Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen bike please read

Options
  • 17-07-2018 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi
    My bike got stolen from stepaside sandyford area.
    Will you keep an eye out?

Thanks
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Sorry to hear about your bike. Scumbags everywhere. Have you tried local shops/pub for cctv? Gaurds always very slow to bother.

Hope you find it. Lovely bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

If youre on facebook try posting to stolen/recovered Ireland page and ask them to share.

Hope it turns up ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

Thanks, yeah genuinely sad about it. Put a lot of effort and money into it. Ragin
    Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

Yeah that's a very active page. Will do thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen.
    Very few of those R45's about now.
    Not many sold due to being very underpowered apparently.
    What was it like to ride?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sorry to hear that, love those old bmw's. I would not have thought they would be a typical target for scum. Where was it when it got taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Zascar wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, love those old bmw's. I would not have thought they would be a typical target for scum. Where was it when it got taken?

There's a bit of a market for the parts these days. Likely stolen to order rather than rally around a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Jonnhyuu wrote: »
    SNIP.

Well done to you if that is his bike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Should we all arrange a time to meet there at? Will pitchforks or baseball bats be the order of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bertaluchi

Zebbedee wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen.
    Very few of those R45's about now.
    Not many sold due to being very underpowered apparently.
    What was it like to ride?

Yep, it was underpowered but it was perfect for what I wanted it to do, and that was just to take it for the odd ride at the weekend.
    D'ya know what... it handled lovely. It was really well balanced, was great on the twisties, yeah it wasn't fast but that was only a very tiny drawback (the r65 is the better engine).

• Advertisement

It was in a basement carpark of an apartment. They scummers must have waited for someone to come home and then just followed them into the carpark.

It was sitting beside a cool off/on road bike and so that's probably what they were looking for and then took mine while they were at it.
    Ragin' I am.
    Ta

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sucks, I feel for you man I had a bike stolen too in the same way. Gutted. Hope you get it back. I only jus saw the deleted post with the address etc, was that a wind up?

Sucks, I feel for you man I had a bike stolen too in the same way. Gutted. Hope you get it back. I only jus saw the deleted post with the address etc, was that a wind up?

I didn't see that! I just saw the comment with the word SNIP but had no idea what it was

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

he was a new account and had other posts in a PSNI thread and he has since been banned and those posts deleted

so pretty safe to say he was a troll

Good luck getting your bike back

Thanks for the address everybody. I rang the guards and it was a troll for sure. Thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Why were you ringing the guards about somebody else's bike :rolleyes:

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Odelay

Why were you ringing the guards about somebody else's bike :rolleyes:

Lol!

Yeah, I actually have 2 profiles. I can't remember why (think i couldn't log in or something). I tried to reset the password but I can only reset one of the profiles. Anyways... it's still me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Goose81

bertaluchi wrote: »
    It was in a basement carpark of an apartment. They scummers must have waited for someone to come home and then just followed them into the carpark.

It was sitting beside a cool off/on road bike and so that's probably what they were looking for and then took mine while they were at it.
    Ragin' I am.
    Ta

Not Parkview in Bellarmine by any chance?

Goose81 wrote: »
    Not Parkview in Bellarmine by any chance?

Nah, it's about 900 meters down the road though :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement