Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyres advice

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

What’s this classic argument
    “ I hope I never meet you on the road “

Utter utter poppycock! The chances are that you do meet people all the time driving cheap but excellent tyres

Just because people deem spending a lot on tyres correlates directly to the quality over cheaper tyres , does not mean it’s true

No not 100% of the time but most people who are willing to pay the price for a decent tyre have done their research and followed tyre reviews before they have purchased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Well, I won't risk the lives of me and my passengers on cheap Chinese knock off tyres to save a few bucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Well, I won't risk the lives of me and my passengers on cheap Chinese knock off tyres to save a few bucks.

Advertising lol

How come these accidents don’t happen every minute of the day then?

Advertising lol

How come these accidents don’t happen every minute of the day then?

What am I advertising???

What am I advertising???

Referring to Ross kemp

Pay him enough and he’ll swear the world is flat

But as long as people believe mr Ross tyre kemp and part with their money , it’s a worthwhile exercise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

What’s this classic argument
    “ I hope I never meet you on the road “

Utter utter poppycock! The chances are that you do meet people all the time driving cheap but excellent tyres

Just because people deem spending a lot on tyres correlates directly to the quality over cheaper tyres , does not mean it’s true

Do you know the opposite is also true?

Do you know the opposite is also true?

I do, that was my point , irony and sarcasm intertwining at the extreme pivotal point of logic

Referring to Ross kemp

Pay him enough and he’ll swear the world is flat

But as long as people believe mr Ross tyre kemp and part with their money , it’s a worthwhile exercise

That's not Ross Kemp.

That's not Ross Kemp.

Oh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

There's no point in arguing with someone over cheap Chinese tyres. Leave them to it and just hope you don't get rear ended by them.

If people want to be cheap then that's their choice.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    There's no point in arguing with someone over cheap Chinese tyres. Leave them to it and just hope you don't get rear ended by them.

If people want to be cheap then that's their choice.

Nothing to do with being cheap. I spend accordingly, if something is worth paying extra for I’ll happily do so

For the case of tyres, no. Plenty of excellent budget tyres going these days

Ridiculous argument about people crashing into you due to tyres! How many times has that actually happened to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Nothing to do with being cheap. I spend accordingly, if something is worth paying extra for I’ll happily do so

For the case of tyres, no. Plenty of excellent budget tyres going these days

Ridiculous argument about people crashing into you due to tyres! How many times has that actually happened to you?

It's not really an argument. I didn't say every car with cheap tyres is guaranteed to rear end someone.

If it has nothing to do with being cheap then people wouldn't actively be seeking out super cheap tyres when it's well known that quality tyres at a reasonable price are safer with better grip and better stopping distances.

I know a few people in work on Chinese tyres and it's exactly because they don't want to spend €200 for a set. A friend of mine has cheap tyres for the same reasons. €60-70 is better than €100 and that's all they care about.

I'll happily pay €100+ per tyre because I know what cheap tyres are like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Pay an amount according to how you value your life. Buy Chinese tyres, Chinese helmets, chinese johnnies. Live life to the min. You only live once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

cheap but excellent tyres

456391.png

Advertisement