Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EIR SPORTS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Any sign of an offer if you stayed on with them?

I rang them and was offered 17.99 and then 15.99. Told them no thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I rang a few days ago and was offered no reductions and I've since been switched off.

They probably think people will all cough up ahead of the Magregor fight in a few weeks

I'd say they will begin offers for customers after they lose the MMA in October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Cancelled too and they're the same offers we got, 15.99 looks like the best you'll get. I'll wait and see if they do a deal on Black Friday again, I can see them offering deals once the UFC is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

xtal191 wrote: »
    Cancelled too and they're the same offers we got, 15.99 looks like the best you'll get. I'll wait and see if they do a deal on Black Friday again, I can see them offering deals once the UFC is gone.

Yes i was thinking exactly the same.

Black Friday is a fair while away though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Cancelled via email there and got offered the €15.99 for two months. Tempted to take it as that would take me right up to around the Black Friday offer. But I just got told by eir that if I take up the offer it overrides my last month of the €1. So it basically isn’t an offer then cos if I stick with what I have I will pay €1 + €29.99 which would be €30.99 for 2months. But if I take the “offer” it would be €15.99 + €15.99 which would be €31.98?? Anyone else had this issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Cancelled via email there and got offered the €15.99 for two months.

When you email them to cancel - do they reply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

IsMiseJoe wrote: »
    When you email them to cancel - do they reply?

Yea I emailed to cancel and they replied with the €15.99 offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Cancelled via email there and got offered the €15.99 for two months. Tempted to take it as that would take me right up to around the Black Friday offer. But I just got told by eir that if I take up the offer it overrides my last month of the €1. So it basically isn’t an offer then cos if I stick with what I have I will pay €1 + €29.99 which would be €30.99 for 2months. But if I take the “offer” it would be €15.99 + €15.99 which would be €31.98?? Anyone else had this issue?

I had the exact same. Was all set to take the 15.99 for 2 months but then I checked to make sure it would still be €1 for the next month and then €15.99 for the following 2 months. But no, the new deal would override the €1 one. I decided against it, and just cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pat1981

I cancelled via email on thursday and so far have not received a reply confirming my cancelation. I emailed cs@eirsport.ie

I shouldn't need to ring after reading fellow posters emailing etc but looks like I will, hate duplication.

Update:
    Rang Cs at eirsport. They asked me to resend email as they had not received it, strange as my email said sent with time and date and didn't bounce back as not delivered. Sent email no reply yet.

They person at cs couldn't take cancellation over the phone, I had to do it via email.

Anyways weather they have received it or not I'm not paying the full amount next month, I'll request a refund from my bank if it comes to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭stoves1

emailed my cancellation notice this morning as 1 month to go, they acknowledged and said i would be cut off in a month, i also got the following offer:
    As a valued customer we would like to offer you the opportunity of continuing your subscription with eir Sport at a reduced price offer of €15.99 per month for the next 2 months. This offer will commence from your next billing date 29/10/18. After this period your service will revert to the original price unless you call or email at which point we would be more than happy to discuss your account again. So interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mine due to be cut off soon I'd imagine also, got a missed payment notice on sept 10 (effers would have auto renewed me for another year only for i have a different card)

as long as i get to see next sat ufc ill be happy
    not worth having for me with the ufc going to eleven sports in dec

After the UFC is gone it's only worth €2 PM in my opinion.

Eir Sports have been playing hard ball recently because of the big Magregor fight.

They can stick it as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

pat1981 wrote: »
    I cancelled via email on thursday and so far have not received a reply confirming my cancelation. I emailed cs@eirsport.ie

I shouldn't need to ring after reading fellow posters emailing etc but looks like I will, hate duplication.

Update:
    Rang Cs at eirsport. They asked me to resend email as they had not received it, strange as my email said sent with time and date and didn't bounce back as not delivered. Sent email no reply yet.

They person at cs couldn't take cancellation over the phone, I had to do it via email.

Anyways weather they have received it or not I'm not paying the full amount next month, I'll request a refund from my bank if it comes to that.
    keep us posted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

I sent my email at the weekend.

Nothing yet.

How long did people wait before getting notified?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭xabi

SeeMoreBut wrote: »

Nothing yet.

Sent mine Saturday afternoon, they replied within 5 minutes with the 15.99 offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭IBrows89

SeeMoreBut wrote: »

Nothing yet.

Same as myself, sent it first thing yesterday morning and nothing confirmed. I assume they hold you to the date that the email was sent, not the confirmation email reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

They cancelled me straight away, no offer of 15.99 pm. Didn’t suit anymore anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Must have know I comment here as email replied 15 minutes later

Got the offer of €15.99

Don't watch it enough to pay that and no online watching offer just makes it worse for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭conor_mc

If it helps anyone, sent cancellation email Oct 1st, received reply today Oct 2nd confirming cancellation to take effect on or around 28/10/2018 (so 28 days notice).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pat1981

degsie wrote: »
    keep us posted...

t took a third email on Sunday and a second follow up call on Monday afternoon to eventually get a acknowledgement from eirsport.
    Will be disconnected on the 28th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Does anyone know if the Black Friday offer cancels automatically after the year or do I have to contact them to csncel.

I ordered online a monthly subscription for regular price of €30 in order to view last Sat nights fight.

I then sent email yesterday to the usual cancellation email stating I wished to give them one month's notice to cancel.

Two days later and I've had no acknowledgement email.

This is unusual vthey usually would send me a response within one day.

I also noticed their site has now changed since Saturday.

Prior to Saturday they had option to sign up for monthly or else annual subscription.

Now today they only show the annual subscription available.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Darsencia

Does anyone know if the Black Friday offer cancels automatically after the year or do I have to contact them to csncel.

What is the Black Friday offer a few people have mentioned on here. I signed up for the 3 month offer of a euro per month. Forgot to send my cancellation notice so i will be billed full price at end of the month. To be honest i won't really miss it as i work late on Tuesday and Wednesday and dont get to see any of Champions League games. Think ive only seen one premier league match in the time ive had it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭rodge123

Spotted that they never cancelled my service as requested and acknowledged by them in email, charged full 29.99 to my card!
    Emailed them this evening, they have 1 day to confirm refund before get onto my bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭bren2001

rodge123 wrote: »
    Spotted that they never cancelled my service as requested and acknowledged by them in email, charged full 29.99 to my card!
    Emailed them this evening, they have 1 day to confirm refund before get onto my bank.

Same happened to me over the weekend. They responded and issued me a refund.

€225 for 12 months Black Friday offer if anyone’s interested.
    https://subscribe.eirsport.ie

€225 for 12 months Black Friday offer if anyone’s interested.
    https://subscribe.eirsport.ie

That's not a very enticing offer really.

You'll be signed up until next November and won't have access to the BT channels from July.

I'll stick to my 15.99 monthly offer as long as they keep offering it to me - once that's gone I'm done.

You'll be signed up until next November and won't have access to the BT channels from July.

I'll stick to my 15.99 monthly offer as long as they keep offering it to me - once that's gone I'm done.

Yeah thinking I’ll do that also..only want it for the rugby and that’s only another 6 months roughly.

Yeah thinking I’ll do that also..only want it for the rugby and that’s only another 6 months roughly.

I'm the opposite.
    European football & the Bundesliga is my reason for keeping it. Gutted they lost Serie A this season.

• Advertisement

Thats a 50% increase on last year’s Black Friday offer which I availed of. Not this year!

Surely what they are advertising is completely false advertising in that case for the 12 month deal, no mention of BT channels disappearing next July.

Thats a 50% increase on last year’s Black Friday offer which I availed of. Not this year!

Yes and they losing 60% content such as:

Italian soccer, UFC, perhaps more such as BT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Is it confirmed that eir will lose the bt sports channels next year? Currently it's the perfect package for rugby fans. It will be a curse to have to fork out for the sky and eir packages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Surely what they are advertising is completely false advertising in that case for the 12 month deal, no mention of BT channels disappearing next July.

Says in the small print even on the massive billboards that Eir Sport channels may change. I reckon if you had Eir Sport only and not Eir Sport through their Broadband deal etc, you could claim a change in contract and quit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

It hasn't been confirmed that they are losing BT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

It hasn't been confirmed that they are losing BT

Only one broadcaster can have the rights and that will be Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Guffy

scart wrote: »
    Only one broadcaster can have the rights and that will be Sky.

Eir are in talks with sky to be the irish carrier of bt.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

Guffy wrote: »
    Eir are in talks with sky to be the irish carrier of bt.

Sky will carry BT on their Irish platform so your stmt above is incorrect

Sky may sub license the package to Eir to also carry BT but the chances are the pricing will be so prohibitive that eir won’t pay or if they do then they will start charging for the service and no longer offer to bb subscribers for free

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Just had €269 taken from my card. No authorisation. No contract emailed from the year before to say this was a rolling agreement that would jump up from €149 to €269. Absolutely horrible practice. For 3 years they have been contacting asking did I wish to avail of the service for another year. Nothing here. What are my options?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Peegee82

Just had €269 taken from my card. No authorisation. No contract emailed from the year before to say this was a rolling agreement that would jump up from €149 to €269. Absolutely horrible practice. For 3 years they have been contacting asking did I wish to avail of the service for another year. Nothing here. What are my options?

Same happened to me I complained they have cancelled and apologised for it. Says refund could take up to 28 days which is a joke

I was afraid this would happen to me aswell so I cancelled pre Black Friday. Cut off Saturday Week. Praying I get the Leinster Bath game out of it!

Peegee82 wrote: »
    Same happened to me I complained they have cancelled and apologised for it. Says refund could take up to 28 days which is a joke

Thanks mate.

What avenue did you go down to get in contact? 28 days is scandalous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Peegee82

Thanks mate.

What avenue did you go down to get in contact? 28 days is scandalous.

Just called there customer service they said it was done in error and there had been loads of cancellations

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

Peegee82 wrote: »
    Just called there customer service they said it was done in error and there had been loads of cancellations
    Same as. Email cs@Eirsport.ie. No issues refunding. Will miss it.

Got in contact and they are refunding.

They'll catch a load out with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

To be fair, nearly all of these media services (sky tv, sky movies/sports, virgin media, netflix, etc) are rolling contracts - it's part of their standard pitch. Hopefully they'll be sound though and let you cancel, I'd imagine they will.

dulpit wrote: »
    To be fair, nearly all of these media services (sky tv, sky movies/sports, virgin media, netflix, etc) are rolling contracts - it's part of their standard pitch. Hopefully they'll be sound though and let you cancel, I'd imagine they will.

I wouldn't contest a monthly rolling contract after year one. Especially if it remained at the same price. But a yearly fully prepaid contract with a price increase of 80% is something I've never heard of.

They seem pretty apologetic about it which would make me say that they are in the wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭xabi

Just cancelled the 15.99 / month offer and got offered it again for Jan and Feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

xabi wrote: »
    Just cancelled the 15.99 / month offer and got offered it again for Jan and Feb

cancelled aswell but was ony offered this :
    Regrettably, the €15.99 offer is no longer available.

If you wish to subscribe to our services the package price is €29.99 per month plus €15.00 connection fee. If you have Sky Q plus a mini box the cost of the package is 32.49 per month, plus €15.00 connection fee.

Advertisement