Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2018 (3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Saw this on Twitter about Dan. Scumbag.

Scumbag is right.
    And here I thought you wouldn’t get lower than the quotes from Jermaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Thing I never got about HMs saying something non-pc, is why do BB air it? I mean if its offending anyone watching arent BB as much to blame for airing it, its not live. Sure they have a disclaimer but isnt all about publicity for BB at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Kolido wrote: »
    Thing I never got about HMs saying something non-pc, is why do BB air it? I mean if its offending anyone watching arent BB as much to blame for airing it, its not live. Sure they have a disclaimer but isnt all about publicity for BB at the end of the day.

They kind of have to. Sure what if another of the housemate's mentioned it a few days later, and it blew up in an argument. People would lose their minds then on BB sensoring selectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,933 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Scumbag is right.
    And here I thought you wouldn’t get lower than the quotes from Jermaine.

So the quotes from the book were said by Jermaine Harleen ?
    I'm still sort of confused as to who is who , but ffs both of them are lower than low in my eyes .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

neonsofa wrote: »
    It's like the masks they wear in the purge films.
    I love him though, he's fun.

Although what he said wasn't cool. But my new phrase now is I'm very hangovered. I will be able to use it very often.

He’s like an actor in team America!

IEI.gif

Edit: actually he’s nothing like them now that I see the gif

Never mind!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Rfrip wrote: »
    He’s like an actor in team America!

IEI.gif

I love that movie, it's like top 5 all time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

skipper_G wrote: »
    I love that movie, it's like top 5 all time

Me too! I must rewatch...havnt seen it in yonks!

They kind of have to. Sure what if another of the housemate's mentioned it a few days later, and it blew up in an argument. People would lose their minds then on BB sensoring selectively.

I dont mean sweep it under the carpet completely, could have sensored the word and showed the diary room warning. Rodi said it to 3 people, not condoning it, but bb aired it to potentially the whole world.

I get what you're saying also JP just something that bothered me over the years on issues like this, wondered what others thought.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    So the quotes from the book were said by Jermaine Harleen ?
    I'm still sort of confused as to who is who , but ffs both of them are lower than low in my eyes .

Yeah, I think retro:electro posted them a few pages back from Jermaine’s book.

They are both absolutely vile, Mam.
    I wonder how much BB are paying these lowlifes to grace our screens?

Hopefully they play a game where they read out some of those quotes from both bell ends :)

• Advertisement

I wish they would read out some of our posts to them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Lots on Twitter comparing Emily Parr use of the 'N-word' to Ken saying it but the difference there was Emily actually said it to a housemate.

Still and all, he got off quite light, I would have put money on him being removed, especially after housemates like Biggins were for what I feel was almost nothing in comparison.

i would agree, he got lucky. i'm okay with how they handled it though. a warning is fair enough. they handled the incident with emily badly though. kicking her out at 3 in the morning was ridiculous. they should have left it until morning time if they felt they had to throw her out. in fact, she should have only got a warning. i know they supposibly had to "show how they took racism seriously" after cbb 2007 but that was not the way to do it, if that was their aim (which personally i don't believe it was) it went in the complete opposite direction IMO. it was the same with biggins. a warning would have sufficed.

oh absolutely, bb are to blame for airing it. it's about publicity though, and showing the complaining element of the viewing public how they take these things seriously.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Hate Piers so bloody much, but he has her here. She's fair dodgy but maybe just a bit thick and trying to make as much money out of a bizarre situation.

I must be one of the only people on the planet who likes Piers Morgan! He'd be a great housemate imo.

Chloe is so emotionless about everything, it's creepy. Wish someone would kidnap me and take me shopping!

Jesus H Christ MelanieC

Skidmark, Piers, you've the worst taste in men.

PM sent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I wish they would read out some of our posts to them :D

How do you read a gif though?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I have watched that Emily video and for the life of me I can't work out what she is saying .But if she called someone a N word then in my opinion its a bit different to Roderico saying he likes n boys ?
    Maybe I am getting it all wrong so feel free to correct me

• Registered Users Posts: 21,933 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Yeah, I think retro:electro posted them a few pages back from Jermaine’s book.

They are both absolutely vile, Mam.
    I wonder how much BB are paying these lowlifes to grace our screens?

If it was anywhere else instead of the BB house , both men would be crucified for their actions , instead of being viewed as heroes and great Celebrities .

Jesus H Christ MelanieC

Skidmark, Piers, you've the worst taste in men.

PM sent :pac:

Lol, I'll tell my hubby you think so! :)

I like that Piers Morgan knows his own mind and says what he thinks whether people agree or not. The world's gone a bit pc crazy imo.

MelanieC wrote: »

I like that Piers Morgan knows his own mind and says what he thinks whether people agree or not. The world's gone a bit pc crazy imo.

I think he's a total and utter pr!ck. Marginally above Katie Hopkins in the race to be the biggest troll, who's most fond of the sound of their own voice, while staying true to the cvnt tag associated with them.

But yeah, he's not afraid of the PC police at least. Small mercies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I was with you on the Andrew one, but Piers Morgan...! He's like Katie Hopkins, he just says whatever controversial **** comes into his head,I don't think it's even his own opinion the majority of the time.

I'm sure your husband is lovely though :pac:

• Advertisement

Great minds JP!

If it was anywhere else instead of the BB house , both men would be crucified for their actions , instead of being viewed as heroes and great Celebrities .

Was it last year CBB was year of the woman?! :D

Quickly forgotten!

#meToo

I was with you on the Andrew one, but Piers Morgan...! He's like Katie Hopkins, he just says whatever controversial **** comes into his head,I don't think it's even his own opinion the majority of the time.

I'm sure your husband is lovely though :pac:

Em.... I also like Katie Hopkins.

I'll hand my clique card in at the door.... :(

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'll hand my clique card in at the door.... :(

Now I'm doubting how lovely your husband is :pac:

If it’s mentioned at all to them, the epic journey to reform their character spiel will be brought out :rolleyes:

Never thought I’d see the day I’d miss all the refined Geordie Shore HM’s :p:D

I was gonna post a pic of a certain person from a certain war from a certain European country but the last time I used his lovely image I got a warning cos I offended a certain......thread watcher :pac:

So yeah, MelanieC, you have been evicted, please leave the clique by way of falling down the stairs...

8ekb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

giphy.gif

Where did you get that gif of Rodrigo puking?!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I have watched that Emily video and for the life of me I can't work out what she is saying .But if she called someone a N word then in my opinion its a bit different to Roderico saying he likes n boys ?
    Maybe I am getting it all wrong so feel free to correct me

no you are right, it is a bit different. however i believe that a warning should always be the first step so that people are given a chance to learn a lesson. if they do it again, then fair enough if they get removed, all though i'm not sure removal should be the punishment for using a word anyway.
    why people were against emily's removal was because they felt that she wasn't intending to be derogatory toards charlie. at that moment, charlie seemed to be okay over the issue, she was aware what emily meant and wanted it forgotten. charlie did milk it later on though. there was no dispute that emily shouldn't have said it though.
    also the other issue was how she was removed late night/early morning rather then the morning time. people felt things went in the complete opposite direction, and that removal was not a proportionate or fair responce. essentially they felt the producers went over-board to try and make up for not dealing with jade and friends behaviour the previous year.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

Nah, he's with ye, doesn't understand how I like any of these people! He's got his own personal love affair with The Rock going on though so he can't talk.... ;)

I just admire people who have the balls to go against pretty much everyone else in the world on something if they disagree. It's much easier to be a sheep and hop on a bandwagon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement