Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric examines the box by the West door.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash checks the door carefully for any signs of danger. If none, he kicks the door open and hugs the wall quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retula checks the NE door for traps and such - does Beefcake fit down here for perception boost? - before trying to open it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Fourier wrote: »
    Ocky slips into the next room just before Vrakrash and Iuric and shouts back.

"Looks safe!"

Entering, the gang see a room with three exits. East, West and NorthEast. All are metallic doors with strange boxes beside them. Even the floor is metal. Most of the writing near the doors is in unknown languages, but there is a single OuterWorld common word on the East door: "Fun".

Oils lie spilled on the ground.

I ritually cast comprehend language

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric examines the box by the West door.
    It has a thin opening at its top and strange lights pass on its surface. It looks quite sturdy, hard metallic cover.

• Advertisement

Iuric checks the door for traps and opens it if he finds none.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash checks the door carefully for any signs of danger. If none, he kicks the door open and hugs the wall quickly.
    He kicks open the door to a massive circular room with a relatively small metal podium at its center. The room is completely empty otherwise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash enters the room and examines the podium thoroughly.

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula checks the NE door for traps and such - does Beefcake fit down here for perception boost? - before trying to open it
    Hetyaro's claws make a clacking sound as he approaches the door to look at it.

No obvious traps.

Opening it, it leads to short corridor which ends in a glass door. The room beyond the glass door seems like a kitchen or something similar from the bowls on the tables.

Iuric checks the door for traps and opens it if he finds none.
    Iuric opens the door to a corridor leading to some kind of store room packed with armour and weapons, some of them smoother versions of the flintlock pistols the Northern pirates use in the OuterWorld.

• Advertisement

Iuric examines any swords that might be there.

Hetyaro's claws make a clacking sound as he approaches the door to look at it.

No obvious traps.

Opening it, it leads to short corridor which ends in a glass door. The room beyond the glass door seems like a kitchen or something similar from the bowls on the tables.

Retula takes a bit of time to look - from the outside - for cupboards/storage, what's in the bowls and whether the room is empty. Hetyaro pecks gently on the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Let's head for the center then. We can push on afterwards if we find nothing.'
    "Before breakfast?" wails Mags as he crams another ration into his maw.
    The group all descend and stand in front of large set of platinum double doors, slightly ringing in a near musical fashion.
    Mags taps the metal doors with a hammer to hear the tones produced. He makes this look like a very complicated and thorough test hoping that the new gang will think him proficient in something.
    He then notices bowls on tables and is lead by his belly towards the kitchens.
    "Errr, shouldn't we set fire to this oil on the floor now before the inevitable confrontation conflagration?"

OCC: Spells for the day:
    Cantrips: Mage Hand, Vicious Mockery
    Spells (1stlvl):Bane, Healing Word, Hideous Laughter, Thunderwave
    Spells (2nd lvl): Enhance Ability, Lesser Restoration

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags taps the metal doors with a hammer to hear the tones produced. He makes this look like a very complicated and thorough test hoping that the new gang will think him proficient in something.
    He then notices bowls on tables and is lead by his belly towards the kitchens.
    "Errr, shouldn't we set fire to this oil on the floor now before the inevitable confrontation conflagration?"
    The kitchen's bowls and cups suggest two groups, one about human sized and one certainly troll or giant sized in scale.

Several tubs of a powder lie in the cupboards, with the occasional bowl having a sticky paste stuck to it.

To drink there is a purple liquid in large bottles.

The kitchen has two other metal door exits. One to the East and one to the North.

Mags checks the other doors to see if he can hear anything beyond. If all is quiet he opens them just for a peek through before he goes back to examine the contents of the bowls and bottles. A nose and tongue, long trained in discerning the culinary offerings of taverns, music-halls, royal kitchens, street vendors and taco-shacks are both quickly brought into play as he samples the liquid in the bottle.

He uses his long forgotten background training in Bardic college as a Sage specifically as an alchemist (in the days before Woodshock opened his senses to a higher calling) to determine the contents.
    "Emmm, arrowroot, pondwater, a little ginger..."

Retula stands outside the glass watching the bard rub powder on his gums and shrugs.
    "You dodged a bullet there, abs." she remarks to her bemuscled companion.

Retula stands outside the glass watching the bard rub powder on his gums and shrugs.
    "You dodged a bullet there, abs." she remarks to her bemuscled companion.
    "You never had my grandma, Snargarsh of the Burning Blade clan, slapping your head for not trying everything at least once. She said that the best way to make Khudzúl stew was to put something scary into it."

"Dude, in the 'Fell you eat your food before it eats you, if it tastes of something it's 'cause you've stopped chewing 'cause you've just been paralysed and you're going to get cocooned and digested. That's why I let him taste things."

Kakraaaaw!

"...and I appreciate it every time. Stop wallowing. If you didn't want to be expendable you should have been born special, like me!"

"Dude, in the 'Fell you eat your food before it eats you, if it tastes of something it's 'cause you've stopped chewing 'cause you've just been paralysed and you're going to get cocooned and digested. That's why I let him taste things."

Kakraaaaw!

"...and I appreciate it every time. Stop wallowing. If you didn't want to be expendable you should have been born special, like me!"
    "I think GranMa Snar would like the Fell. Meanwhile, any idea why we are looking for a sword? I mean there is a room full of swords back there. We could put a bit of gilt and glitter on one and tell the new guy that it's magic and then we can get out of this dull place. I need a bath and a beer."

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags checks the other doors to see if he can hear anything beyond. If all is quiet he opens them just for a peek through before he goes back to examine the contents of the bowls and bottles. A nose and tongue, long trained in discerning the culinary offerings of taverns, music-halls, royal kitchens, street vendors and taco-shacks are both quickly brought into play as he samples the liquid in the bottle.

He uses his long forgotten background training in Bardic college as a Sage specifically as an alchemist (in the days before Woodshock opened his senses to a higher calling) to determine the contents.
    "Emmm, arrowroot, pondwater, a little ginger..."
    The door to the North leads to a very short corridor that terminates at a strong looking metal iris. The Eastern door heads out into a corridor that eventually turns South.

All the food is a very bland porridge, but the drink is a delecious mix of fruits, with a mild amphetameme in it. Careful tasting and...yes the hint of cinnamon...it's got the Hobbitish juice drink "Timberwine" as its base. A mild pick me up, but will have little affect on a half Ork.

• Advertisement

"Dude, no one tells me anything. I don't know what we're doing, I don't know why I'm here, I don't know how we got here - I had a ****ing afterlife to fix, a pretty-boy good-for-nothing to whip into shape, some debts to collect, I had a packed schedule! They probably summoned us just like they summoned that ****ing lunatic, Jiggy-3. Gods, I hope I'm not going to have to deal with too much of that now that I'm a big shot. Little people always have such big asks...

But anyway, he's a paladin, he said so a bunch of times. Those guys get crazy notions in their heads, real self-important delusions, and they sometimes set fire to people who don't share their world view so I say lets just go with it. He wants a sword, lets find his sword. Who knows, maybe they'll send us back, you'll get your festival, I get to keep murdering people and turning them into tattoos..."

Mags recommends the drink to the others and tells of whats through the two doors.
    "It's an iris, it's like a sphincter." he explains to the others even though he has difficulty pronouncing sphincter due to his vestigial tusks.

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I ritually cast comprehend language

As the spell resolves I start to trace out the words and they become clear to me

“Interesting !” I mumble to myself
    “What can it mean? “

The words come into focus for Jeremy. The West door reads "Sleep", the NorthEast Door "Power" and the East door "Discovery".

Iuric examines any swords that might be there.
    The swords are of good construction, though quite standardised (OOC: All deal 2d6)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ocky slips into the next room just before Vrakrash and Iuric and shouts back.

"Looks safe!"

Entering, the gang see a room with three exits. East, West and NorthEast. All are metallic doors with strange boxes beside them. Even the floor is metal. Most of the writing near the doors is in unknown languages, but there is a single OuterWorld common word on the East door: "Fun".

Oils lie spilled on the ground.

Sarric examines the oil and looks about to speculate on how it got there.

The words come into focus for Jeremy. The West door reads "Sleep", the NorthEast Door "Power" and the East door "Discovery".

I head north east
    *Ocky scout ahead*

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric examines the oil and looks about to speculate on how it got there.
    The oil heads through all three exits from the room.

• Advertisement

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I head north east
    *Ocky scout ahead*
    Ocky heads and gives the all clear to Jeremy, the room ahead, past a corridor, is merely a kitchen with Retula and Mags inside.

Advertisement