Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonable GP

Options
  • 17-07-2018 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, anyone know where i can get seen to by a GP in either city centre or near Ashtown? Someone who is competent and doesnt cost an arm and a leg would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

SCR Surgery (slightly away from city centre mind you) is the cheapest one I know of and have visited on one occasion. €40 for a consultation.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I am also looking for one in the same area where you dont need to book your appointment 10 days in advance or being told to go to A&E for penicillin for tonsillitis :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you want a GP that you don't need to book massively in advance for routine visits, you need to find one without any medical card patients and realistically one that charges 60+ a visit. GMS GPs are out the door, cheaper GPs are out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

If you're with Laya they have an online GP service which is (I think..) around 40e and they'll fax a prescription out to a chemist for you. The other insurers might have something similar.

Advertisement