Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    The hex passes over Retula attempting to induce paralysis, but she concentrates on Mags tune and manages to ignore its influence.

Retula apologises to the corpse, then pulls it aside looking for buttons, mechanisms... Or a cool magic thing. But mostly ceiling stoppers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula apologises to the corpse, then pulls it aside looking for buttons, mechanisms... Or a cool magic thing. But mostly ceiling stoppers
    There is nothing like that within the sarcophagus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

A nice fire starts. The gas is getting quite dense now.

OOC: Disadvantage on Mental ability checks
    Iuric throws his iron pot on the fire and puts five of his candles in it and giggles to himself "This is blasphemy"

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash looks to Karinth.

'Perhaps you should leave, my friend. I don't think you could withstand an explosion.'

Vrakrash continues into the room with steam coming out of it.
    Karinth reappears.

"Explosion? What do you mean, might the room ahead explode? You may be right, that would have severely wounded me had I not jumped into a private demiplane."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'Yes...'

He pokes his head out from the steam.

'Steam is never good - I have the advantage of being somewhat intangible. Although... I am concerned what may be above us too.'

He looks up.

'Climbing is probably beyond me, best if you check that everyone is still ok up there.'

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric throws his iron pot on the fire and puts five of his candles in it and giggles to himself "This is blasphemy"
    The candles become a nice liquid wax.

There is nothing like that within the sarcophagus.

She searches the room for buttons, plates, even tracks for the roof to descend on, commanding Hetyaro to look for something to help outside, or just peck the door in. Worst case scenario give Sarric a pecking, teach him to steal from the dead.
    If there's any moss or other targetable living matter in the walls, door, ceiling or floor, blast it.

Karinth climbs up the hole to see Iuric's fire.

"A religious man and a pyre...forgive me Iruic, what is going on here...I know you are not fond of the undead..."

He slowly goes for his sword.

She searches the room for buttons, plates, even tracks for the roof to descend on, commanding Hetyaro to look for something to help outside, or just peck the door in. Worst case scenario give Sarric a pecking, teach him to steal from the dead.
    If there's any moss or other targetable living matter in the walls, door, ceiling or floor, blast it.
    Hetyaro, now bulked up, gives Sarric a strong peck, enough to hurt him.

OOC: 1HP lost

Iuric tries to seal the gas holes with wax, still giggling to himself.

OOC: I just realised I forgot to ask how high the ceiling is

• Advertisement

Karinth climbs up the hole to see Iuric's fire.

"A religious man and a pyre...forgive me Iruic, what is going on here...I know you are not fond of the undead..."

He slowly goes for his sword.
    Iuric giggling away "I need fire to seal the fumes"

Iuric giggling away "I need fire to seal the fumes"
    Karinth sheathes his sword.

"Of course, good thinking, I'll do the sealing, I'm...resistant to this kind of thing"

He shouts to Retula.

"What's going on in there?"

Ooc : oops :)

"Iuric why aren't you hel- wait, there's another room? You didn't think to maybe mention that before I get turned into a pancake?"

She bursts into the gas room, coughing.

"Ok, this isn't better. Wait who the **** is that?" She bellows at the stranger with the big teeth going for his sword.
    She summons her Eldritch powers....

'Yes...'

He pokes his head out from the steam.

'Steam is never good - I have the advantage of being somewhat intangible. Although... I am concerned what may be above us too.'

He looks up.

'Climbing is probably beyond me, best if you check that everyone is still ok up there.'
    Vrakrash enters a room with a circular gangway around some kind of steam reactor. A strange pile of pseudo-spiritual tissue is connected to the cogs and gears of the reactor.

Vrakrash attempts to swipe his hand through the pseudo-spiritual tissue

OOC: Hey, it worked on nudie Fr. Jack's head :pac:

Ooc : oops :)

"Iuric why aren't you hel- wait, there's another room? You didn't think to maybe mention that before I get turned into a pancake?"

She bursts into the gas room, coughing.

"Ok, this isn't better. Wait who the **** is that?" She bellows at the stranger with the big teeth going for his sword.
    Giggling away pointing to Kanrith "Rankith, friend of Rashvrak and Icsarr."

Vrakrash attempts to swipe his hand through the pseudo-spiritual tissue

OOC: Hey, it work on nudie Fr. Jack's head :pac:
    Vrakrash's incorporeal form in fact touches the spiritual tissue, causing it great pain. It pulls away from the reactor in pain, destabilising it.

Vrakrash is relatively unphased by the resultant bursting of the reactor and outflow of lava.

"Ok...if you say so. *Cough*
    Hetyaro, stop necking with the monk and break that ****ing door!
    What's down this hole? A better death? Or worse?"

Karinth senses the strength in Retula and draws both his swords, swinging them in front of him as he paces in front of her.

"Retula is it then? I had a feeling this would happen, your strength and conviction are obvious. Your magic is not natural, stitched into your soul by some transcendent fiend. I will cleave you psychopomp.

My apologies Iuric, I am involving you in a fight...Iuric are you okay?" he says noticing Iuric's continued giggling and phrasing.

Suddenly, the room shakes as the floor caves into lava, Karinth casts a spell that holds part of the floor together, grabbing Iuric as he falls, he himself holding onto the bridge.

"Hang in there Paladin" he shouts down.

He looks up at Retula, watching for her next move.

Vrakrash's incorporeal form infact touches the spiritual tissue, causing it great pain. It pulls away from the reactor in pain, destabilising it.

Vrakrash is relatively unphased by the resultant bursting of the reactor and outflow of lava.

Vrakrash looks around for any other exits. The lava swirling around him gives him some comfort, reminding him of happier times in the fire god's realm.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash looks around for any other exits. The lava swirling around him gives him some comfort, reminding him of happier times in the fire god's realm.
    He swims around in the stream and manages to spot a small side flow going through an external opening.

Vrakrash follows the stream through the side flow to the opening, attempting a backstroke through the lava.

"Hang in there Paladin" he shouts down.
    Iuric looks down at his feet and starts swinging them and giggles "I am indeed hanging"

Vrakrash follows the stream through the side flow to the opening, attempting a backstroke through the lava.
    Vrakrash swims out the side vent, out to the area around Cairn 3C.

Vrakrash gets to his feet and runs back towards the central cairn as fast as he can.

He pops his head only through the same sidewall he entered previously.

Iuric looks down at his feet and starts swinging them and giggles "I am indeed hanging"
    Karinth shouts at Iuric.

"Paladin we are in mortal peril here..."

He looks at Retula and speaks calmly.

"What is the issue here Warlock...does your patron want me dead?"

Vrakrash gets to his feet and runs back towards the central cairn as fast as he can.

He pops his head only through the same sidewall he entered previously.
    He sees Karinth and Iuric hanging over a lava bridge, Retula's eldritch powers rising within her.

Vrakrash calls to Retula.

'Rettie, don't do it - they are your allies! Help them up and we will find a way to escape together!'

Retula looks for something to tie her rope to. Then remembers what happened to her rope.

"****! **** **** ****!"

I mean he's clearly undead. Like, it's totes obvs. There's no choice is there, you know the contract, you read the Ts n C's. Ok, skimmed. The first few. But it was, like, the 2nd ****ing line you can't pretend you didn't see it.

And anyway, you just met that fella, paladins are no fun anyway, besides he's clearly huffing something. It's not such a big sacrifice. Is it?

"H, get that ****ing door open or you're a pillow!

Take the shot Retty.

"Shut up, T'Clsee! Wait, Hetyaro, is the word 'immediately' anywhere in my contract?"

(Ooc : It's not)

"Dancing sword guy. I'm too weak to pull you up. And I don't have a rope. But... I kind of have a rope that might sting a little? Don't let go of him or you're a smore!"

Ooc : thorn whip Karinth dragging him ten feet, as high as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric exits the cairn, goes around back, stands 25 feet back and releases a fire bolt at the rear wall;

Advertisement