Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2018 (3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

If Emma had any nerve she’d sit her down, take out her pre prepared questions.. set them on fire and then ask her questions that the public have Tweeted.
    She has made some extremely damaging accusations for all to see, repeatedly. Why is she being pandered to like a fcuking child?

Well we know that will not happen.
    They could not even talk about it two days following the incident...

Probably a team of solicitors flapping about in the background.

You ask the question..... Why is she being pandered too.
    Why do you think she is being pandered too?

We are currently in an environment where all abuse is being conflated.
    Words and phrases like "my truth" and statements like "i felt like I was being attacked at the time" are being used to hide behind down and out lies.

If you question an abuse victim you are victim shaming or a "part of the problem"....

Roxanne is a product of an environment we have created for her, that is why people are pandering to her.

Emma Willis was on BB BOTS she was asked a question around it she then put her head on the table and basically said "I am f##ked no matter what I say"

If there was no cameras how many of you would be on the #ibelieveher bandwagon?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

RobertKK wrote: »
    Thanks to Roxanne I am listening to 98FM, this discussion on Trump is hilarious. One caller wouldn't even take a free holiday to the US because of Trump, so funny...the name calling...

I listen to this show every morning when I'm in the office, some strange and trashy characters on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think now Roxanne has admitted to getting it wrong, BB need to revoke the warning they gave to Ryan and apologise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I think now Roxanne has admitted to getting it wrong, BB need to revoke the warning they gave to Ryan and apologise

She had to admit to getting it wrong the footage is there obviously she was shown the footage and her agents told her to apologize and go into some form of damage limitation mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Well we know that will not happen.
    They could not even talk about it two days following the incident...

Probably a team of solicitors flapping about in the background.

You ask the question..... Why is she being pandered too.
    Why do you think she is being pandered too?

We are currently in an environment where all abuse is being conflated.
    Words and phrases like "my truth" and statements like "i felt like I was being attacked at the time" are being used to hide behind down and out lies.

If you question an abuse victim you are victim shaming or a "part of the problem"....

Roxanne is a product of an environment we have created for her, that is why people are pandering to her.

Emma Willis was on BB BOTS she was asked a question around it she then put her head on the table and basically said "I am f##ked no matter what I say"

If there was no cameras how many of you would be on the #ibelieveher bandwagon?

I agree with some of your points but not that she's a product of the environment created for her.

She has a clear history of this carry on, as far back as her school days, so nothing to do with the current environment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Well Emma will have to deliver the goods tonight because the pressure really will be on her to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭valoren

I wonder if the panel were asked to be gentle in order to actually secure the 'exclusive' interview.
    All about the ratings!

I'd say the CBB interview tonight is contractually obliged, Pallett agreeing to it in order to secure her fee. Hopefully they will have much more flexibility to ask the hard questions as it will be under their remit to ask whatever they want.

BBFAN wrote: »
    I agree with some of your points but not that she's a product of the environment created for her.

She has a clear history of this carry on, as far back as her school days, so nothing to do with the current environment.

You are missing the point, her reason too why she does this kind of thing is probably due to some psychological reasons.

Getting away with this behavior has everything to do with environment....
    Somehow I doubt she will cry wolf again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Taytoland wrote: »
    She needs to give up the ghost and lay low for years. Nothing can save her career now. Apparently Jeremy vine was weak on the interview?

Weak as one sheet of toilet paper trying to plug a dam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

You are missing the point, her reason too why she does this kind of thing is probably due to some psychological reasons.

Getting away with this behavior has everything to do with environment....
    Somehow I doubt she will cry wolf again!

No, I'm not missing the point at all. She's been getting away with it for over 25 years, there was no #metoo campaign back then.

And btw there's not one person on this forum who would have believed her footage or not. Almost to a man, everyone knew she was Abbey acting from the 1st night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

For anyone who didn't catch the interview this morning and want to torture themselves

I know I usually post humour, but on a serious note, she kept saying in the moment, did that moment last 48 hours? If there were no cameras, she never would have taken this back and ruined Ryan.

If it was a once off thing, we might understand it better, but with all the people speaking of what she has done in the past, she hasn't a leg to stand on.

She will make a load of money doing interviews now and when it all blows over, she will probably get acting work again, maybe even in the States. That interview was a bit lazy but I suppose they are under guidelines on what they can and can't ask/say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Kolido wrote: »
    For anyone who didn't catch the interview this morning and want to torture themselves

Kolido, you're a star. Whoever called it last night about the no makeup, you were spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Didn't see the episode yesterday, just caught a gist of it on the DM. The lengths she went to turn everyone against yer man is astonishing. Can't help feel she picked her victim too, I know it's a bit of victim blaming but if he had fought his ground rather than apologising it may have killed it straight off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I have to admit, I was more than a little confused that the currently most reviled woman in Britain would make an almost immediate return to British TV. Don't they realise the level of seething animosity that's out there towards Poxette? And the answer is why yes. Yes, they do.

This is the biggest publicity storm (geddit?) to hit CBB since it's been with Channel 5. And Channel 5 is going to milk the tits off of it. First stop, Channel 5's Kissing Arse With Jeremy Vine, the replacement show for Channel 5's Matthew Wright's Mindless Banter. After that, it's on to Channel 5's Celebrity Big Brother - The Interview, and possibly a special guest appearance on Channel 5's Big Brother's Bit On The Side before the season is out. Note the common thread there.

While - for whatever reason - Poxette is 'hot', she'll appear on as many Channel 5 shows as possible. And, unfortunately, that means soft soap interviews aplenty. If they lay into her, boots up (ooh me ribs) then she won't do any more shows. They'll spin it out until people stop watching to see if someone rips into her because the penny drops that they never will.

Until then, Channel 5 ratings gold every time she pops up.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    She had to admit to getting it wrong the footage is there obviously she was shown the footage and her agents told her to apologize and go into some form of damage limitation mode.

I would also question her claim of domestic violence. Every word she says now is disbelieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

I would also question her claim of domestic violence. Every word she says now is disbelieved.

I don't believe a word of it. When she was trying to tell them in the house what he had supposedly done she said she had never been hit that hard before!!! I think that says it all really. She has probably already ruined her ex boyfriend reputation to his family and friends. Hope she gets sued to oblivion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭Acosta

It's a pity that when the producers gave RT that official warning he didn't tell them to go and **** themselves and walk out and not give C5 the opportunity to milk this for ratings

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Acosta wrote:
    It's a pity that when the producers gave RT that official warning he didn't tell them to go and **** themselves and walk out and not give C5 the opportunity to milk this for ratings

I'm glad he didn't because he would have left under a cloud of suspicion from his housemates and why should he lose out on his appearance fee for that toxic yoke. Also I'd say her team would have made it all go away so that she would manipulate to come out smelling of roses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It’s all left a very bad taste. Glad BB is finished on Ch5 cos I’m not watching it on that sh!tty channel anymore.

The vanilla pr!ck this morning was the final insult.

Hopefully Ryan and his lawyers clean them out.

BBFAN wrote: »
    No, I'm not missing the point at all. She's been getting away with it for over 25 years, there was no #metoo campaign back then.

And btw there's not one person on this forum who would have believed her footage or not. Almost to a man, everyone knew she was Abbey acting from the 1st night.

So I think you are talking nonsense.

Being a manipulative child or compulsive liar only works an an environment where people #ibelieverher.

My issue here is the rhetoric you use "not one person on this forum who would of believed her".

Why?

This is just a nonsense statement, you don't know her, you are only saying this because you have had the benefit of watching her on TV for the last few weeks.

I do not care what you believe or what you don't believe this for be is at the crux of the current environment.

Did you call her out when she accused Sam Attwater for assaulting her?

People want retribution for their feelings and what they "believe"...
    If this was not caught on camera or was not part of the BB show a lot of people would have had no real reason to question her and would of course be on the #ibelieverher.

• Advertisement

I wouldn’t usually disbelieve someone who says they’ve been abused in the past because it’s such a messed up thing to lie about. However, knowing her form and her pattern of behaviour, id be hesitant to believe a word of it also. I hate this thing of trying to rationalise evil behaviour by explaining it away through past trauma. Sometimes people are just fcuking evil. She’s a fantasist and a compulsive liar. I seriously doubt there was ever even an abusive relationship in the past and if there was, I’d be sceptical of what she infers as “abuse”.
    I wouldn’t even sit beside her in the cinema. Total and utter weapon.

Questions I'd like to hear Emma ask tonight but she probably won't:

* Why were you laughing and joking before, during and after Ryan broke 16 of your ribs?

* Why is it have a two decade history of making false allegations?

* What behaviour of yours was it that made 21 of your fellow Emmerdale colleagues come out against you and in support of Ryan?

*During your last panto, did you accuse one of your fellow actors of assault, when it was you that assaulted him?

* Do you acknowledge bullying a girl at school to the extent that she had to change schools?

* Do you acknowledge that you use accusations against fellow workers as a career and peer tactic?

So I think you are talking nonsense.

Being a manipulative child or compulsive liar only works an an environment where people #ibelieverher.

My issue here is the rhetoric you use "not one person on this forum who would of believed her".

Why?

This is just a nonsense statement, you don't know her, you are only saying this because you have had the benefit of watching her on TV for the last few weeks.

I do not care what you believe or what you don't believe this for be is at the crux of the current environment.

Did you call her out when she accused Sam Attwater for assaulting her?

People want retribution for their feelings and what they "believe"...
    If this was not caught on camera or was not part of the BB show a lot of people would have had no real reason to question her and would of course be on the #ibelieverher.

What in the frig are you even going on about

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Heard her say as she was leaving that she'd prefer to work in a corner shop than stay in the house. I don't think the corner shop would go near her. What the hell is she going to do when her 15 minutes is up?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Did you hear the one the rang in support of Roxanne, she hadn't even seen the clip but said if i was in that situation i would have acted the same way, the radio host was astounded i think, he told her he didn't lay a hand on her all she said back was i didn't see and i bet has absolutely no interest in looking at it either. There was another women on after show with Rylan the other night he asked who was on her side she put her hand up quickly and as quick put it down when she saw no one else had put their hand up. Most of these types are very happy for any man 2 go down who don't care if their innocent but all these types are on social media. There is a reason that there are curse words to describe these people and have been around for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Duck Soup wrote: »
    She didn't get it wrong, she made it up with malice aforethought.

When she constantly used the words "repeatedly" and "intentionally" to other HMs in the gaff when describing things. that's more than "getting it wrong". When she attempted to change how other people thought and interacted, that's more than "getting it wrong". When she cried her heart out multiple times showing disbelief that BB allowed Ryan to stay, that's more than "getting it wrong".

Every last thing she did was contrived. Every reaction. Every face she pulled. Everything had her best bits or screenshot photos for media in mind. A sick sick wench of a woman. If you don't know someone like this, consider yourself fortunate.

What in the frig are you even going on about

I am amazed at the logic people use here.
    You wonder why people are pandering to her but people who wondering this usually are the same people who want retribution when accusations are made with no evidence. All it takes then is that you "believe them"...

Can you not see a flaw in that logic?

You wonder why people are pandering to her but people who wondering this usually are the same people who want retribution when accusations are made with no evidence. At it takes then is that you "believe them"...

Sorry. I really have no idea what it is you’re trying to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

You wonder why people are pandering to her but people who wondering this usually are the same people who want retribution when accusations are made with no evidence. All it takes then is that you "believe them"...

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement