Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Vrakrash leaps over the edge into the hole.

"Coming Paladin?" Vrakrash asks leaping in as well.

They land in front of the naked man, who continues to bark at them. The machines gears give off a strange dull glow.

At about this time Jeremy's magic hand pockets a few a few gems just as Sarric grabs more and dives out of the room.

The mechanisms in the bowl make a strange click and seal the entry door to the tomb and the opening to the hole Vrakrash is in, but leaving open the door to the room Iuric stands in.

Then red gas begins to pour into Iuric's room, before Retula and Mags hear a click in the ceiling in their room as the roof begins to lower.

Down in the hole Karinth turns to Vrakrash.

"Ah good, a bit of excitement, kill the nudist?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash smiles.

'Kill away and carve him up for examination if you like. I can't do anything about it.. seem to be slightly incorporeal at present.'

He swipes his transparent hand at the nudist's head.

'See?'

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash smiles.

'Kill away and carve him up for examination if you like. I can't do anything about it.. seem to be slightly incorporeal at present.'

He swipes his translucent hand at the nudist's head.

'See?'
    The nudist roars at Vrakrash before his head comes off.

Karinth cuts open the skull and starts rooting around.

"Typical old man unfortunately...let's see...okay a few anatomical differences, pretty standard for Inner World humans...no real Vivimantic opportunities."

He stands up and looks around.

"Not much good with gears and cogs, you?"

Vrakrash examines the gears and cogs.

OOC: Is he still intangible?

'No clue. Let's be careful here, our friend's lives could depend on us not being rash.'

Vrakrash examines the gears and cogs.
    Not being able to touch the cogs leaves him at a disadvantage, but Vrakrash can see the cogs and wheels are suffered with magical effects, weak cantrips mostly. They seem to channel some sort of energy, along with water, deeper into the ground via sets of twin pipes.
    'No clue. Let's be careful here, our friend's lives could depend on us not being rash.'
    "Agreed" Karinth nods "I will refrain from touching the machines in that case"

• Advertisement

Vrakrash thinks for a moment.

'Karinth... if we stopped all of the cogs at once we might be able to help them.'

He points out the set of twin pipes.

'Either we find the source of these or smash them up, hopefully that will stop them. You're going to have to do it though.'

Vrakrash looks around the pit for any exits or hidden doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

"Fumes filling a tomb is rarely a good omen" Iuric says as he looks around for the source of the gas.

Vrakrash thinks for a moment.

'Karinth... if we stopped all of the cogs at once we might be able to help them.'

He points out the set of twin pipes.

'Either we find the source of these or smash them up, hopefully that will stop them. You're going to have to do it though.'

Vrakrash looks around the pit for any exits or hidden doors.
    There is space to climb through the pipes, they continue for a bit, but a the bright light of a distant chamber can be seen.

"Smash these closest pipes Dragon?" Karinth asks.

Evade wrote: »
    "Fumes filling a tomb is rarely a good omen" Iuric says as he looks around for the source of the gas.
    The gas is seeping out through cracks in the roof brick above him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags looks up at the descending ceiling.
    "Oh dear. That might be bad news."
    Mags casts 'Enhance Ability' on Retula, using Jopaz to bolster the strength of the spell. He continues humming "I got a crush on you" while he tries to jam the ceiling using one of his light hammers.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

Iuric looks around for anything that he could use to build a fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    Then red gas begins to pour into Iuric's room, before Retula and Mags hear a click in the ceiling in their room as the roof begins to lower.

"Aaaaaaaah fudge! I told you guys to let me have a snooze before we did this!"

Retula quickly knocks twice on the sarcophagus then opens it to see what's inside.

Ooc : presume the doors out are sealed?

Iuric looks around for anything that he could use to build a fire.
    His own room is sparse enough, but the sarcophagus in Retula and Mags room looks burnable.

Banjo wrote: »
    "Aaaaaaaah fudge! I told you guys to let me have a snooze before we did this!"

Retula quickly knocks twice on the sarcophagus then opens it to see what's inside.

Ooc : presume the doors out are sealed?
    Inside the sarcophagus is a skeleton that releases some sort of Hex. Joepaz's rock washes through her as it does...

OOC: Charisma check, doors are sealed

There is space to climb through the pipes, they continue for a bit, but a the bright light of a distant chamber can be seen.

"Smash these closest pipes Dragon?" Karinth asks.

'Try it, see what happens - if nothing we head through the gap.... there'

Vrakrash points at the space.

Ooc : I can make fire. 5ft X 5ft. Iuric has seen her do it so can ask. What you need it for?

His own room is sparse enough, but the sarcophagus in Retula and Mags room looks burnable.
    Iuric tries to break of some pieces of the coffin into burnable strips.

OOC: I need to melt some candles to try stuff up the hole leaking the gas.

Ooc : Cha save 13
    What does enhance ability do btw?

Ooc : Cha save 13
    What does enhance ability do btw?
    OOC: Advantage on one ability Check, due to the way the posts came one wasn't specified in time, so I'll say it is Charisma in this case if you want, so roll again.

• Advertisement

Iuric tries to break of some pieces of the coffin into burnable strips.
    Iuric manages to break the coffin apart reasonably quickly into the pieces required.

'Try it, see what happens - if nothing we head through the gap.... there'

Vrakrash points at the space.
    "Okay, here goes..."

Karinth swings at the pipes...

Vrakrash tries to bite his own nails but fails.

OOC: Advantage on one ability Check, due to the way the posts came one wasn't specified in time, so I'll say it is Charisma in this case if you want, so roll again.

26 so

Iuric, Retula and Mags hear a strange rumble beneath their feet.

26 so
    The hex passes over Retula attempting to induce paralysis, but she concentrates on Mags tune and manages to ignore its influence.

Iuric tries to build a fire in the room with the gas and light it with his tinderbox.

Vrakrash tries to bite his own nails but fails.
    Vrakrash's vision goes a bit hazy as a blast of magical energy streams out and rips through the pipes and gears around them.

When the white fades from his eyes, the whole room is empty with shattered pipes and cogs on the floor.

Smoke comes from the room a head of them, but the cover of the hole they jumped down releases.

There is no sign of Karinth.

Vrakrash looks to Karinth.

'Perhaps you should leave, my friend. I don't think you could withstand an explosion.'

Vrakrash continues into the room with steam coming out of it.

• Advertisement

Iuric tries to build a fire in the room with the gas and light it with his tinderbox.
    A nice fire starts. The gas is getting quite dense now.

OOC: Disadvantage on Mental ability checks

Advertisement