Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Garda operation East Wall

Options
  • 18-07-2018 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭

Just looking a big swarm of Garda here in East wall. Near Bargy road end.

Must be about 20 Garda cars packed into the lane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Helicopter circling for the last 20 minutes or so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Helicopter has left, just flew over Drumcondra.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

somebody ran a checkpoint and being chased apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It's ok it's just the Irish police force acting as personal body guards for the scum bags.

Amazing how well protected they really are going to town on it but yet vulnerable and elderly are murdered in burglaries etc.

Most likely gang related so has everything to do with what I just said.

• Advertisement

Your point is invalid...... Does not compute.

I'm just saying.

It could well be training.

Could be someone hit the panick alarm all I was stating is exactly what I said and it stands whether to do with incidents or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,610 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Great bunch of lads I'm off to do some business seems though they're distracted RobbingBandit up up and away.

Was just out walking in the area and a smallish silver car sped past being chased by an unmarked Garda car. Would fit that the car broke a checkpoint alright!

Edit: forgot to say a bunch of young teen boys then followed after it, they seemed to be entertained :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I'm in Killester and a ln unmarked Garda car sped past the house chasing a car the wrong way up a one way street about 40 minutes or so ago, wonder if it's related

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Was just out walking in the area and a smallish silver car sped past being chased by an unmarked Garda car. Would fit that the car broke a checkpoint alright!

According to the Tweet. Shots fired at checkpoint and car rammed and injured two Garda.

TallGlass wrote: »
    According to the Tweet. Shots fired at checkpoint and car rammed and injured two Garda.

Hopefully there wasn't a shooting, I was a little frightened it was a gun chase because they passed by very close to me!

Found this video. Must have done something serious.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Aidan_Broderick/status/1019684863304257537/video/1

• Registered Users Posts: 82,610 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No one around here is talking about gunshots. Just the car chase and ramming a checkpoint.

Yeah I've read it on Twitter, but chatting to folks around here there's been nothing said about gunshots. I live around the corner. We could have all missed it though.

Idk, could well be someone broke a drug checkpoint either. Sounds like they got away on foot according to reports on Twitter.

I'd say the car hit a car passing the checkpoint and that might account for the loud bangs. Hopefully no body injured either way.

Idk, could well be someone broke a drug checkpoint either. Sounds like they got away on foot according to reports on Twitter.

Doubt they'll be getting to far with the helicopter over head.

Silver focus. Someone nearly got hit by the car on the malahide Road going the wrong way

• Advertisement

Silver focus. Someone nearly got hit by the car on the malahide Road going the wrong way

Yeah I could see why I couldnt even tell the make of car it went by so fast, was lucky I wasn't crossing the road, it was just off Talbot St, pretty central!

Rumor mill is in over drive.

Someone said car was involved in a shooting. Then rammed checkpoint injured two Garda. Fleed. Seemingly escaped and had time to set it on fire. All while a helicopter was over head???

I'll wait for one of the new outlets to confirm what the hell is going on.

Would seem that way, but both at the same time? Must be connected somehow. Probably some sort of big drug operation by the Gardai

This Tweet saying they arrested someone.

alanwilliam_g
    @AlanwilliamG
    · 6m
    Garda helicopter, unmarked cars speeding round East Wall, houses being checked after the chase, and someone being lead away in handcuffs #garda #helicopter pic.twitter.com/K4dQcP1Wnk

Lol, why would that result in a high speed chase :rolleyes: people will write anything for RTs

I know. Lake Garda looks great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,961 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Obviously something happened.

I don't know why the newspaper websites are captioned "breaking news" though. We heard it here first, well via twitter. The journos read twitter too don't they, and they also have their sources in AGS.

Anyway, hope no innocent person was injured in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

You can write anything on the internet. Including you.

I hate I have to write this but Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I don't know why the newspaper websites are captioned "breaking news" though.

I think it's something to do with the difference between verified events and uninformed anonymous Internet gossip.

• Advertisement

I'd prefer to know everyone is safe and no one is dead before knowing what happened.

Advertisement