. The look on Nicks face is gold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Telly wrote: »
    Just saw a clip for the shopping task. The look on Nicks face is gold :D

I think the correct term for Nick's expression is "kill me now".

https://twitter.com/bbuk/status/1036173013903974401

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Gabby: her accent both grates and arouses me :pac:

Did she arrives in a time machine from 1998, or is there a 90s fashion revival

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I think the correct term for Nick's expression is "kill me now".

That clip should be in spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think she is cunning and calculating

And in common with this type of person, she's not very smart. As if all their intellectual development has gone on manipulation of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I just found out that Tina O'Brian is the mother of Ryan's daughter. I never knew that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Whatever about showing the footage, they need to retract the formal warning. Id say despite the housemates now supporting him and hearing the get roxy out chant, he must be still very worried about what people think of him in the outside as he has no idea of the support he's getting.

While the formal warning is in place its still saying he did something wrong, some will say he shouldnt have touched her....even in a playful way, but they need to wise up....look at someone the wrong way these days and you're in trouble. People like that need to grow up....thats the sort of thing my sister did when we were kids, running to tell mammy over nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    He can't though really because of his position as presenter. He's meant to be impartial.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

wyrn wrote: »
    He can't though really because of his position as presenter. He's meant to be impartial.

I'd say it was killing him, and Emma too, but I presume they had to toe the line at the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement