Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains fencer question

Options
  • 17-07-2018 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Evening,
    I have a mains fencer in the shed, two shielded cables to run it outside. One of these is connected to the earth rod. The problem is I don't know which one in earthed and which is for the fence

Is it a major issue to mix them up or to test either or with a fence tester? Am just thinking that the fence could also be earthng against something so you could have 2 earths...

Anyone any ideas or suggestions before I've to get a sparky out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Blowheads wrote: »
    Evening,
    I have a mains fencer in the shed, two shielded cables to run it outside. One of these is connected to the earth rod. The problem is I don't know which one in earthed and which is for the fence

Is it a major issue to mix them up or to test either or with a fence tester? Am just thinking that the fence could also be earthng against something so you could have 2 earths...

Anyone any ideas or suggestions before I've to get a sparky out?

Thanks

Found the solution, thanks

Advertisement