Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNS problems, as of 17:04 ish on 18 July ??

Options
  • 18-07-2018 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Has Eir been having DNS issues today?  I cannot log on to any US based https sites since 5 pm this afternoon?  Diagnostics suggests a DNS problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Has Eir been having DNS issues today?  I cannot log on to any US based https sites since 5 pm this afternoon?  Diagnostics suggests a DNS problem.

Same here with some UK sites using both eir fibre and eir mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Noticed this as well cant access the EU FFXIV servers though I can log in. Cant access dell either.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Same issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yeah its about 75% of sites not loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

For anyone in a pinch, that changing the DNS won't work a VPN will work away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Switched to using google dns. Solved browsing pages for me but still cant access FFXIV game servers. :C Why'd it have to die now of all the times! :C

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

Infini wrote: »
    Switched to using google dns. Solved the problem for me.
    I've tried doing that myself, along with OpenDNS. Not made any changes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

not sure its a DNS problem as i'm using googles DNS servers.. seems to be a router issue. 

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Lundar.

its definitely a routing issue,  i've tried  opendns, google and cloudflare dns nothing worked. A traceroute  using Hostname and Ip addresses get stuck inside eircom network. DNS is resolving the names correctly ,so i think it not a DNS issue 

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

Yes, been having this issue for the past two hours. About 80% of sites not working. It's definitely a routing issue, because changing DNS servers didn't work (tried Google, OpenDNS). Can only access most things by using a VPN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Using pro-XPN and connected to a London server sorted it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I was having the same issues trying to work remotely this evening.

I updated my DNS server settings to Cloudfare (1.1.1.1) and Google (8.8.8.8) and all working again. 

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Th3B1tcH

definitely routing issues  went down 5:04 (irc logs showed time) I even contracted the site owner for to troubleshoot, he even rebooted our severs I was still able connect  to all social media but now using a poxey for our own sites & irc clients I gave up trying get information from an EIR offical source bad form not to inform customers

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Th3B1tcH

definitely routing issues  went down 5:04 (irc logs showed time) I even contracted the site owner for to troubleshoot, he even rebooted our severs I was still able connect  to all social media but now using a poxey for our own sites & irc clients I gave up trying get information from an EIR offical source bad form not to inform customers (GALWAY)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Same here. You could try googles DNS as an alternate (8.8.8.8 I think). Port trouble as well, PS4 complaining about port issues/nat. Something's up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,124 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Had the same problem here in Donegal. Not being technically minded when it comes to these things I rang Eir tech support but after 35 minutes of listening to a prerecorded message and music I hung up. At the start of the call there was a recording playing stating that there were BB problems "in the West and engineers were working to resolve it"

In any event it all came good again around 9:00 - 9:30

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I notice on the webpage for the router they have disabled the Home Network tab meaning you can't change DNS.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Lundar.

I notice on the webpage for the router they have disabled the Home Network tab meaning you can't change DNS.
    You probably already know this. this is for other people.

you can change it easily on a windows pc easily by going to Networks and sharing>Ethernet>Change adapter setting>Ethernet/Wifi>properties>internet protocol version 4>properties>tick Use the following DNS servers fill in the DNS server details and click ok

See attached screenshot

Personally, I use Cloudflare DNS 1.1.1.1 or 1.0.0.1 and Google DNS 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. you can also use OpenDNS 208.67.222.222 or 208.67.220.220

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

I am still having problems here.  Not sure if it is still DNS or possible router, but TV quality has been awful for the past two weeks.  To rub it in, the original fault logged has been ignored by Eir (surely the worst support of any organization I have ever had)  so now I am going to switch to Sky.

Question  I have is, after reading some horror stories in terms of delays in getting service after initiating a switch, is :-
    - as a stop-gap measure in the case of a service interruption during the switching process, is there a mobile dongle/tether alternative that could be used in the days/weeks without service?

thanks in advance
    M

btw - if you are reading this and and thinking of using Eircom, well consider yourself warned !!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

I am still having problems here.  Not sure if it is still DNS or possible router, but TV quality has been awful for the past two weeks.  To rub it in, the original fault logged has been ignored by Eir (surely the worst support of any organization I have ever had)  so now I am going to switch to Sky.

Question  I have is, after reading some horror stories in terms of delays in getting service after initiating a switch, is :-
    - as a stop-gap measure in the case of a service interruption during the switching process, is there a mobile dongle/tether alternative that could be used in the days/weeks without service?

thanks in advance
    M

btw - if you are reading this and and thinking of using Eircom, well consider yourself warned !!!!!!!!!!
    Hi markjbloggs ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Advertisement
Advertisement