Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to buy German mett in Ireland?

• 18-07-2018 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

My parents are German and I grew up in Ireland. I absolutely love mett pork as you can eat it raw with onions on bread. There used to be a Lithuanian shop down the country where they live that would get in a few mett sausages now and again but they’ve stopped, and never mind how many Eastern European shops I’ve explored in Dublin I haven’t been able to find any mett.

Does anyone know of a place? Doesn’t have to be Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,127 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm afraid I cant help you, OP.

Raw, uncured, minced pork? What could possibly go wrong???:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I'm afraid I cant help you, OP.

Raw, uncured, minced pork? What could possibly go wrong???:eek:

I think mett is usually cured, isn't it? It's been a long time, I can't remember too well.

Sorry, OP, I've no idea where you might get that in Ireland. There's this place online, but thy're in the UK and from what I can tell charge an arm and a leg to deliver to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I used fo eat Mett and Tatar as a child, often with a raw egg on top.
    But the meat was always freshly minced by the local butcher and eaten within the hour.
    Mettwurst doesn't contain raw meat and differs from region to region. In the south of Germany it's generally a spreadable sausage in the North it tends to be more like a fatty salami.
    I'd say your best option would be to make it yourself.

https://www.daskochrezept.de/rezepte/zwiebelmett_225923.html

Advertisement