Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light scratch to matte black carbon frame.

Options
  • 18-07-2018 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭

I managed to very lightly scratch the seat stay on my Canyon CF SL. It's a matte black finish.

I know about nail varnish, sharpie pens and Halfords kits etc, but just wondering what sort of success anyone has had with DIY repairs. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

The scratch is a badge of honour. Wear it well. The only unscratched bike is the bike that is never ridden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

I've bought a small tub of matte black paint to touch up a couple of marks around where skewers contact form . Haven't tried it yet

Edit The paint is for model aeroplanes bought in a art and hobbie shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Raam wrote: »
    The scratch is a badge of honour. Wear it well. The only unscratched bike is the bike that is never ridden.
    I think I've gone through the seven stages of grief with this paint scratch.:D
    SHOCK & DENIAL
    PAIN & GUILT
    ANGER & BARGAINING
    DEPRESSION, REFLECTION, LONELINESS
    THE UPWARD TURN
    RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH
    ACCEPTANCE & HOPE

Advertisement