Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2018 (3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Ryan has been very dignified about the whole Poxy situation, I’d be very surprised if he sued her.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It’s funny how limited the public appetite can be with things like this. I think he has every right to sue and technically he probably should, but it could be a case of “oh for god’s sake just move on”.. as far as the public are concerned it’s over and dealt with. She has “apologised”, if he is any way image conscious then he’ll want to be seen as the bigger person here and drawing a line under it and accepting her apology might be the only way of doing that. His Mam was on This Morning earlier (couldn’t hear it as the volume was down) but by reading some comments on The Daily Mail it seems people are already staring to turn and are accusing them of flogging a horse- and this is all before Ryan has even left the house.
    So while he could and probably should sue, realistically I’m not sure how beneficial it could be for him in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

It’s funny how limited the public appetite can be with things like this. I think he has every right to sue and technically he probably should, but it could be a case of “oh for god’s sake just move on”.. as far as the public are concerned it’s over and dealt with. She has “apologised”, if he is any way image conscious then he’ll want to be seen as the bigger person here and drawing a line under it and accepting her apology might be the only way of doing that. His Mam was on This Morning earlier (couldn’t hear it as the volume was down) but by reading some comments on The Daily Mail it seems people are already staring to turn and are accusing them of flogging a horse- and this is all before Ryan has even left the house.
    So while he could and probably should sue, realistically I’m not sure how beneficial it could be for him in the long run
    I could see a settlement and maybe a donation to a charity. Whatever about suing Roxanne (who lets face it probably doesn't have an awful lot of money), I'd be going after BB for allowing it to happen by giving her an extend platform (of days) to harp on about her "assault" and to ban him from talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I wouldn't be setting my moral compass to the comments made in the DM (keep thinking what kind of people read this thrash and then remember I do) but agree suing may not be the best option. I imagine his contract with BB has significant limitations on liability that may be difficult to overcome too.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

Read comments on DS about Roxanne referring to herself as a girl all the time. Got me thinking, how much she really infantalises herself. Saying to the lads, 'You's are all my big brothers', when she is actually older than them all. Constantly saying 'My mum knows I'm sensitive'. Bawling like a child, rubbing her eyes and saying 'A boy punched me'. Too scared to sleep in the room (actually ridiculous).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

https://twitter.com/SunglassesRon67/status/1036716496804892673

Exactly my thoughts. But during the live feed last night Ryan seemed to be trying to tell her to give it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

She’s a horrible cvnt Sally. Can’t abide by her or her evil ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Just, Emma <3

Yis are all a bunch of bandwagonners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

neonsofa wrote: »
    Just, Emma <3

Don’t you dare! You’re just interested in her looks, I love her all. You’re so shallow Neon. Leave my Emma alone.

I've just remembered, last night Germaine said that he thought it was a sexual assault. WTF?? I know he's stupid but was he even listening to anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭valoren

QueenRizla wrote: »
    Read comments on DS about Roxanne referring to herself as a girl all the time. Got me thinking, how much she really infantalises herself. Saying to the lads, 'You's are all my big brothers', when she is actually older than them all. Constantly saying 'My mum knows I'm sensitive'. Bawling like a child, rubbing her eyes and saying 'A boy punched me'. Too scared to sleep in the room (actually ridiculous).

Pallett must be a product of the UK equivalent of the Billy Barry schools of dance and performance. While the goal of these schools is to instill confidence in children, they run the risk of instilling a false, fake confidence in the children as well. They spend their childhood being told they are special, that they are stars. They get attention at every juncture and they effectively become intolerable little ****s. Old before their time. Now when the majority of the children who go through these schools grow up, they realize that they are not superstars, that blow to their ego becomes part of the maturation of their emotional development. Their self esteem is unaffected by that realization and they are perfectly ok with being normal.

Then there are the one's who never mature, the fully fledged narcissistic monsters with their put upon enablers fostering them completely at all times feeding their ego's. Remember those deluded 'singers' who would audition for the X factor yet hadn't a note in their head? Those are who I'm referring to. They audition, get rejected by the judges then they go back to their families who continue to inflate their ego's telling them they are better than Mariah bloody Carey and that the judges, actual industry experts, are totally wrong. To my mind, they might do so as to actually be blunt and honest with them as to how terrible/average they are will simply trigger tantrums and meltdowns, it being easier to stroke their ego to avoid that.

Deep down these people know they aren't special and it's this which drives them to bully others, manipulate, make false allegations typically towards those who threaten their narcissistic bubble or steal away attention from them. The entire point of making false statements etc is to discredit people who have what they do not have. Talent, respect, intelligence, beauty, work ethic, a positive attitude, whatever it may be. Their target/mark would have done nothing to provoke it at all except to simply be who they are, it being the mental comfort their target has which fuels the **** stirrer, the bully. If they can't be happy, popular, successful, then nobody can.

Poxy's pretty face and sociopathic compunction to throw people under the bus lead to the career she has had.

I think Pallett never matured as you point out. She still has the emotional capacity, development and intelligence of that tween star and never matured into adulthood. Like a child, whenever she got into trouble she went running to her mother who knows how 'sensitive' she is. Interestingly, she never tried to manipulate the experienced crew. Nick, Kirstie, Hardeep et al were avoided on purpose. She zeroed in on the gullible types. Thankfully she also presumed Dan, a pretty level headed dude, was another gullible airhead but he had the maturity to smell a rat i.e. if Ryan had done as she claimed, he'd have been booted out immediately. With her gambit to remove Ryan having failed, she high tailed it out of there, crying victim as she went.

Ryan had something tangible that Poxy didn't have. That was why she was biding her time. She was always going to pounce on any perceived slight or insult and ruin him at an opportune moment. Like the other's she tormented, it was all calculated and planned but she carried it out with childish ignorance to the seriousness and dangerous repercussions her actions and accusations would cause. To put someone like that into any dynamic with mature adults inevitably leads to trouble. When there are no cameras around, she always got away with causing unnecessary trouble. The crocodile tears and manipulative lies from playing the victim with their gullible crew always works a treat. To put them into a warts and all reality TV show inevitably leads to their entrenched modus operandi getting completely exposed.

Sorry for getting all armchair psychologist but why these people are the way they are is intriguing. When even someone like Jermaine watches the footage and immediately goes "Is that it?" it just says it all for how ridiculous it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

I get Sally hates Hardeep but jesus she is on some mission to get everyone else to hate him. The majority of the time she is on camera she is going on about him.

Anyway, I'd like to see him get farther than her to piss her off. None of her "predictions" have come true regarding evictions.

#Hardeepisyourlove

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

neonsofa wrote: »
    Just, Emma <3

I always loved her hair and her interviewing technique

tenor.gif?itemid=6126235

Is Mr E still around? Gas how he hasn’t needed to smack any of our bottoms this year

200w.gif

valoren wrote: »
    Ryan had something tangible that Poxy didn't have. That was why she was biding her time until she was always going to pounce on any perceived slight or insult and ruin him.

Ryan was liked by everyone, and Roxanne wasn't - even though she was acting in a way she though would make people like her. Earlier in the day of the vicious assault(!) someone said "everyone loves Ryan". I genuinely suspect this is what prompted her to tarnish his crown as someone everyone loved. She thought she'd put in the work on a fake persona calculated to make her the one everyone loved, so she had to dethrone Ryan to get the attention and approval she felt was her due.

I'm always interested in body language, and I think that Roxannes slight build and small stature have been tools in drawing out the protective nature in people and make them more likely to believe her - at least at first. I'm small myself and I've experienced how it works. People tend to assume favorable things about my character, that I'm sweet and need looking after and all those stereotypes of little girls. I am, in fact, a thundering bitch :P

I saw in Ben and Dan the same tendency to believe the little girl isn't lying, is vulnerable and defenseless and needs to be looked after and protected. All of which she fostered with her helpless little sister act and chin-down childlike pose of hands anxiously clasped in front of her. When Ryan was apologizing to her she kept a tentative distance to look as though she was afraid to approach him. He had to reach out to her to shake hands, she didn't budge. It was a total act and power play. All of it calculated. It's not her first rodeo, that act has been honed and perfected for many years, but time is running out and it wasn't going to work forever.

I'm glad she's been exposed but so sorry at the price Ryan has had to pay in her outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

She’s a horrible cvnt Sally. Can’t abide by her or her evil ways.

Hardeep gets in my last nerve, in last nights shopping task telling them to spend less, they all worked for it, all he did through that task was complain and complain like a big baby, they deserved what ever they want, and one of them got a sick stomach from his cooking,
    He farts, snores and bitches all the time, Sally is sick of him, I don't blame her.
    Watching a grown man whine is not attractive

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is Mr E still around? Gas how he hasn’t needed to smack any of our bottoms this year

200w.gif

That's because everyone was united in hate of Poxy to cause trouble :P :pac:

200w.gif

Mutual disdain for Roxanne has brought us all closer together?

V true. Hate is the true unifier <3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

goat2 wrote: »
    Hardeep gets in my last nerve, in last nights shopping task telling them to spend less, they all worked for it, all he did through that task was complain and complain like a big baby, they deserved what ever they want, and one of them got a sick stomach from his cooking,
    He farts, snores and bitches all the time, Sally is sick of him, I don't blame her.
    Watching a grown man whine is not attractive
    The difference is, she's been at it from the start. If you look at my earlier posts where I mention it looks like she was influencing voting because she kept drip drip driping her poison to the other housemates. It all started from this:

wyrn wrote: »
    One thing I remembered from last night was Scammy Sally in the Diary Room saying that Hardeep shouldn't have shown his intelligence or knowledge and should have let the young ones feel like they won. This was after the Sally/Natalie/Hardeep chat about the US elections & Scotland. Natalie walked off and Hardeep didn't talk over her. Both of them were in agreement on explaining the electoral & popular vote in the US. It was Sally who didn't know.

I don't know if she was insulted that he was far more knowledgeable than her and able to list off facts & numbers. Or is something more sinister, she's trying to discredit him. I'm thinking it's both. Afterwards she's was bitching about him again to Roxxy. I think herself & Nutty Nat are setting him up for nominating by the constant character assassination.

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    Ryan was liked by everyone, and Roxanne wasn't - even though she was acting in a way she though would make people like her. Earlier in the day of the vicious assault(!) someone said "everyone loves Ryan". I genuinely suspect this is what prompted her to tarnish his crown as someone everyone loved. She thought she'd put in the work on a fake persona calculated to make her the one everyone loved, so she had to dethrone Ryan to get the attention and approval she felt was her due.

I'm always interested in body language, and I think that Roxannes slight build and small stature have been tools in drawing out the protective nature in people and make them more likely to believe her - at least at first. I'm small myself and I've experienced how it works. People tend to assume favorable things about my character, that I'm sweet and need looking after and all those stereotypes of little girls. I am, in fact, a thundering bitch :P

I saw in Ben and Dan the same tendency to believe the little girl isn't lying, is vulnerable and defenseless and needs to be looked after and protected. All of which she fostered with her helpless little sister act and chin-down childlike pose of hands anxiously clasped in front of her. When Ryan was apologizing to her she kept a tentative distance to look as though she was afraid to approach him. He had to reach out to her to shake hands, she didn't budge. It was a total act and power play. All of it calculated. It's not her first rodeo, that act has been honed and perfected for many years, but time is running out and it wasn't going to work forever.

I'm glad she's been exposed but so sorry at the price Ryan has had to pay in her outing.

The whole "assault" thing only came on after Ryan was voted by the public as one of the 2 hottest HMs. Added to the "everyone loves Ryan" comments from inside the house and she was convinced he was a major threat to win, and was dead set on destroying the competition by any means necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

BBFAN wrote: »
    That is the only way Roxy will ever work again is if she comes out and tells the complete truth that is that she lied to get Ryan kicked out.

that wouldn't help her. she would still be known as someone who is happy to lie to get what they want. i'm afraid she is highly likely finished no matter what she does now. there is unlikely to be any way back for her.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

valoren wrote: »
    Pallett must be a product of the UK equivalent of the Billy Barry schools of dance and performance. While the goal of these schools is to instill confidence in children, they run the risk of instilling a false, fake confidence in the children as well. They spend their childhood being told they are special, that they are stars. They get attention at every juncture and they effectively become intolerable little ****s. Old before their time. Now when the majority of the children who go through these schools grow up, they realize that they are not superstars, that blow to their ego becomes part of the maturation of their emotional development. Their self esteem is unaffected by that realization and they are perfectly ok with being normal.

Then there are the one's who never mature, the fully fledged narcissistic monsters with their put upon enablers fostering them completely at all times feeding their ego's. Remember those deluded 'singers' who would audition for the X factor yet hadn't a note in their head? Those are who I'm referring to. They audition, get rejected by the judges then they go back to their families who continue to inflate their ego's telling them they are better the Mariah bloody Carey, that the judges, industry experts, are wrong.

Deep down these people know they aren't special and it's this which drives them to bully others, manipulate, make false allegations typically towards those who threaten their narcissistic bubble. The entire point of making false statements etc is to discredit people who have what they do not have. Talent, respect, intelligence, beauty, whatever it may be. They would have done nothing to provoke it all except to simply be who they are, it's the mental comfort their target has which fuels the **** stirrer, the bully.

Poxy's pretty face and sociopathic compunction to throw people under the bus lead to the career she has had.

I think Pallett never matured as you point out. She still has the emotional capacity, development and intelligence of that tween star and never matured into adulthood. Like a child, whenever she got into trouble she went running to her mother who knows how 'sensitive' she is. Interestingly, she never tried to manipulate the experienced crew. Nick, Kirstie, Hardeep et al. She zeroed in on the gullible types. Thankfully she also presumed Dan, a pretty level headed dude, was another gullible airhead but he had the maturity to smell a rat i.e. if Ryan had done as she claimed, he'd have been booted out immediately. With her gambit to remove Ryan having failed, she high tailed it out of there, crying victim as she went.

Ryan had something tangible that Poxy didn't have. That was why she was biding her time. She was always going to pounce on any perceived slight or insult and ruin him. Like the other's she tormented, it was calculated and planned but carried out with the childish ignorance of the seriousness and repercussions her actions would cause. To put someone like that into any dynamic with mature adults inevitably leads to trouble. When there are no cameras around, she always got away with causing unnecessary trouble. Their crocodile tears and manipulative lies with their gullible crew always works. To put them into a warts and all reality TV show inevitably leads to their entrenched modus operandi getting completely exposed.

Sorry for getting all armchair psychologist but why these people are the way they are is intriguing. When even someone like Germaine watches the footage and immediately goes "Is that it?" it just says it all for how ridiculous it was.

fantastic post.

200w.gif

he is

We're united in hatred this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

cbb have well and truly chewed roxanne up and spat her out. though roxanne is guilty as fuuck, the cbb team dragged out the saga for days without showing the housemates the footage. thye gave ryan a warning when it felt convenient.

notice how they could have cut out the awkward silent bit at the end of her interview with emma where she takes out her mic, but they left it in. subtly showing emmas feelings on the whole saga.
    plus they showed a lot of anti roxy comments from the eviction crowd on bots.

wyrn wrote:
    The difference is, she's been at it from the start. If you look at my earlier posts where I mention it looks like she was influencing voting because she kept drip drip driping her poison to the other housemates. It all started from this:

She's hated him since he made a dick of her over the Scottish figures.

People on another forum are saying Sally is going to cost Ryan the win cause she's turning him into a bitch.

Even his brother said last night he was disappointed that Ryan nominated Hardeep.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I wasn't as impressed with Emma's interview as most seen to be. I think she asked some good questions but she allowed Roxanne away with swerving too many of them. Even Kirstie Alley didn't allow her do that.

When Roxanne said that Ryan really hurt her, Emma shouldn't have just "I'm not doubting that it hurt" as that then allowed Roxanne to constantly return to the nonsense position that Ryan hurt her and that she felt 'in the moment' it was deliberate'. Had Emma not said what she did and instead immediately challenged her at the very core of her lie, the lie that Ryan hurt her and that she was in pain all night in the spare room, then Roxanne would have had nowhere to go.

Also, I am very skeptical of why they chose a prerecorded interview and I believe it was in case Roxanne mentioned BB telling her that they had reviewed the footage and would be issuing Ryan with a formal warning and how it perhaps played a part in why she felt Ryan was lying and had purposefully hurt her. What could Emma have said to any mention of that formal warning from BB by Roxanne.

Yesterday Ryan's girlfriend gave an interview on the BBC and I feel she was excellent in it. She clearly feels that Channel 5 issuing that warning and allowing Roxy to sleep in the spare room after viewing the footage fueled this mess and I agree with her. Had they just told Roxanne that after viewing it it's clear to them Ryan meant no malice and so they won't be taking any action, then she would just had to take her spoiled little arse to bed and sucked it up.

You can watch that interview with Lucy on the BBC iPlayer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I agree that she shouldn't have said "I'm not doubting that it hurt" coz we all know it didn't hurt. But I don't know if she could've gotten away with saying we know it didn't hurt either. It seems you can't questions anyone's "feelings" in the current metoo climate, even if you can question their actions.

She could've though asked roxanne why, if she was so hurt and traumatised did she laugh and joke with him about it and then proceed to get dressed up and party with Ryan, happy out singing and dancing away.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 14,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

That's the one thing that was annoying me Pete. Roxanne kept returning to "in the moment she felt it was deliberate (and nobody can prove/disprove a feeling)" and how she now realises that she got it wrong, that it wasn't deliberate. But she was never asked was she actually physically in agony afterwards, like she claimed she was.

I didn't see the interview live, watched it after reading all the comments here, and I honestly didn't see what everyone is saying. Yes, she asked the questions that people wanted asked, but she let her away too easily with not actually answering them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement