Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacement pattern 14 barrel

Options
  • 18-07-2018 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi all.

I would really appreciate every ones advice here. I have a pattern 1914 enfield which has been bored to .410. Ideally I'd like to return this piece to .303. Has anyone any leads as to where I would find replacement barrel also re licencing it as a rifle when the licence is up for renewal .

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

Valmont Firearms in the UK do replacement barrels, but if its an SMLE type barrel you are looking for then you may need to find an alternative. I think he only has No4 mk1 Barrels which are much heavier than those used in SMLE s.

Unless this rifle holds some significant importance or has some historical connection then it would be cheaper to buy a SMLE

If your firearm has the original volley sights etc and some interesting markings it might be worth it, post some pictures of what you have, sometimes a single stamping on a rifle can have historical value but without an original barrel and or woodwork it can be difficult to assertain.

If its a P 14 then I know of one in NI you may be able to get to a different barrel etc, some ideas anyway but need some more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

I always wanted a p14 or model 17, but preferably the p14. Is there any for sale anywhere in ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

gunny123 wrote: »
    I always wanted a p14 or model 17, but preferably the p14. Is there any for sale anywhere in ireland ?

There was a P14 for sale in Tanney, could be P17 not sure but its drilled, not an original and no STAR on receiver so ok price not sure on the barrel wear but looks good.
    Worth the asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭judestynes

gunny123 wrote: »

pm'd

Advertisement