Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

sKeith wrote: »
    "What was all the racket about?"
    Noticing the pair, mags and ser boras, relaxed and eating porridge, he relaxes a little himself, "Can't be in too much trouble judging by you two"

He examines the floor for signs of the oil.
    Mags waves.
    "Ummm, metal men intent on killing those that they don't like. Yon man, Iuric, is in negotiation with them.
    If diplomacy fails they will attack non Mesharum followers. You might like to declare your fealty to Mesharum, for a while at least and then take a few minutes to catch your breath perhaps. This old soldier (pointing to Ser Beros) knows the value of rest and food."
    He divides up the food and drink.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"What was all the racket about?" .

"The Discmaster decided to pick a fight and run. Then soon as we started kicking their asses, these cogbags suddenly want to talk..."

Retula moves her Spiritual weapon up behind the most melee-ranged cogbag. Not in a threatening way, like. She just doesn't want to see a casting go to waste.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash wolfs down his porridge, realising he hadn't eaten in an age.

'So...'

He says between mouthfuls.

'After we find this sword of Iuric's - have we anything planned? Looting cairns and frolicking in the Inner World is fun and all...'

He scoffs another mouthful.

'But it's not gonna bring coin or gems to old Vrakrash here. Anyone got any.. hang on.'

He drains the bowl and licks it clean.

'As I was saying, anyone got any leads, quests - anything that we could do for some cold hard coin?'

"I know a dinosaur who pays people to pick berries and there is also a bookie who owes me and Retula at least 4 silver and 11 copper."

OldGoat wrote: »
    "I know a dinosaur who pays people to pick berries and there is also a bookie who owes me and Retula at least 4 silver and 11 copper."

'Berries? What kind of berries? Ah, never mind, need to cut back on my berry consumption.'

He gets up again and walks over to the suits of armour, examining them.

'So what's your deal? Magically trapped down in this place? And what's with the room with the podium - private members club? Cos I have gems and I'm willing to pay - if ya catch my drift.'

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Berries? What kind of berries? Ah, never mind, need to cut back on my berry consumption.'

He gets up again and walks over to the suits of armour, examining them.

'So what's your deal? Magically trapped down in this place? And what's with the room with the podium - private members club? Cos I have gems and I'm willing to pay - if ya catch my drift.'
    Sighing inwardly Mags moves into clear space and once again readies 'Cutting Word' in preparation for fan and ****e meeting.

'As I was saying, anyone got any leads, quests - anything that we could do for some cold hard coin?'

Well there's still that tower with a giant gem on it the zassanites mentioned. Youd have a matching pair, think of the earrings!"

Banjo wrote: »
    Well there's still that tower with a giant gem on it the zassanites mentioned. Youd have a matching pair, think of the earrings!"

Vrakrash turns and looks at Retula.

'A SECOND giant gem? Well why didn't you bloody tell me before?'

OOC: Vrakrash wasn't there for the original Zassan meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

OOC: Didn't he get the jist of what the group was doing after he met up with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"I didn't think to tell you sir, that was silly of me. Won't happen again sir."

• Advertisement

Vrakrash turns and looks at Retula.

'A SECOND giant gem? Well why didn't you bloody tell me before?'

Oh yeah, we met you after. Yeah there's that, and a family of undead from ancient Kyrtin that... No wait I think I killed them, cause I'm pretty much a god now... Then the void-ship full of weirdo god worshipping... Oh... Oh ****...

Evade wrote: »
    OOC: Didn't he get the jist of what the group was doing after he met up with them?

OOC: I think iirc the talk was about stopping the vampire, not sure if the gem quest was ever mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

We re enter the room

Vrakrash waves at Jeremy.

'Find anything interesting, friend? I found what appears to be some sort of adult entertainment room. Now I know why they call it the 'Fun' door, eh?'

"Jeremy! Thank goodness you're here, I was worried peace might break out. Dragon, to be honest I was afraid your wizard friend here was some kind of charlatan, but did you see the way he made himself disappear after he started that fight! Ursula reborn!"

Retula looks on the floor to see if she can locate the wizards missing spine.

"Jeremy! Thank goodness you're here, I was worried peace might break out. Dragon, to be honest I was afraid your wizard friend here was some kind of charlatan, but did you see the way he made himself disappear after he started that fight! Ursula reborn!"

“I did what in the where now ?”

Vrakrash waves at Jeremy.

'Find anything interesting, friend? I found what appears to be some sort of adult entertainment room. Now I know why they call it the 'Fun' door, eh?'

“Indeed that door was marked as discovery. The portal to this room was marked as power. “
    Re cast mage hand and send it and Ocky back into the sphincter room.

Vrakrash smirks.

'Easy now, Rettie. Not all of us are equipped for direct combat. Jeremy is important, and needs protecting... sometimes probably from himself as well.'

Jack Moore wrote: »
    “Indeed that door was marked as discovery. The portal to this room was marked as power. “
    Re cast mage hand and send it and Ocky back into the sphincter room.

'Power, eh? Interesting. Anyone else find anything of use? Gems, preferably - but weapons also.'

He follows Ocky and the mage hand into the.... sphincter room.

'Power, eh? Interesting. Anyone else find anything of use? Gems, preferably - but weapons also.'

He follows Ocky and the mage hand into the.... sphincter room.

"Iuric found weapons". Sarric shares what Iuric announced on returning to the central entrance area. ooc:#459

• Advertisement

'Weapons? Nice! I'll have to check them out.'

He looks down at his scimitar.

'Been meaning to upgrade ol' Scimmy here for a while to be honest.'

Vrakrash smirks.

'Easy now, Rettie. Not all of us are equipped for direct combat. Jeremy is important, and needs protecting... sometimes probably from himself as well.'

"If I learned one thing from those randy dwarves, it's that those of us not equipped for direct combat shouldn't be provoking direct combat. Tends to end badly."

Once the SW expires, she trundles along to look for a new simple finesse weapon in the pile...

Mags sighs as again he lets down his guard while others wander off. He returns to the table and discusses the finer point of armour maintenance with Ser Boros, showing him the book he got from an armourer. Together they make what repairs they can to the dents and scratches that time has accumulated on their leather and plate protection.
    "...and then after quenching in oil you reheat the iron to anneal it. If you had a dragon in the forge it would be helpful..."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"What was all the racket about?"
    Noticing the pair, mags and ser boras, relaxed and eating porridge, he relaxes a little himself, "Can't be in too much trouble judging by you two"

He examines the floor for signs of the oil.
    Again the oil can be traced to leave all exits in the room.

Evade wrote: »
    "One of the party I travel with?"
    "Possibly...A man, a wizard of some sort, is that right?"

They look at each other.

"If so, a member of the faith militant of Mesharum must have a reason for traveling with one like this. What ultimate purpose does he serve for you?"

"Not trapped, we live to serve.

The podium activates the..."

They look confused.

"...most of the outer world is no advanced enough to have the concept, so it seems your Common lacks it...a floor that descends is one way to explain it

We desire no payment."

'Weapons? Nice! I'll have to check them out.'

He looks down at his scimitar.

'Been meaning to upgrade ol' Scimmy here for a while to be honest.'
    In one of the lockers in the room the cogmen came from, Vrakrash spots a double edged bastard sword made from some strange metal.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags sighs as again he lets down his guard while others wander off. He returns to the table and discusses the finer point of armour maintenance with Ser Boros, showing him the book he got from an armourer. Together they make what repairs they can to the dents and scratches that time has accumulated on their leather and plate protection.
    "...and then after quenching in oil you reheat the iron to anneal it. If you had a dragon in the forge it would be helpful..."
    Ser Boros replies with some helpful armour hints of his own.

"...of course really the stuff shouldn't be worn when one walks about, you should have a squire. Though that is for formalised combat, not the raiding we engage in"

Fourier wrote: »
    "Not trapped, we live to serve.

The podium activates the..."

They look confused.

"...most of the outer world is no advanced enough to have the concept, so it seems your Common lacks it...a floor that descends is one way to explain it

We desire no payment."

"Do yous need some assistance, you seem to be in disrepair and are spewing oil all over the place, maybe I can help mend you."

• Advertisement

"If I learned one thing from those randy dwarves, it's that those of us not equipped for direct combat shouldn't be provoking direct combat. Tends to end badly."

Once the SW expires, she trundles along to look for a new simple finesse weapon in the pile...
    She finds a few daggers in the weapons room Iuric uncovered earlier.

Advertisement