Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EIR SPORTS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Samson1 wrote: »
    So who has the Italian football next season ??

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057868095

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jazthedribbler

The Cush wrote: »
    Sky box and card only required - https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/

I'm not with Sky or Eir but have resurrected an old Sky+HD box, connected the 2 Satellite cables at the back of the box and connected the box to my VM Wifi. All good so far. Problem is I think because the Sky box has been turned off for a year the viewing card is not paired with the Sky box so don't see even the basic channels. I've typed in my Sky Viewing Card Number into the Eir Sport monthly subscription site and the number is accepted.

Anyone have any advice to get the box up and running without a Sky subscription to allow me to avail of the 1 euro offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tommyboy87

I'm not with Sky or Eir but have resurrected an old Sky+HD box, connected the 2 Satellite cables at the back of the box and connected the box to my VM Wifi. All good so far. Problem is I think because the Sky box has been turned off for a year the viewing card is not paired with the Sky box so don't see even the basic channels. I've typed in my Sky Viewing Card Number into the Eir Sport monthly subscription site and the number is accepted.

Anyone have any advice to get the box up and running without a Sky subscription to allow me to avail of the 1 euro offer?

Here is a link to pair your Sky box with your Sky Viewing Card.

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-viewing-card/activate-your-viewing-card-online

Not sure if it will work for you but worth a try.

Tommyboy87 wrote: »
    Here is a link to pair your Sky box with your Sky Viewing Card.

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-viewing-card/activate-your-viewing-card-online

Not sure if it will work for you but worth a try.

Thanks TommyBoy87,

I have a SkyID and I get to step 3 of Activate your viewing card online but on clicking the activatemychannels.sky.com link it redirects to the Join Sky TV today page. So unless there is a workaround I'm not sure that I can pair my viewing card with the Sky+HD box without a subscription. Bummer. :(

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Thanks TommyBoy87,

I have a SkyID and I get to step 3 of Activate your viewing card online but on clicking the activatemychannels.sky.com link it redirects to the Join Sky TV today page. So unless there is a workaround I'm not sure that I can pair my viewing card with the Sky+HD box without a subscription. Bummer. :(
    Leave the Sky box running with the card in it. I'm sure that they certainly used to update themselves over time, if the satellite signal is active. No harm to leave the Skybox turned on overnight to see if the updates occur.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

If you have eir broadband, without going for the TV package, you can have the mobile app...and it does cast... using Chromecast with my S7 for the last 5 months
    Are the BT Sport channels available to cast too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

byte wrote: »
    Are the BT Sport channels available to cast too?

Yep.

So I had some success! Didn't need to pair my Sky viewing card after all.

Updated the Sky+HD box software manually.
    Noticed that I could view BBC 1 at 141 (plus other UK channels so reckoned the Satellite connection at least was fine)
    Subscribed to the 1 euro offer.
    Hey presto ... I now have the BT Sports channels in HD plus Eir Sport 1&2 etc.

Will cancel Sky Sports after today's golf, keep Eir Sports for 3 months and see if I get another decent Sky Sports offer from VM in the meantime.;)

Thanks to OP & Tommyboy87 and byte for replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

This might be really obvious, but how can you log into the app after signing up? All I can see under register an account on the main eir site is section for TV or phone accounts, I can't find any reference to just having eir sports on its own...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

dulpit wrote: »
    This might be really obvious, but how can you log into the app after signing up? All I can see under register an account on the main eir site is section for TV or phone accounts, I can't find any reference to just having eir sports on its own...

You mean you just singed up to Eir Sport via your Sky dish?

Then you don't get access to the Eir Sport app afaik.

Ah boo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

If you have Eir for your broadband and Sky for TV, see here: https://www.eir.ie/support/eir-sport/eir-sport-for-sky-customers/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Only eir broadband customers get the app (and eir mobile customers who get a different app that doesn’t allow casting).

As a sort of substitute, satellite customers can access www.setantago.com on a laptop which allows steaming of the eir and BT channels (not Box Nation). That won’t work on most mobile phones or tablets though.

icdg wrote: »
    Only eir broadband customers get the app (and eir mobile customers who get a different app that doesn’t allow casting).

As a sort of substitute, satellite customers can access www.setantago.com on a laptop which allows steaming of the eir and BT channels (not Box Nation). That won’t work on most mobile phones or tablets though.

Very disjointed approach to the apps from Eir..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

dulpit wrote: »
    Very disjointed approach to the apps from Eir..

They won't say but I think it has to do with Virgin Media and the ongoing debacle there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Na, it’s just that Setanta had the setantago.com website already developed before they sold the channels to Eir and the latter have never bothered to shut it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭geriatric

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I never call them I just email, I'd say I have their hearts broke I'm constantly closing and reaccepting offers

I've tried the 0818203040 no. and got a message to say call centre is now closed, try Setanta.com instead. What's the email address please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Worse comes to worse, you can cancel the direct debit through your bank and ask for the last 2 months back in cash, no questions asked. (SEPA rules)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

irishfeen wrote: »
    They definitely did a Black Friday offer last year because I signed up with them - €149/ 12 months.

I got that deal aswell. I’d renew again this November if it’s something similiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I never call them I just email, I'd say I have their hearts broke I'm constantly closing and reaccepting offers

So if you don't have Eir broadband you can still get it via the app on your phone and cast it?

What's the email address?

• Advertisement

Sorry for sounding like an idiot.

I'm going to prevail of this offer on the 31st of July. When should I cancel how I'm not charged full price after 3 months? If I'm right it can be early as the 2nd of September because of the 30 day notice? so they'll take my last payment around the 30th of September and I'll still get access for the whole of October?

Sorry for making it confusing :D

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭xabi

Sorry for sounding like an idiot.

I'm going to prevail of this offer on the 31st of July. When should I cancel how I'm not charged full price after 3 months? If I'm right it can be early as the 2nd of September because of the 30 day notice? so they'll take my last payment around the 30th of September and I'll still get access for the whole of October?

Sorry for making it confusing :D

Thanks

I’d like to know the answer to this also

Just signed up, I have BT1 & 2 in HD and Eir sports 2 in HD, but eir sports 1 is in SD. Any ideas?

Edit: after a bit of digging it seems there is no eir sports 1 HD, bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

xabi wrote: »
    Just signed up, I have BT1 & 2 in HD and Eir sports 2 in HD, but eir sports 1 is in SD. Any ideas?

Edit: after a bit of digging it seems there is no eir sports 1 HD, bizarre.

It looks like its being tested on Sky at the moment. Seems it might be on its way soon

Brian017 wrote: »
    It looks like its being tested on Sky at the moment. Seems it might be on its way soon

Thank christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Sky coming out with a €20 deal per month for six months should see this deal extended to a least the PL season start I'd imagine.

Crazy if they don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Took the euro deal for three months. Cancelling the S*** out of it after the 89 days.

Took the euro deal for three months. Cancelling the S*** out of it after the 89 days.

59 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

I almost hit a problem
    The telephone number was a required field but we only have mobiles and it would not give the option on an 08 prefix..........luckily I remembered Imagine had assigned us a landline number we don't use!!!!

km79 wrote: »
    I almost hit a problem
    The telephone number was a required field but we only have mobiles and it would not give the option on an 08 prefix..........luckily I remembered Imagine had assigned us a landline number we don't use!!!!

085-089 is available if you scan to the end pal

• Advertisement

Schwanz wrote: »

LOL how the hell did I miss that

km79 wrote: »
    LOL how the hell did I miss that

S**t happens mate lol

xabi wrote: »
    59 days

Using my spare Revolut card so I'll block online transactions just to safe. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Mike3549

It is available at first, but when you have to enter your details such as name and address in step 2, all of the 085-089 prefixes disappeared for me.
    Had to look for an old contract with the landline no on it

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Mike3549 wrote: »
    It is available at first, but when you have to enter your details such as name and address in step 2, all of the 085-089 prefixes disappeared for me.
    Had to look for an old contract with the landline no on it
    You could have just made up a landline number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

It says in my email I've to cancel in writing.

What chances that the letter gets lost in the post

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    It says in my email I've to cancel in writing.

What chances that the letter gets lost in the post

Email

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

iggy82 wrote: »

I cancelled over the phone yesterday, no mention of filling out that form.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Sky coming out with a €20 deal per month for six months should see this deal extended to a least the PL season start I'd imagine.

Crazy if they don't

That deal runs until the 30 of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Anyone know the email address to cancel?

PPV next week on Eir Sports 1

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Anyone know the email address to cancel?

cs@eirsport.ie

When is the best time to cancel the 3 months for E3 offer to get the full 3 months but not be charged full price for a 4th month? 30th of August is when I subscribed.

Thanks

Go for 31 days before the end date to be safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Gave my months notice today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Gave my months notice today

Any sign of an offer if you stayed on with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

They'll ring you in a few weeks with an offer

They'll ring you in a few weeks with an offer

I cancelled yesterday by email to cs@eirsport.ie . Got a reply shortly afterwards mentioning "... €15.99 per month for the next 2 months".

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

I cancelled yesterday by email to cs@eirsport.ie . Got a reply shortly afterwards mentioning "... €15.99 per month for the next 2 months".

Do you need to put your viewing number in the email ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement