Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Fourier wrote: »
    Ocky heads and gives the all clear to Jeremy, the room ahead, past a corridor, is merely a kitchen with Retula and Mags inside.

I go through to the sphincter. I probe it with my mage hand for reactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The Iris releases. Inside Jeremy can make out a room with a bunch of yellow steel lockers.

The Iris releases. Inside Jeremy can make out a room with a bunch of yellow steel lockers.

*have a look stay behind the hand”
    I send my hand in to open the lockers while Ocky follows to tell me what’s happening up close

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags recommends the drink to the others and tells of whats through the two doors.
    "It's an iris, it's like a sphincter." he explains to the others even though he has difficulty pronouncing sphincter due to his vestigial tusks.

"Urrgh, looks like an.... Hey wait, this reminds me of a game!"

She mixes some juice with the powder.

"No wait, this game is ick..."

Jack Moore wrote: »
    *have a look stay behind the hand”
    I send my hand in to open the lockers while Ocky follows to tell me what’s happening up close
    Entering Ocky reports that there are ten lockers.

As the hand and Ocky enter, beings in armoured suits burst out six of these lockers. On their arms a strange green glow runs back and forth. One of them shoots a stream of green energy at the hand, which disapperates. They start firing at Ocky who runs back toward Jeremy, as soon as he leaves the room they stand perfectly still.

• Advertisement

Entering Ocky reports that there are ten lockers.

As the hand and Ocky enter, beings in armoured suits burst out six of these lockers. On their arms a strange green glow runs back and forth. One of them shoots a stream of green energy at the hand, which disapperates. They start firing at Ocky who runs back toward Jeremy, as soon as he leaves the room they stand perfectly still.

Fire bolt the nearest

Jack Moore wrote: »
    Fire bolt the nearest
    The firebolt smashes into the creature knocking it to the ground. At this the other suits of armour begin to advance toward the kitchen, as the toppled ones get up.

OOC: Retula and Jeremy init, I'll do Mags

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

The swords are of good construction, though quite standardised (OOC: All deal 2d6)
    "I was rather hoping they'd hid a tree in a forest but these all appear to be of average construction."

Iuric heads back to the central room and announces in a raised voice "There's a room full of weapons in there is anyone is in need of one."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Evade wrote: »
    "I was rather hoping they'd hid a tree in a forest but these all appear to be of average construction."

Iuric heads back to the central room and announces in a raised voice "There's a room full of weapons in there is anyone is in need of one."

Sarric doesn't think he needs another weapon so hesitates from going to seek the weapons out.

He hears the sound of blasts of some sort from the NorthEast.

• Advertisement

Sarric cautiously heads northeast to figure out what is blasting.

Iuric runs toward the sound of the explosions "Is anyone in need of aid?"

The firebolt smashes into the creature knocking it to the ground. At this the other suits of armour begin to advance toward the kitchen, as the toppled ones get up.

OOC: Retula and Jeremy init, I'll do Mags

Init 8

“Yeah, smite those suits please.”

Iuric enters to see the others being fired upon.

OOC: You can join second round of combat

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash pops his head out of the room he is currently investigating at the sound of the explosion and sprints his way towards them

The suits fire into the room as Jeremy runs to hide under a table. Retula summons a blade to guard the the door, attacking one of the suits as she blasts another two backward with Eldritch energy.

The one at the door steps aside for a fourth and fifth, who phase past the blade and enter the kitchen. One flips the table as the other charges a green ball of energy, releasing the torrent directly at Jeremy's face who only just manages to bring a shield up in time. The strange green flame from their arm weapons spills off the shield melting the nearby floor and tossed cutlery.

Jeremy jumps up and runs and the table flipper begins to give chase before massive Eldritch blast collides with him, embedding his clockwork workings in the wall of the kitchen.

Iuric runs past Jeremy and slices the other one in one clean swipe. It's gears spilling everywhere.

The ones still in the locker room suddenly halt.

"Mesharum?" one asks.

"Indeed I am an adherent of Mesharum. You have heard of him? Unusual outside of human circles" Iuric says with his guard still up.

"Indeed I am an adherent of Mesharum. You have heard of him? Unusual outside of human circles" Iuric says with his guard still up.
    "An OuterWorld god of Law and Order. We also work for Order and Perfection of the law.

A being of disorder attacked us recently, seeking to disturb the perfection of facility. Will you aid us in its destruction?"

"An OuterWorld god of Law and Order. We also work for Order and Perfection of the law.

A being of disorder attacked us recently, seeking to disturb the perfection of facility. Will you aid us in its destruction?"
    "One of the party I travel with?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags, not being one of those aligned to order prepares "Cutting Words" for when it all goes SHAMbolic as he hums a song of wasted youth to himself.

"Mesharum boys, Mesharum boys
    Laced up boots and corduroys
    Mesharum boys, Mesharum boys
    They call us the Cockney cowboys"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzHFXzum95w

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Ser Boros nods a bit tapping his plate mail.

"I must say you are much more erudite than the Orcs on my world Master Mags, who are mostly violent raiders"

Ser Boros nods a bit tapping his plate mail.

"I must say you are much more erudite than the Orcs on my world Master Mags, who are mostly violent raiders"
    "The drawback of a college education is to appear to be civilised." Mags growls, allowing just enough of his feral side loose to emphasise to Ser Boros that the inner 'violent raider' is never far from the surface.

Lightening his tone he continues,
    "But civilisation has it's benefits, like ice cubes in a drink and kebaboasurs on a stick."

OOC: Fourier, if I read properly you shot off two of my spell slots last night, Thunderwave and Enhance ability, right. Just checking so I don't try using them again for a while.

"Benefits indeed..."

Ser Boros straightens up to full height, although his demeanor is usually a courtly and polite one, not slouching and with a sterner expression on his face, Mags suddenly gets the impression of how tall and strong Ser Boros looks.

"...and they are good for us all, a code of conduct that controls the base natures of everyone, man and ork."

OOC: That's correct

"Benefits indeed..."

Ser Boros straightens up to full height, although his demeanor is usually a courtly and polite one, not slouching and with a sterner expression on his face, Mags suddenly gets the impression of how tall and strong Ser Boros looks.

"...and they are good for us all, a code of conduct that controls the base natures of everyone, man and ork."

OOC: That's correct
    Mags also straightens up to his full 6'9".
    "Even if we all live by a code those codes themselves may not align. Your code may tell you to kill the chaotic ones, my code tells me that I should trust me and me alone. Yet here we are, side by side and not stabbing each other. Civilised. Circumstances make strange bedfellows of us all*. Be at ease Ser Beros, for us to be at odds towards each other benefits neither."

*Bard William of the clan Shakespear. Apologies.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags also straightens up to his full 6'9".
    "Even if we all live by a code those codes themselves may not align. Your code may tell you to kill the chaotic ones, my code tells me that I should trust me and me alone. Yet here we are, side by side and not stabbing each other. Civilised. Circumstances make strange bedfellows of us all*. Be at ease Ser Beros, for us to be at odds towards each other benefits neither."

*Bard William of the clan Shakespear. Apologies.
    "Of course, old prejudices Master Mags. My father's manor was part of a county that waged a long feudal war of attrition with Ork clans that roamed the nearby mountains.

Our liege lord, the Count, was killed fighting one of their chiefs. My father, being a member of the Count's eschille never forgave himself for this and it was my duty to take down the chief.

Hmmm....doesn't matter know I suppose. All those problems are a world away, thankfully."

Ser Boros mixes the fruits juice into the porridge like powder and adds some herbs he collected outside. He divides the resultant porridge into a bowl for himself and one for Mags.

"Here you are...to civilisation and its bedfellow the arts especially music"

He tucks into his own porridge.

Mags, appreciative of the food and gesture adds a spoonful of honey-mead to the bowls and shares the snack with Ser Beros, regaling him with tales of daring and bravery of the knights of lore.
    He shows off the Godgift JoePaz aswell as his efforts to tune his leather armour while he looks enviously and admiringly at the plate armour of his new comrade.

Mags notices that Vrakrash and Sarric have entered the room.

"What was all the racket about?"
    Noticing the pair, mags and ser boras, relaxed and eating porridge, he relaxes a little himself, "Can't be in too much trouble judging by you two"

He examines the floor for signs of the oil.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash looks around, panting.

'I... heard... explosions..'

He leans against the wall.

'Need to... lay off... the... OOOH Porridge!'

He makes his way over to the table and plonks himself down beside Mags and Ser Boros.

'Any going spare?'

Advertisement