Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone renting out their campervan?

Options
  • 18-07-2018 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

We are really interested in renting a campervan directly from an owner. Is there any site that arranges such things? We are a sensible, fun loving family and would promise to take very good care of it.

Just wondering if there was such an option? We live in the west of Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

camper insurance specifically states you cant rent a private camper

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dizzyrascal

Aha. OK thank you anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

If you live in the West, try www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

We are really interested in renting a campervan directly from an owner. Is there any site that arranges such things?

Check this out. Some in the North I believe. Insurance is provided. https://www.yescapa.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

Why not hire from a commercial operator? Most motor homes are very expensive and the owners either spent their life savings on it or are paying back a large loan. No matter how careful you are you would never be as careful as the owner.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 14,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Agree with the above. My parents have one that we occasionally borrow. I am a little OCD with things, and I ensure to take absolutely 100% care when we borrow it. Every time we return it my dad finds something small to clean, or move, or empty!

I used to get a bit annoyed, and feel like he thought I was deliberately not being careful. But now I know that's not it. Its his pride and joy. It cost him close enough to €70k! He is always going to "mind" it and be more careful with it than anyone else. I am learning though, and someday I hope to return it and have him not even look in to it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭eeinke

We're in the same boat, would like to rent a camper van for 10days to head to the west....

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

eeinke wrote: »
    We're in the same boat, would like to rent a camper van for 10days to head to the west....

www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Renting directly from the owner could be cheap, but it is hard to find campervan owners. I usually rent a campervan from here for my trips with European as it is hard to make a full authority deals without a dealer if you get directly from the vehicle owner. However, any of your known people own a campervan then you can get from her/him.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Spaceship Campers have opened up a location in Dublin, and they are very cheap
    https://www.spaceshipsrentals.co.uk/locations/ireland-campervan-hire/

• Advertisement
Advertisement