Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2018 (3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Yeah there’s no way that it hurt, because if it did then why clutch the wrong side in the bedroom and why dance like a giddy aunt at a wedding a few hours later. If someone is hurt then they don’t forget where they’ve been hurt. Emma should have tackled her more on that and shown her clutching the opposite side

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You f*cks better not start turning against Emma now, I mean it. Ungrateful so and so's...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Omackeral wrote: »
    You f*cks better not start turning against Emma now, I mean it. Ungrateful so and so's...

I know, that didn't take long did it? We're so fickle! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

I think Emma did the best she could do last night . She has to remain impartial . Roxanne would probably have cause to complain if she insinuated anything against her . But by God did Emma make her true feelings known by the look of disdain on her face .

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 14,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Sorry Mack, I was never really converted towards her in the first place. She's easy on the eye (.. and I'm a straight woman!!), but her voice grates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

...she asked the questions that people wanted asked, but she let her away too easily with not actually answering them.

Precisely, and a good example of that was when Emma asked a question which someone had tweeted in regarding ex-cast mates saying they have had similar experiences of her, Emma allowed her just to reply to that by saying "That's devastating, nobody wants to hear that" but surely a follow up question of "But is it true?" was needed there. It's what Kirstie Alley would have done.

Doubt we'll ever see it but would love to see an unedited version of the interview.

• Administrators Posts: 14,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I think Emma did the best she could do last night . She has to remain impartial . Roxanne would probably have cause to complain if she insinuated anything against her

Asking her was she really in agony wouldn't he insinuating anything, it would simply be as direct a question as asking her if she really believed her own story.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I though Emma was great . Her withering disapproval said it all . Well done Emma

Sorry Mack, I was never really converted towards her in the first place. She's easy on the eye (.. and I'm a straight woman!!), but her voice grates me.

She gets a pass for the screeching for the rest of the season based off last night I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I though Emma was great . Her withering disapproval said it all . Well done Emma

She was perfect as always. And so beautiful.

Precisely, and a good example of that was when Emma asked a question which someone had tweeted in regarding ex-cast mates saying they have had similar experiences of her, Emma allowed her just to reply to that by saying "That's devastating, nobody wants to hear that" but surely a follow up question of "But is it true?" was needed there. It's what Kirstie Alley would have done.

Doubt we'll ever see it but would love to see an unedited version of the interview.

I think you just invented the Kirstie Alley test. In future, when it doubt about any course of action, ask yourself: What Would Kirstie Alley Do?

Kirstie would have pinned her down and flogged her with her own lies, but overall the interview was much better than the whitewash I was expecting. I fully expected terms like 'learning experience' or 'character building' to be employed. The ending was the best bit though, I could feel Emmas contempt from here.

Asking her was she really in agony wouldn't he insinuating anything, it would simply be as direct a question as asking her if she really believed her own story.

If she had asked that question I think we all know Roxanne's answer would have been along the lines of "yes at the time I was in agony , at the time that's how I felt , I realise now I wasnt " .

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Exactly. Some people wouldn't be happy unless she actually kicked Roxanne directly into her ladygarden. She exceeded expectations I thought. Perfectly handled it and her non verbals were a phenomenal source of derogatory communication.

Emma got the balance perfectly. Hit that Goldilocks territory. Any softer, fans would be saying she wasn't hard enough. Any harsher, Roxanne's people would insinuate bullying behaviour on tv. What she did was just right.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Exactly. Some people wouldn't be happy unless she actually kicked Roxanne directly into her ladygarden. She exceeded expectations I thought. Perfectly handled it and her non verbals were a phenomenal source of derogatory communication.

Plus Emma is not Jeremy Paxton , she is a light entertainment presenter . I thought she did a super job of the right amount of disdain and barely hidden abhorrence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

If she had asked that question I think we all know Roxanne's answer would have been along the lines of "yes at the time I was in agony , at the time that's how I felt , I realise now I wasnt "  .
    She sat down with a team before the two interviews and obviously went over it. She never changed her answers in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

That's the one thing that was annoying me Pete. Roxanne kept returning to "in the moment she felt it was deliberate (and nobody can prove/disprove a feeling)" and how she now realises that she got it wrong, that it wasn't deliberate. But she was never asked was she actually physically in agony afterwards, like she claimed she was.

I didn't see the interview live, watched it after reading all the comments here, and I honestly didn't see what everyone is saying. Yes, she asked the questions that people wanted asked, but she let her away too easily with not actually answering them.
    I think the issue is to do with relativity and perception.

Emma is notorious for giving soft interviews. It's been said many times that even Rylan is a better interviewer than her. I personally praised her because for once she didn't hold back. Could she have gone harder, most definitely.

EDIT: I also don't think BB would have wanted to be too harsh on her because I think they are culpable for this mess too. They actions exasperated the drama.

Emma's interview compared to Jeremy Vines was far more heavy hitting. Jeremy and the panel handled her with kid gloves. Only Jamelia challenged her. If Jeremy hadn't given her such an easy ride, and if Roxy hadn't given the same exact answers, then Emma's interview wouldn't have had the same impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

neonsofa wrote: »
    She was perfect as always. And so beautiful.

And had great hair, contrary to most opinions stating otherwise :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭valoren

Emma got the balance perfectly. Hit that Goldilocks territory. Any softer, fans would be saying she wasn't hard enough. Any harsher, Roxanne's people would insinuate bullying behaviour on tv. What she did was just right.

There's the rub. If she was any harsher than she was then her enablers would cry bullying and harrassment. The frustrating and infuriating part being that the reason Willis needed to be harsh at all was because of the ****ing twerp they're defending. :pac:

• Advertisement

Taytoland wrote:
    She sat down with a team before the two interviews and obviously went over it. She never changed her answers in any way.

She didn't . It's obviously scripted and she has been advised to stick to that script .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

And had great hair, contrary to most opinions stating otherwise :p:D

Me and you bbz, from day 1, we always loved her when others wouldn't. Don't think it's gone unnoticed <3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Taytoland wrote:

She didn't . It's obviously scripted and she has been advised to stick to that script .
    Yeah and she never actually said I am sorry did she? Just the whole wording of what she said was odd and like something a lawyer would use. It's almost as if she was apologizing for the situation, not saying sorry to Ryan personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

wyrn wrote: »
    The difference is, she's been at it from the start. If you look at my earlier posts where I mention it looks like she was influencing voting because she kept drip drip driping her poison to the other housemates. It all started from this:

Couldn't agree more, also last night she practically said to Hardeep that Big Brother must be editing him that's why he is still in. Harsh!

If she had asked that question I think we all know Roxanne's answer would have been along the lines of "yes at the time I was in agony , at the time that's how I felt , I realise now I wasnt " .

Well, that would be excellent if she said that as then Emma (or any interviewer) could just say that if she realizes now that she wasn't in pain that night, then that's admitting that Ryan never hurt her at all..... which is something she so far hasn't done.

One things for sure, until she admits that Ryan did not hurt her, either deliberately or accidentally, then I can't see her ever working again. She's renowned for setting up fake pap pics on holidays abroad though so no doubt she'll continue to make a few quid that way. She won't starve anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Somehow I think every question that Emma asked last night had been checked then double checked by BB's legal team to make sure there was not one thing that Roxanne could say was victim blaming or leave them open to a possible law suit , I doubt Emma had much control over what she could/couldn't say to be honest .

Which is where her whole demeanour came into it's own , from how she was dressed , lack of make up and that brilliant visage of unbridled disdain and contempt, a class of it's own .

She was asked in both interviews, if I can paraphrase, what she was going to do to make sure she doesn't repeat the 'mistake'. I think in the Vine interview that Jamelia asked if she was going to get help and the answer was the same as she gave Emma to a similar question - I'm going to work on myself and figure things out or somesuch similar nonsense. In other words, no. There's nothing wrong with me and I'm not getting help.

Which underlines her thinking that other people caused the situation and she 'just overreacted'. Ryan 'hurt' her and her terrible sensitivity blew it out of proportion and made her call him a liar and an abuser. In other words the situation is a consequence of Ryans actions, not hers.

wyrn wrote: »
    Emma's interview compared to Jeremy Vines was far more heavy hitting. Jeremy and the panel handled her with kid gloves. Only Jamelia challenged her. If Jeremy hadn't given her such an easy ride, and if Roxy hadn't given the same exact answers, then Emma's interview wouldn't have had the same impact.

Yeah, well said.

What I would like to see from BB now is them to show all the housemates the footage and tell Ryan that they are withdrawing the formal warning. They issued it on the highlights show and so they should be seen to withdrawing it in the same manner. That's what his partner has requested and I think they should take heed of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Anyone with anything negative or non gushing towards our Emma should face an immediate ban, and more importantly get last pick at the orgy.

Yep, that’s right, you get stuck in the room with Derek, the poodles and she who shall not be named.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

BBFAN wrote: »

Even his brother said last night he was disappointed that Ryan nominated Hardeep.

To be fair I understood Scott saying that because Hardeep stood up for him but while he may be a nice person he's a horrible housemate to live with so I can understand why Ryan nominated him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement