Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smarter Pay As You Go

Options
  • 18-07-2018 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi.

I have chosen on 04.07.2018 your Smarter Pay As You Go and the meter will be installed in my home on 19.07.2018.
    Got yesterday a letter from electric Ireland about direct debit or deposit of 300 Euro to be paid within 10 working days.

It must be a mistake and can you explain to me why as a Pay As you Ggo customer someone has to pay deposit or sign up for direct debit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Raimund63,

Apologies - it is likely that during the short window when your account was pending update to Pay As You Go (PAYG) this letter automatically issued.

We can double-check for you also if you private message us the address's meter point reference number (MPRN) stating that you are the account-holder and confirming your name, address and telephone number (for security/verification).

We will review the account as soon as possible, however we can assure you now that customers who have a PAYG meter do not have to pay the security deposit.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Raimund63

Hi Una.

Are you offering Smarter Pay As You Go for Gas as well?

Thanks Raimund

Hi Raimund,

Thanks for your post.

Smarter PAYG is only available for electricity. There isn't an equivalent for PAYG gas. The PAYG gas system is manual. A PAYG gas meter can only be topped up by card following purchase of credit at a retailer.

There is an emergency credit facility of €5 on a PAYG gas meter, to give a customer time to purchase credit if they are not in a position to purchase it immediately. This emergency credit will just come into effect if the customer does not owe a balance for standing charges.

Should you have any other queries, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

Hi Una.

OK.
    But are you offering Pay As You Go for Gas as well because I would like to change the provider?

Thanks Raimund

Hi Raimund63,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, PAYG gas is available from Electric Ireland.

Further information can be found here on the Electric Ireland website, and the relevant telephone number is 1850 372 372 (or 01 8529534).

Best regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Hi Raimund,

Thanks for your post.

Smarter PAYG is only available for electricity. There isn't an equivalent for PAYG gas. The PAYG gas system is manual. A PAYG gas meter can only be topped up by card following purchase of credit at a retailer.

There is an emergency credit facility of €5 on a PAYG gas meter, to give a customer time to purchase credit if they are not in a position to purchase it immediately. This emergency credit will just come into effect if the customer does not owe a balance for standing charges.

Should you have any other queries, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una
    Hi Una.

Just trying to register my account.
    What is the Keypad Location?

Thanks Raimund

Hi Raimund,

Thank you for getting in touch.

That just means the physical location of where the PAYG electricity meter is (to be) installed. It is not essential for it to be exact. It is more of a requirement for properties that have more than one PAYG meter.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

Hi I’ve recently moved home to my parents house they are with prepay power and I want to take over the electricity and change to Smarter Pay as You Go with yourselves is this possible and if so what do I have to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi medic780,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Will you be opening an account in your own name?

If so, a switch can be completed online here, or over the phone with a member of the dedicated Electric Ireland Pay As You Go (PAYG) Sales team. they are available to call on 1850 305 095. They can be called from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5:30pm on Saturdays, please note this excludes public holidays.

To complete the switch, Electric Ireland will require the Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN) of the property, as well as an up-to-date meter reading, taken the day the application for the switch is made. 

Once the process has begun, we recommend waiting approximately 48-hours to contact the previous electricity supplier of the premises, to request a deactivation code for the meter currently installed in the property. This will deactivate the meter, and allow for the free flow of electricity until the Smarter PAYG meter has been installed.

This can be discussed in further detail with a member of the Sales team. We hope this helps.

Should you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

Hi Brige

Thanks for your reply yes intend to open the account in my own name. Just a quick question would I be entitled to the bonus credit for joining??

• Advertisement

Hi medic780,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, you would receive the switching bonus credit to the new meter upon registration.

If you complete the form as per Brige's link, you will receive a call-back from Sales. We recommend having your phone to hand as much as possible, as it could be made any time during the day. The call may also come from a blocked telephone number.

If you would like to speak to Sales sooner, and at a time that suits you, we recommend phoning them directly.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EvelynFosters

Hi, I was trying to top up my Electric Ireland pay as you go online but it will not let me. Is there a problem with the service?
    Evelyn

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ciaranmjc

Hi, I was trying to top up my Electric Ireland pay as you go online but it will not let me. Is there a problem with the service?
    Evelyn

There most definitely was a problem with their crappy app this morning Evelyn, no electricity for 1 hour this morning and now they have charged me for 3 topups all at the same time.

They cut your service on a bank holiday but don't provide any customer service whatsoever.

How do I get my 2 extra topup refunded, that were all charged at the same time ??? And how do I get the PAyg meter removed as this will be happening tomorrow ??? 

Evelyn
    Hi Evelyn,

We're sorry to read that you had difficulty topping up online.

Could you please send us a brief private message detailing the difficulties you experienced? Could you also include your Keypad Card number?

We can then have this matter escalated to the relevant department for further investigation.

Here in the Social Media department we do not have access to the Pay As You Go (PAYG) system, but would be happy to escalate any issues experienced via the app. 

If you are still unable to top up your meter, we recommend calling the dedicated Electric Ireland PAYG Customer Service team, as they would be in the best position to assist you further.

They can be called on 1850 372 372, from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Brige

Hi Ciaran,

We're sorry to read of your unhappiness.

Credit friendly hours do not apply for all bank holiday weekends. However, they do come into effect on the 1st January, 17th March, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, St. Stephen’s Day and 31st December. Credit friendly hours currently apply from 5pm to 9am, Monday to Thursday and 5pm Fridays until 9am Monday.

Just to advise, the dedicated Electric Ireland Customer Service teams, including the Pay As You Go (PAYG) team, are available 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday, excluding public holidays.

We’re sorry to read that multiple payments were debited from your account. This was likely due to multiple attempts made on the app. If the payment was debited, but no code generated, then this money will be refunded to your account within 72 hours by the app provider, Payzone. If the money was debited, and a code generated, but not issued to you, this can be retrieved by a member of the Electric Ireland PAYG Customer Service team. They can be called on 1850 372 372.

If you wish to remove the PAYG meter, we recommend discussing this with the PAYG team, as they will be in the best position to assist you with this.

We hope this helps.Thanks,
    Brige

Hi guys I had my smarter pay as you go meter installed on the 16/08/2018 I still have not received my card for topping up in shops, an idea as to how long this will be?

Hi medic780,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Your PAYG card should arrive shortly - it can sometimes take a matter of weeks.

Here are all the ways in which you can top up with your card number in the meantime (we recommend setting up an online/Payzone account also, to have in the event of being unable to go to a retailer, for example in the case of severe weather conditions during winter).

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement