Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2018 (3)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

BBFAN wrote: »
    I don't think Ryan is what the cool kids called a white cis either tbf?

Possibly so, I'd like Peter Andre - perhaps a Cypriot parent, other Mediterranean.

She's still a weapon tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Possibly so, I'd like Peter Andre - perhaps a Cypriot parent, other Mediterranean.

She's still a weapon tho.

Ah I know, I actually think she had Ryan in her sights from the beginning, she said to him when he was apologising that she felt from the beginning that he didn't like her, which tbf he possibly didn't because he knew what we all now know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭valoren

I don't think Ryan is what the cool kids called a white cis either tbf?

Go with the one she knows personally. More fertile ground for inventing lies, lends more credibility to smears if there is an established history of interactions. We saw that when the fiance was deflecting for her about an 'incident' which supposedly happened at a bash over 10 years ago. The manipulative bent being that this guy Ryan was an apparently established hot head even then and the event which nobody else can verify lends credibility to Poxy's Posion. Toxic people and their enablers will make up anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Ah I know, I actually think she had Ryan in her sights from the beginning, she said to him when he was apologising that she felt from the beginning that he didn't like her, which tbf he possibly didn't because he knew what we all now know.

From what I've read, he knows her well - I don't normally go in for whataboutery but can you imagine what a man or woman going through actual domestic violence must have thought watching her ?

Very bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

At least she side stepped awkward questions about Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ben dodged a bullet there ! He will run for the hills now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Ben dodged a bullet there ! He will run for the hills now

As in the reality show The Hills? Yeah prob.

Don't get me wrong he came across as a soft guy but I reckon he'd do anything for fame, and will be a serial "Celeb" contestant on every reality/quiz show going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

This made me spit out my tea with laughter. :D:D

I know it's not a funny situation but imagine coming up with a plan like that get out of trouble for flirting.

Nothing would surprise me though, considering that she went straight to the diary room after Ben told her he loved her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Taytoland wrote: »
    If she wanted airtime she could have just started a big row with Hardeep about the food or the hair or something. She could have done multiple things to get attention and airtime if she really wanted to. She decided to do something which is arguably the darkest thing ever tried on another person on the show's history. And other stories have come out that makes me think it wasn't just for attention as such but something even worse.

If she'd picked on Hardeep - who is a Sikh I believe ? - she ran the risk of a racism accusation.

Go the man bashing route and she thought she'd be golden.  Thankfully not so.
    Maybe but some of the others have had arguments with him, so that was one route for her if she wanted the airtime but all she has done is screw herself. Her career is over. I don't know how you would go about trying to fix what she has caused and stay in acting/showbiz as a career or make money from it.

Who would hire her on any future projects and would any cast want to do it with her? What she did wasn't a mistake, it was a behaviour she has done for a lot of her life it seems (from what others have come out and said about her). You don't just make such a mistake like that. 

When Nick told her to tell the truth her response was that of a psychopath and someone with serious issues of delusion and alternate reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Just watched the interview there and it was like watching an interview with a soundboard as she just kept repeating the same things over and over "in that moment","I apologize to Ryan and everyone that watched", "I overreacted, I got it wrong", "I'm sorry", "I'm over sensitive", "I need to work on myself"etc.

I actually don't think she pondered on any of the questions she was asked. Every answer was immediate - soundboard esque. Even when asked about past co-stars, her answer was immediate: you make enemies along the way and unfortunately they capitalize in your downfall etc. Perfect answer and again much too quickly said for her not to have the answer pre-prepared.

She's a very skillful liar it has to be said, as even when asked on the back of texts sent in if she was just saying what she thinks people want to hear, in order to salvage her career, she said "I chose to be here today" which in no way answers the question but emphasizing the word I momentarily makes you think she's retorting the point but of course just because she chose to be there doesn't mean she's not doing it save her career.

Hopefully Emma will pick up on those kind of skillful sleights of hand and be well prepared for them tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Loughc wrote: »
    As in the reality show The Hills? Yeah prob.

Don't get me wrong he came across as a soft guy but I reckon he'd do anything for fame, and will be a serial "Celeb" contestant on every reality/quiz show going.

Oh I know ! Saw him on Married at First sight and he was awful on it . Fame hungry and self absorbed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Any employer would have to hire an independent third party just to supervise her interactions with other people 24/7. She's a walking set of legal proceedings.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Duck Soup wrote: »

Anyone who didnt see that coming stand on their head...

I would also question her claim of domestic violence. Every word she says now is disbelieved.

Perhaps she's thinking of that time she "lived" in Emmerdale.

18_09_EMMERDALE6-630x420.jpg

25_3_EMMERDALE_5-630x420.jpg

I just watched a clip of that interview where Vine showed Ryan breaking his heart sobbing in the diary room - I cried at that at the time it was so upsetting. Roxanne watched it completely impassively. If you reduced someone to that and felt any shame, you'd register some emotion surely? She doesn't seem to have any empathy, which is why she can casually ruin peoples lives for attention and not be at all concerned with anything other than making people believe her.

Her little girl act is very effective in drawing out the protective nature in men, something she manipulates and counts on. Unfortunately for her, it appears to have been seen through every step of the way if all the tweets regarding her history are any indication.

She's not in this position because she's sensitive, or because she's overwhelmed, or because the other housemates didn't know how very sensitive and delicate she is. She's in this situation because she cold bloodedly played with someones life and reputation so that she could get a cheap and tawdry storyline and now she's taking the most obvious route out of her mess, reducing it to an 'overreaction'. There isn't a sincere bone in that womans body.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Anyone know where Ryan's navy tracksuit with the red and white stripe is from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

Why are people pandering to her after she has been proven to be a known liar and a fantasist who tried to sabotage someone’s career.

They are pandering because the craziness of some of these movements. Even with video evidence presenters are still afraid to say the "wrong thing" and end up a sh1t storm or sacked or have some petition to have them removed.

I’m not sure what your aim is here, but if you’re assuming I’d believe her solely on the basis of an allegation alone, then you’re very much mistaken.

That is exactly what I am saying.

Her appearances on TV aren't going to help her because the public who watched it are near on 99% if not 100% are against what she did. The problems for Roxanne are going to come in the coming months when she can't get the work to sustain herself or her current lifestyle and then will have to cut down. That is when it will really "hit" her. 

It's great for the TV shows as it will bring in viewers but I don't think it will help her whatsoever. What's the point when you have no leeway as such as in the public watching it who saw her on the show won't ever believe anything she ever says again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

That is exactly what I am saying.

Bizarre assumption to make. You know nothing about me or what I would or wouldn’t believe.
    Stop quoting me now please, you’re wrecking my head.

• Advertisement

That theatre missed a trick.......

They should have announced that due to recent events some the parts had been swapped around and now Roxanne will one of the ugly sisters or even the wicked stepmother :P

Taytoland wrote: »
    Her appearances on TV aren't going to help her because the public who watched it are near on 99% if not 100% are against what she did. The problems for Roxanne are going to come in the coming months when she can't get the work to sustain herself or her current lifestyle and then will have to cut down. That is when it will really "hit" her.

It's great for the TV shows as it will bring in viewers but I don't think it will help her whatsoever. What's the point when you have no leeway as such as in the public watching it who saw her on the show won't ever believe anything she ever says again.

She's been sacked from the panto already sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Hi Guys,

What an eventful weekend eh!! Don't really have much more to say about Roxanne, except that she is an awful human being.

On a lighter note, I found it hilarious when she evicted Jermaine on friday she came out and stupidly asked "Was that a vote to save?" Then Hardeeps reply was just "**** sake":D:D:D

The Man, The Myth, The Legend

4F3E988A00000578-6080157-image-a-7_1534801145984.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That theatre missed a trick.......

They should have announced that due to recent events some the parts had been swapped around and now Roxanne will one of the ugly sisters or even the wicked stepmother :P

They have issued a statement saying she will still be playing the lead role , although they have changed the production to Pinocchio ...

:D

Bizarre assumption to make. You know nothing about me or what I would or wouldn’t believe.

Next I'll be up on harassment charges :P

Look I don't know you and I could be and probably am wrong in terms of what you might or might not believe.

I just find that the same bad logic get used on either side of the coin.
    When logic is bad it bad, even if someone is perhaps correct in a belief...

If you do not understand why people are pandering to being very careful in what they say then I would argue you are not fully aware of the current climate... Or how crazy things have become!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Still can't get my head around the reported £750,000 fee for a local radio presenter that used to be on Emmerdale. Tabloids were reporting it again today, surely it's £75K. Although Ryan is reportedly getting £500K.
    It's the fee that has her back doing the apology tour.

Don't feed it retro.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Still can't get my head around the reported £750,000 fee for a local radio presenter that used to be on Emmerdale. Tabloids were reporting it again today, surely it's £75K. Although Ryan is reportedly getting £500K.
    It's the fee that has her back doing the apology tour.

750K is what she was getting, I read they have been trying to get her on the show for a while. Perhaps they knew she was nutter than Squirrel sh1te!

Does anyone know if she is still getting it?

Don't feed it retro.

Certain irony to feeding something by telling someone else not to feed it.
    Irony perhaps the wrong word.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

She was never on a £750,000 fee, that's utter rubbish. Why would they pay Roxanne that much? Not a chance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement