Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for electronic transfer to go through.

• 18-07-2018 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi

I need to make an urgent transfer of money from my credit union to my bank account. Does anyone know how long it will take for the money to appear in my bank account. I don't have time to go to both the bank and the credit union as they are in different towns.

Mick

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

mickmac76 wrote: »
    Hi

I need to make an urgent transfer of money from my credit union to my bank account. Does anyone know how long it will take for the money to appear in my bank account. I don't have time to go to both the bank and the credit union as they are in different towns.

Mick

If it's transferred by SEPA Transfer it will be in the account next working day.

CU transfers sometimes go through a holding account so that can sometimes add a day to the process.

If your credit union account has it's own IBAN then it should be there next working day.

Banks have the facility to do a same day transfer (for a fee), I'm not sure if the credit union does but it's worth checking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

mickmac76 wrote: »
    Hi

Mick

Depending on the amount, you might visit an ATM near the CU, and lodge the money directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

Thanks for the answers. The credit union said the money will be in my account by tomorrow so that's fine. I'm afraid that the amount involved is too large for an ATM.

Advertisement