Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conversion to granny flat cost

Options
  • 17-07-2018 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me with a rough cost estimate to convert a playschool into a granny flat?
    My parents converted and extended (with fpp) their garage into a playschool about 25 years ago. My mam has now retired from the playschool and we are looking into converting the space into a granny flat with a kitchen/living area, separate bedroom and shower room for her and my dad. I just want a rough idea on how much it would potentially cost before we contact any builders and find out it’s completely out of our budget!!

It’s approx 50sq meters with concrete walls. There is already a utility room and separate toilet in it so the plumbing and electricity is already there, the space just needs to be changed around and properly insulated. There are also windows at the front and back and in the utility room and toilet room.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

M2 floor area and existing wall construction would be handy

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deebee08

[Snip]

Hi, my parents garage is already converted and extended into a playschool, roughly 500sq foot with a toilet room and utility room. Would you be able to convert this into a 2 bed apartment? There would be a need to move around internal walls and plumbing too possibly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

deebee08 wrote: »
    [Snip]

Hi, my parents garage is already converted and extended into a playschool, roughly 500sq foot with a toilet room and utility room. Would you be able to convert this into a 2 bed apartment? There would be a need to move around internal walls and plumbing too possibly.

Did you get your planning sorted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

Hi I'm wondering can anyone help me I thinking of building a log cabin or a granny flat at the end of my garden to rent out has anyone eles done this and if do what route did you go .

Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Abbey127 wrote: »
    Hi I'm wondering can anyone help me I thinking of building a log cabin or a granny flat at the end of my garden to rent out has anyone eles done this and if do what route did you go .

Thanks in advance
    Planning required

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Abbey127 wrote: »

Thanks in advance

Don’t bother starting. You won’t get planning to live in a log cabin or any other structure at the end of your garden.

Advertisement