Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Pay - incorrect shipping address

Options
  • 18-07-2018 11:06am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I tried to pay for something online earlier using Apple Pay and it kept telling me my shipping address was incorrect. It wasn't, and it was exactly the same as my billing address. I tried deleting both and re-entering them, same problem. Eventually gave up and used Paypal.

Not the first time I've had this problem. Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I tried to pay for something online earlier using Apple Pay and it kept telling me my shipping address was incorrect. It wasn't, and it was exactly the same as my billing address. I tried deleting both and re-entering them, same problem. Eventually gave up and used Paypal.

Not the first time I've had this problem. Anyone else experience this?

Anything to do with the company you are buying from not shipping to Ireland?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No, it was the Irish version of their site. And I was able to order fine using the regular checkout.

I think it's just an Apple Pay bug. The complete lack of information about what was wrong, just "incorrect shipping address", suggests as much. The last time this happened I fixed it by deleting the address and re-entering exactly the same as before, but that didn't work this time. Google search suggests Apple Pay can take a disliking to certain details of your address.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Every time in the last 10 years that I have bought directly from Apple, their systems says my address in unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

I have had the same issue when trying to pay with the JD sports app. Same generic message.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

flexcon wrote: »
    I have had the same issue when trying to pay with the JD sports app. Same generic message.

It was the JD Sports website I was trying to order from as well. So maybe it's a problem with their site and/or implementation of ApplePay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

It was the JD Sports website I was trying to order from as well. So maybe it's a problem with their site and/or implementation of ApplePay?

interesting! AFAIK that is the only time it hasn't worked for me. I'll keep an eye on it and update if it happens somewhere else.

Advertisement