Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Revision Books

Options
  • 17-07-2018 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Any recommendations on revision books for subjects below (all at HL):-

-Biology
    -Chemistry
    -Business
    -Home Ec
    -English
    -French
    -Maths

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lildaisy

-Biology
    -Chemistry
    -Business
    -Home Ec
    -English
    -French
    -Maths

From doing chemistry myself this June a lot of my classmates and myself have found that not any one revise book is actually good for it. If it's not in revise wise it might be in less stress if it's not in less stress it might be in essentials unfolded. ("It" being the answer)

I found for myself that revise wise was great and essentials unfolded was good for me. Have a flick through them in a shop if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LLAMAMILK

-Biology
    -Chemistry
    -Business
    -Home Ec
    -English
    -French
    -Maths

I have to say the same as the person previous. Definitely for business use a combination of less stress and revise wise as they cover different things better than each other.

For home ec, I think reviee wise covers question 3 and the core units(protein , fat , carbs etc ) really well but it does miss some small chapters like labelling etc. I'd use Less stress as well but it is quite poor on its own. For home ec, you need to refer to the book because they can ask ANYTHING!

For English, English Extra and Key Skills are brilliant for both papers and have exam approach techniques and sample answers! Key notes is great for poetry and covers the main single texts.

For French, I wouldn't use a revision book because it is broad enough. Do plenty of papers, avail of notes from essential French and French notes.ie The 2013 oral French book with a green cover is great for the oral.

For Maths, John Brennan's maths solutions which is available at Easons had fully laid out answers to exam questions from different topics. It's 25 euro but well worth the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

If you are using the Chemistry Live textbook, then the Chemistry Live revision book is Really GOOD in my opinion.

Out of all the less stress more success and revise wise books i had for each subject (complete waste of money!!), this Chemistry book is the only one I found helpful and actually used! Highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kittychan

-Biology
    -Chemistry
    -Business
    -Home Ec
    -English
    -French
    -Maths

Revise vise for biology is amazing. IDK about physics and chemistry as I studied from the book only:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dublad2k15

-Biology
    -Chemistry
    -Business
    -Home Ec
    -English
    -French
    -Maths

I recommend getting a copy of Biology for Dummies as it explains everything well

• Advertisement
Advertisement