Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I evict a housemate who is not on the lease?

Options
  • 18-07-2018 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I have rented out a spare room in my rented house. I am the lease holder and I never notified the landlord that I was renting the spare room.

She is creating a horrible atmosphere and I think she will go crazy when I tell her she has to leave. Does anyone know her rights/my liabilities in this situation? And have any advice on how to get her to leave?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

scrow wrote: »
    Hi,

I have rented out a spare room in my rented house. I am the lease holder and I never notified the landlord that I was renting the spare room.

She is creating a horrible atmosphere and I think she will go crazy when I tell her she has to leave. Does anyone know her rights/my liabilities in this situation? And have any advice on how to get her to leave?

She is a licensee. Give her 2 weeks notice of eviction
    Maybe have a witness there if it’s a hostile relationship.

Maybe have everything on writing too even though it’s not required legally.

Or , talk to her to see if the situation can be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Buying a new lock for the front door before you do anything. The next time she acts up, tell her that her behaviour is unacceptable and she cannot continue. Any more trouble after that, wait till she goes out and then change the lock on the front door. Hand her belongings out to her through the window, when she gets back.

Advertisement