Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am so scared!! Need advice!!

Options
  • 18-07-2018 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello everyone. Sorry if I come across as naive (first time pregnancy)
    I am 5 weeks pregnant and have only jusy discovered how common miscarriages are.
    I am 28 and healthy and have no health issues, but this isn't stopping me worrying. I am so worried about it that I can't even feel excited about being pregnant and I dont like to talk too much about it, even with my boyfriend... I know worrying wont change anything BUT I am constantly feeling on edge and checking to see if I am bleeding :( I wish I was past this first trimester so at least I know baby is stronger..

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

The only real advice I can offer is to do your best to stay healthy and calm. Eat right, look after yourself and try to keep from stressing by doing things you enjoy. I know the not stressing is easier said than done but happy mama means happy baba. Try to remain positive, excitement will override the fear soon enough chicken x

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bear18

It's completely normal to be scared, I think most people are even on subsequent pregnancies.

I suggest you try to take things day by day. Would you book yourself an early scan at 8 weeks? At least then you have a milestone to focus on and hopefully the scan would give you peace of mind? If you try break up the weeks by focusing on something small that will help loads.

Happy and healthy 9 months to you.

Advertisement