Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You might want to hold off on buying a new i9 Macbook Pro.

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Have to disagree there.

Windows 8 was a mistake from a UI perspective
    Worse than that.

The user rejection of Windows 8 was completely predictable because it had already happened.

They just repeated the mistake of Ubuntu's Desktop Remix.

Microsoft somehow missed the bit where the users of the third most popular computer operating system , after Windows and OSX, went completely batsh*t over the UI change. And most of the long term users jumped ship rather than use that ***ed up ***** ever again.

Shame on you Micosoft for being completely incompetant by either not listening or not caring :mad:

There's two different aspects to Macbooks. Hardware and Software.

Once Apple went Intel the Hardware is no longer special.

Search the interwebs for hackintosh. (naughty) You can get OSX running on a PC / laptop. The only trick is doing a bit of research on on compatibility because there so many PC's/ laptops to choose from. Stick to a decent machine without any fancy hardware and you'll get similar build quality for a lot less.

Note
    I'm still a little upset becuse I couldn't upgrade my CPU for a sensible price because the one just a little faster than the one I got was a daft price on the internet only because it can be stuck in a Macbook. Turbo speed was the same, base speed was 4% faster. Mac users have money to burn :rolleyes:

Why would you want to run superior software on inferior hardware? Using a pc touchpad is like trying to type with a oven glove compared to using a Mac touch pad.

I don’t care how much a MacBook costs I just could not go back to a windows machine now as I said my work laptop sits in the drawer and I use my personal MacBook for work as it’s just so so much better and nicer to use.

Do windows users realise how unbelievable the search function is on Mac for example compared
    to how horrifically useless it is on windows?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Do windows users realise how unbelievable the search function is on Mac for example compared
    to how horrifically useless it is on windows?
    That's a software feature nothing to do with hardware.

But yeah, today's windows search is fupping useless, it was better on Windows NT 4.0 over 20 years ago :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Chewbacca wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

30 thanks
    Damn you, GDPR!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

FYI Apple have released a fix for the throttling issue with the i9 MBP:
    Following extensive performance testing under numerous workloads, we’ve identified that there is a missing digital key in the firmware that impacts the thermal management system and could drive clock speeds down under heavy thermal loads on the new MacBook Pro. A bug fix is included in today’s macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Supplemental Update and is recommended. We apologize to any customer who has experienced less than optimal performance on their new systems. Customers can expect the new 15-inch MacBook Pro to be up to 70% faster, and the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar to be up to 2X faster, as shown in the performance results on our website.

There's also a Mac forum where this is being discussed:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107605574#post107605574

Advertisement