Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scar oil/ointment

Options
  • 18-07-2018 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

Cab anybody recommend a good scar oil/ointment that does not have any alcohol or harsh chemicals in it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Seanachai wrote: »
    Cab anybody recommend a good scar oil/ointment that does not have any alcohol or harsh chemicals in it?

Bio-oil!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mandser

I use Kelo-Cote for scars, but I am not sure of the ingredients so I doubt they are natural.  Vitamin E is good for scarring.  with recent bad press surrounding Bio Oil I would avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Mandser wrote: »
    I use Kelo-Cote for scars, but I am not sure of the ingredients so I doubt they are natural.  Vitamin E is good for scarring.  with recent bad press surrounding Bio Oil I would avoid

I found a brand that is just pure silicone, I was using bio oil, but it has too many ingredients that can cause problems

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Marlie123

Seanachai wrote: »

vitamin e is good, you can buy it in a gel like formula, it is a bit sticky though.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Peppery

I love Trilogy’s rose hip oil.

Out of interest what’s the bad press around bio oil?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Moo Goo have a good range of natural vitamin serums which ive found great for evening skin tone and reducing scars and marks. Their multivitamin one is my favorite but their vitamin C serum is good too. They also sell rosehip oil which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

Peppery wrote: »
    Out of interest what’s the bad press around bio oil?

Also curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Vitamin A and Vitamin E are really good for scarring.

Not sure what would be wrong with Bio-Oil, only thing I can think of is the paraffin oils in it which wouldn't be the most eco-friendly.

Advertisement