Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Tour 2018 stage 11: Albertville > La Rosière 108,5 km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Froome loves iconic wins like on the ventoux so no way he gonna hold back on the alpe dhuez.. Movistar were a real disappointment. They should attack like nuts tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

People keep saying they should, but what if they just cant? Valverde showed his age today, his attack of the front blew a gasket and he went backwards. Quintana did next to nothing but follow wheels, and landa went backwards quickly now hes out of the sky loop. Hes still the highest movistar on gc though, besides his crashes and travails.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Will be interesting to see who Sky back after tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

With a team of "extraterrestrials", is this not a master stroke by Brailsford?
    Keep GT in yellow, so he can be front of house and deal with the press etc., Froome has a free pass to claw back time until the penultimate stage (ITT), where he wipes the floor and takes the jersey into Paris?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Today saw the demise of the GC hopes of so many good riders with a few GT podiums between them
    Uran,Mollema, Fuglsang, Majka , Zakarin,Valerde & Yates

From big teams where these riders who have based their whole season around this race

And what was left didnt look liked they can bring anything to SKY

Only 2 riders who could possibly do something are Dumolin & Martin but Dumoulin has a hard Giro in his legs and will pay for this and Dan has had a crash and his team are pants

And Froome today looked like he was holding himself back...this is a man who has won the last 3 GTs in a row and never seems to get tired ....
    Its disheartening for the race and must be for the other GC riders
    Froome really is from another planet in compariosn to them all

Plus he will wait and eventually take the jersey from Geraint , if Thomes does not crash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

How much easier and more pleasant would my life be if I could just be a Sky fan, drive a diesel and not care how much I weighed. :(

There's rumblings of Froome doing the Vuelta now too ffs :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Wouldn't you too knowing you can get away with blatant cheating and face no consequences.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

mloc123 wrote: »
    Only Sky/British riders are under suspicion don't you know, no Irish riders would be up to any of that messing.. :rolleyes:

Edit: I really dislike Froome/Sky... nobody believes the marginal gains BS. But you cannot be skeptical of one team/rider and blindly cheer on another who matches their performance just because they race under an Irish flag.

thanks C, at least someone is saying it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Please read the charter. No doping speculation please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Good warmup before he destroys everyone by 7 mins at the world championships!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

MPFGLB wrote: »

Only 2 riders who could possibly do something are Dumolin & Martin but Dumoulin has a hard Giro in his legs and will pay for this and Dan has had a crash and his team are pants
    Dan has fared well out of riding the Sky train in recent years (due to lack of a decent team), means he's unlikely to put time into Froome or Thomas but has a good chance of getting 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rappid

Montee de Bisanne (HC climb), 150m before the top :)

breakaway
    second group
    Peter Sagan
    Peloton

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Mark Cavendish finished today's stage over an hour down on the winner.

*Pedantic Pat alert*

Cav finished ahead of Kittel.
    Kittel was the last to finish, 43 minutes after Thomas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

*Pedantic Pat alert*

Cav finished ahead of Kittel.
    Kittel was the last to finish, 43 minutes after Thomas.

Yeah, I was wondering about that, but look at the video in this Sticky Bottle link.
    Stop the video as Cav. is crossing the line and you will see the clock above the finishing line showing +1.05.36

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/kittel-cavendish-outside-tour-time-limit/

Yeah, I was wondering about that, but look at the video in this Sticky Bottle link.
    Stop the video as Cav. is crossing the line and you will see the clock above the finishing line showing +1.05.36

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/kittel-cavendish-outside-tour-time-limit/

Jaysus you're right. It says 1 hour 5 minutes.

WTF :confused:

I'm intrigued...

700-CORVOS_00029810-250.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Weren't both Cavendish and Kittel eliminated yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Shoco83

Izoard wrote: »
    With a team of "extraterrestrials", is this not a master stroke by Brailsford?
    Keep GT in yellow, so he can be front of house and deal with the press etc., Froome has a free pass to claw back time until the penultimate stage (ITT), where he wipes the floor and takes the jersey into Paris?

Tend to agree with this, much less hassle for the team to deal with with Froome not in yellow but close enough that he can take when he wants.

If he keeps close to Thomas (assuming he lasts the 3 weeks) then he can take yellow in the ITT without having to attack him at all.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

While a bit of intra-team drama would be entertaining, I'd say it'll work itself out without Froome having to shaft Thomas. Thomas is strong but he's never really looked like someone who could be consistent for a whole three weeks. He's more of a one week guy when it comes to stage racing.

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Weren't both Cavendish and Kittel eliminated yesterday?

They were, along with Renshaw.

But Eamonnator and I are bit confused about when they crossed the line. Seemingly Kittel was last rider, 43 minutes behind Thomas. But videos and photos show that Cav was 1 hour 5 minutes behind Thomas. I'm sure there is a simple explanation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Shoco83 wrote: »
    Tend to agree with this, much less hassle for the team to deal with with Froome not in yellow but close enough that he can take when he wants.

If he keeps close to Thomas (assuming he lasts the 3 weeks) then he can take yellow in the ITT without having to attack him at all.

Thomas is too strong in time trials for Froome to leave it till then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Uran has abandoned

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

They were, along with Renshaw.

But Eamonnator and I are bit confused about when they crossed the line. Seemingly Kittel was last rider, 43 minutes behind Thomas. But videos and photos show that Cav was 1 hour 5 minutes behind Thomas. I'm sure there is a simple explanation.

He went back to give Kittel some Head n Shoulders?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there is. he was so banjaxed, it took him over 20 minutes to get from the finish line to where he was when that photo was taken.

^^^ :D

On a serious note, I'd like this conundrum to be solved

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what i want to know is; in that photo above you posted, what is the woman on the far left doing. 'whoah, a cyclist? i didn't expect that!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I think Sky are all behind Froome. Having two guys up there just makes so much more difficult to breakdown.

^^^ :D

On a serious note, I'd like this conundrum to be solved

:pac:

Was Kittel 45 minutes behind the winner or 45 minutes outside the time limit?

Was Kittel 45 minutes behind the winner or 45 minutes outside the time limit?

43 minutes behind the winner

• Advertisement

43 minutes behind the winner

Its like The Blessed Trinity, it's a mystery.

Advertisement