Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow card appeal

Options
  • 18-07-2018 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭

I would like to dispute the card I was given in Politics. The mod posted this warning

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107548415&postcount=9148

then followed up with this comment an hour later.

Seven people have been carded or banned for ignoring the mod warning posted less than an hour ago. Don't say you weren't warned.

I simply did not see the warning. The only thing distinguishing it from the other posts was a small bold title. It wasn't mentioned in the title, in the opening post or made to stand out in any way. If I had seen it I would have followed it. I thought there was a practice that mod warnings had to be made stand out in fast moving threads like the one on Trump.

The mod feels the warning was sufficiently highlighted and won't overturn the ban. Here's the copnversation.

Hi Captain Obvious,
    The mod warning was clearly labelled "Mod Note" in the subject line and was posted less than an hour before your post. I can't see how anyone could have missed it. I'm afraid I won't be overturning the card.

Regards

Charlus

Dear Captain Obvious,

You have been warned for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

Baron de Charlus

Moderator Note

Not up to standard

Your post:
    ELM327 wrote: »
    +1
    #MAGA
    #TrainStillRollin

SAD!!

Sorry, just another Trump quote.

I am interested in this idea that Obamacare was worse than the current system. By what metric is this measured?

I'd like to appeal this card. You've stated on thread these bans are for ignoring a mod warning. Your mod warning is not visible. It is not in bold, there is no reference to it in the title and it is not referenced in the opening post. These are standard procedures in forums so users are aware of mod warnings. I simply did not see it. If i had I would have not responded to that poster.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I'd like to petition for a default judgement. They say justice delayed is justice denied.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's been a week, I'll chase the CMods.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hi CO I will look at this for you please bear with me

Thanks

CO, were there any further PMs than those posted? if so could you please forward them to me? thanks

bluewolf wrote: »
    CO, were there any further PMs than those posted? if so could you please forward them to me? thanks

I think that's them all.

• Advertisement

thanks CO,
    I have reviewed the mod warning, the thread, and your post.
    My view is that regardless of any mod warning, your post wasn't up to the levels of politics standards. I think you have enough posts in Politics to know this. In addition, there were numerous mod warnings throughout the thread already.
    Your card was marked as 'breach of charter' and not 'ignoring mod warning' so I think they are less relevant here.

However I have discussed this with the mods and in light of your having no history of issues in the forum, they have said they would be willing to overturn the card if you can agree that the post was not up to standards and don't post this way again.
    Would that be acceptable to you?

thanks

Yes that is acceptable. I got a bit baited and responded inappropriately. Appreciate the offer.

Great, i have requested this to be reversed now

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement