Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2018 (3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

Sorry. I really have no idea what it is you’re trying to say.

It is not that difficult to understand.

We currently live in a #metoo and #ibelieveher environment

If this was not caught on camera she would of ruined his career.

This is the environment we have created.

And even with the video footage Emma Willis found it so difficult to talk about during the week she literally had to say "I am f##ked no matter what I say"

You do understand why she said that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

deise08 wrote: »
    That time when she actually punched Ben's chest and he feigned being hurt she actually said...
    'He's messing big brother, Ben tell them you're messing, if I get a telling off because of this...'

She knew full well that Ryan would be getting called in..

I actually forgot about that until you mentioned it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

The sickening way she's now using the wording "in that moment" is driving me up the wall. She started it in the house with Kirsty when she knew people were disbelieving her. It's her way out of it by claiming that's how she "felt" when it happened.

It doesn't wash though and a good interviewer needs to call her out on it. She wasn't in the moment when she said that he punched her like a boxer would punch a punchbag, she wasn't in the moment when she said it was 5 or 6 hits. She kept it up for a full 48 hours in her attempt to have him thrown out.

If any of the guys in there had been hotheads and truly believed her it could have resulted in a physical altercation between them and Ryan which would have meant one or more of them being removed. Such dangerous **** is unreal.

Only for Ryan is obviously a well grounded individual this could have gone in totally a different direction because if it was me when Ben said to keep the boxing away from the ladies I'd of lost it.

Ryan's upbringing shone through in the whole process, he obviously knew so much more about Roxanee that he could have told the others and didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It is not that difficult to understand.

We currently live in a #metoo and #ibelieveher environment

If this was not caught on camera she would of ruined his career.

This is the environment we have created.

And even with the video footage Emma Willis found it so difficult to talk about during the week she literally had to say "I am f##ked no matter what I say"

You do understand why she said that?

You’re really not saying anything different to what the rest of us have been saying for about five days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If there was no cameras how many of you would be on the #ibelieveher bandwagon?

F*ck me you're dead right. So dangerous. I've seen it said that women should just be believed. There'd be no shortage of it here. All claims should be investigated by all means but that doesn't mean you automatically believe the complainant.

I wonder have any of these staunch anti-patriarchy radical feminists come out to say Roxanne got it wrong? Or havevthey jusy stayed quiet. Or have they gone eith the predictable "if she feels she's been assaulted then that's valid".

F*ck modern society's apologists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

You’re really not saying anything different to what the rest of us have been saying for about five days now.

I still haven’t grasped the point. I tried google translate and all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Ryan should still sue her for defamation of character when he gets out. Surely that is what should happen? Wouldn't you look at legal advice on what to do after being put through that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Taytoland wrote: »
    Ryan should still sue her for defamation of character when he gets out. Surely that is what should happen? Wouldn't you look at legal advice on what to do after being put through that?

And sue BB for their insanely bad handling of the whole thing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Duck Soup wrote: »
    “IT’S BEHIND YOU!” - everyone
    “What is?” - Roxanne
    “Your career!” - everyone

:pac::pac::pac:

You asked the question why are people pandering to her.
    I suspect you do not like the answer.

Reason I suspect that is, if this was not caught on camera and if you just heard about it on the news, you had her account then his. What would your opinion of been? And try and be honest.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

RobertKK wrote:
    Debbie Dingle basically calling everything she said is BS.

Well if you can't trust a Dingle, who can you trust eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2018/09/03/she-hasnt-slept-in-days-roxanne-pallett-was-immediately-sick-after-apologising-on-jeremy-vine-7909270/amp/

Ah she's stressed... Does that mean she'll try pull out of the next interview?? Or will it be a pre recorded one?

Omackeral wrote: »
    F*ck me you're dead right. So dangerous. I've seen it said that women should just be believed. There'd be no shortage of it here. All claims should be investigated by all means but that doesn't mean you automatically believe the complainant.

I wonder have any of these staunch anti-patriarchy radical feminists come out to say Roxanne got it wrong? Or havevthey jusy stayed quiet. Or have they gone eith the predictable "if she feels she's been assaulted then that's valid".

F*ck modern society's apologists.

The issue I have with modern feminists is not that they will defend Roxanne if anything they will be the first to come out condemn her. But if there was no hard video evidence I have to worry what their position would then be. I would argue the opposite... It would be another case of she should be believed and any questioning of that belief is tad amount to victim shaming.

So we end up stuck, people are scared to talk about, scared to ask question scared to even question whether "could she be lying?"

Reason I suspect that is, if this was not caught on camera and if you just heard about it on the news, you had her account then his. What would your opinion of been? And try and be honest.....

Why are people pandering to her after she has been proven to be a known liar and a fantasist who tried to sabotage someone’s career.
    I’m not sure what your aim is here, but if you’re assuming I’d believe her solely on the basis of an allegation alone, then you’re very much mistaken.

This is my post from a few days ago for added clarity:
    It really is horrendous to imagine how differently this would have went had there been no cameras around.

Anyway.......moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Poxette played this out for 24 hours while in the house. Most of the other housemates didn't even know that this sideline Poxette show was taking place behind their backs. She did it solely for air time.

BB owe Ryan an apology for they way they extended his misery. Emma Willis had better gut this bitch tonight and show the "assault" scene, not from the far side of the room, but using all the close up cameras at their disposal.

I don't even believe that his ring touched her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭valoren

That reputation is everything very much becomes relevant here.

Roxanne's precedes itself considering she has a history of false accusations based on testimony from ex-colleagues.

If she didn't have a history then she would in all likelihood be believed if no cameras captured it.

This situation is why stories/fables like the Boy who Cried wolf are taught to children. She's cried victim before and gotten away with it. Now she's done it again but has been caught dead to rights and going to get devoured. Or so you would hope.

Maybe the Jeremy interview was weak is because he I imagine isn't really immersed in it like viewers would be or those working on the show. I think we will see a much better and tougher one with Emma. I'd be severely disappointed otherwise.

Maybe the Jeremy interview was weak is because he I imagine isn't really immersed in it like viewers would be or those working on the show. I think we will see a much better and tougher one with Emma. I'd be severely disappointed otherwise.

Yeah I hope so too. BB have asked for viewers questions on Twitter so we'll see will she be putting them to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Lisland

Poxette played this out for 24 hours while in the house. Most of the other housemates didn't even know that this sideline Poxette show was taking place behind their backs. She did it solely for air time.

BB owe Ryan an apology for they way they extended his misery. Emma Willis had better gut this bitch tonight and show the "assault" scene, not from the far side of the room, but using all the close up cameras at their disposal.

I don't even believe that his ring touched her.
    If she wanted airtime she could have just started a big row with Hardeep about the food or the hair or something. She could have done multiple things to get attention and airtime if she really wanted to. She decided to do something which is arguably the darkest thing ever tried on another person on the show's history. And other stories have come out that makes me think it wasn't just for attention as such but something even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Could have been worse....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6124671/Celebrity-Big-Brother-Roxanne-Pallett-declined-offer-contact-police.html

Police ???? FFS.

Someone needs to get over herself smartish.

If she wanted airtime she could have just started a big row with Hardeep about the food or the hair or something. She could have done multiple things to get attention and airtime if she really wanted to. She decided to do something which is arguably the darkest thing ever tried on another person on the show's history. And other stories have come out that makes me think it wasn't just for attention as such but something even worse.

If she'd picked on Hardeep - who is a Sikh I believe ? - she ran the risk of a racism accusation.

Go the man bashing route and she thought she'd be golden. Thankfully not so.

Someone online has picked up the fact that during the interview this morning with Jeremy Vine she said that she had gone too far "this time"!!!!

And yet the stupid interviewer didn't pick up on it.

I get the feeling that not one of the panel had watched BB so they really didn't do their research very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just watched the Jeremy Vine interview . She acted her way through it, not a tear , not a chin wobble , eyes lowered Diana style etc . The woman is a weapon to be avoided . Stay well clear would be my advice to anyone she encounters

valoren wrote: »
    That reputation is everything very much becomes relevant here.

Roxanne's precedes itself considering she has a history of false accusations based on testimony from ex-colleagues.

If she didn't have a history then she would in all likelihood be believed.

This situation is why stories/fables like the Boy who Cried wolf are taught to children. She's cried victim before and gotten away with it. Now she's done it again but has been caught dead to rights and going to get devoured. Or so you would hope.

Testimonies that have come out now have only come out because she has been caught dead to rights. Not the other way round.

Had this been another case of she said he said, I doubt anyone would of come forward with their story.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Just watched the Jeremy Vine interview . She acted her way through not , not a tear , not a chin wobble , eyes lowered Diana style etc . The woman is a weapon to be avoided . Stay well clear would be my advice to anyone she encounters

I read a body language expert's review of her performance from a link posted earlier. She used big words and I couldn't fully understand it. I don't think they believed her.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/03/body-language-expert-decodes-roxanne-palletts-apology-interview-7908856/

Apparently she vomited straight after the interview. Who is leaking this info. Her PR team must on overdrive. DM was full of baby pics from her childhood yesterday. As if anyone gives a shlt what she looked like as a baby

She keeps saying she's sorry she used the word deliberate. So is she still trying say that he punched her 5 or 6 times?

Apparently she vomited straight after the interview. Who is leaking this info. Her PR team must on overdrive. DM was full of baby pics from her childhood yesterday. As if anyone gives a shlt what she looked like as a baby

It's like when there's a bad guy shot in Dublin, first pic they put up in generally his first Communion.

Sad, but a away to garner sympathy. Well, not garner per se - more like wring it out!

• Advertisement

If she'd picked on Hardeep - who is a Sikh I believe ? - she ran the risk of a racism accusation.

Go the man bashing route and she thought she'd be golden. Thankfully not so.

I don't think Ryan is what the cool kids called a white cis either tbf?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement