Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Loan repayments

• 18-07-2018 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can I make extra repayments as I have the money on a loan from month to month on top of my normal monthly repayments? For example, if one month I have an extra €300 left over can I transfer this against my loan. I've looked on the AIB App but there doesn't appear to be a means of doing this.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

glennlandy wrote: »
    Can I make extra repayments as I have the money on a loan from month to month on top of my normal monthly repayments? For example, if one month I have an extra €300 left over can I transfer this against my loan. I've looked on the AIB App but there doesn't appear to be a means of doing this.

If it's a variable rate loan then you can overpay without penalty. If it's fixed, double check with AIB if there is a penalty for overpaying.

As for physically doing it, your online banking should show the IBAN for the loan account you are looking to transfer to. You can then just set it up as a payee and transfer away to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

glennlandy wrote: »
    I've looked on the AIB App but there doesn't appear to be a means of doing this.

Option Exists for me, both my current and loan account appear under "My Accounts".

Is the loan in the same branch as your other accounts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Anyone knows if it’s possible to register for online banking if all you have with AIB is a mortgage? (I.e. not current or savings account)

Advertisement