Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    "Do yous need some assistance, you seem to be in disrepair and are spewing oil all over the place, maybe I can help mend you."
    "Yes, in truth we have not been serviced for some time, it would be appreciated"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "Not trapped, we live to serve.

The podium activates the..."

They look confused.

"...most of the outer world is no advanced enough to have the concept, so it seems your Common lacks it...a floor that descends is one way to explain it

We desire no payment."
    In one of the lockers in the room the cogmen came from, Vrakrash spots a double edged bastard sword made from some strange metal.

Vrakrash grabs the sword and gives it a bit of a swing, checking first to make sure no one is in range.

Then he re-enters the kitchen.

'Interesting. I'm keeping this, hope you don't mind - here's an Outer World sword as payment.'

He takes a look at his scimitar for one last time before handing it to the cogman in charge.

'So this podium.. care to show me how it works one of you?'

OOC: What sort of stats has my new weapon got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric has one of the cog bots sit at the table and spends as much time as is necessary to understand the mechanisms at play, and service as best he can.
    "Well, thats the best I can do lad, hope its an improvement, if it is, maybe your friends could do with a service too."

Necrominus wrote: »
    He takes a look at his scimitar for one last time before handing it to the cogman in charge.

'So this podium.. care to show me how it works one of you?'

OOC: What sort of stats has my new weapon got?
    The cogman looks at him oddly.

"I cannot take your sword Golden Dragon derivative Class G2, it is not permitted for us to carry weapons of that sort."

OOC: 1d10 Slashing, Heavy, Versatile

Sarric has one of the cog bots sit at the table and spends as much time as is necessary to understand the mechanisms at play, and service as best he can.
    "Well, thats the best I can do lad, hope its an improvement, if it is, maybe your friends could do with a service too."
    The Cogman comes away in much better shape. The rest line up for a servicing.

• Advertisement

"I cannot take your sword Golden Dragon derivative Class G2, it is not permitted for us to carry weapons of that sort."

Sarric notices his verbosity of detail,
    "what can you tell me about this item, in as much detail as you know.",
    showing the cog man one of the high elven wizard wands.

The Cogman comes away in much better shape. The rest line up for a servicing.
    Sarric obliges.

Vrakrash places his scimitar in his backpack.

'Ol' Scimmy might be needed yet, I guess. Perhaps as a backup.'

He wields his new sword.

'Oh yes.. I like this. I'd harbour a guess it's as powerful as that Durandal sword Iuric is on about.'

He smirks.

'Joking of course. This podium... anyone want to take a look - Sarric perhaps? You seem fairly technically minded.'

Sarric notices his verbosity of detail,
    "what can you tell me about this item, in as much detail as you know.",
    showing the cog man one of the high elven wizard wands.
    "A Moon forged sword from you third age (OOC: 10,000 years ago). There were less than 1,000 according to our databases. Rare for one to survive to today, many were lost in the dwarven wars.

There are no dwarves here in the outer world, save that colony to the North, you may be glad to hear."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

I enter the room of the cog men and cast an illusion. Bag of gems 500lbs approx

• Advertisement

'Joking of course. This podium... anyone want to take a look - Sarric perhaps? You seem fairly technically minded.'
    "We hold the key to the podium if you wish to descend. However we must first destroy him"

He points at Jeremy.

"A Moon forged sword from you third age (OOC: 10,000 years ago). There were less than 1,000 according to our databases. Rare for one to survive to today, many were lost in the dwarven wars.

There are no dwarves here in the outer world, save that colony to the North, you may be glad to hear."

"Interesting, and this one?" Sarric shows the other wand.

"Interesting, and this one?" Sarric shows the other wand.
    "The same, though higher quality"

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I enter the room of the cog men and cast an illusion. Bag of gems 500lbs approx
    A bag of gems appear next to Ser Boros.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

She finds a few daggers in the weapons room Iuric uncovered earlier.

She grabs a handful , ensures the room is clear and then throws them into the air in front of her while chanting "Loomi en' sikila retula!" to see how it looks.

Not great, truth be told, but it might pass muster.
    She's very sensitive about how few spells she can cast , a little sleight of hand might be useful down the line. .

A bag of gems appear next to Ser Boros.

Vrakrash turns around and eyes the gems.

'Citra's flaming turds! Ser Boros - look at the gems! Have you been hiding them from me, you scamp?'

Vrakrash turns around and eyes the gems.

'Citra's flaming turds! Ser Boros - look at the gems! Have you been hiding them from me, you scamp?'
    "Hardly, I noticed the mage's hands move...either an illusion or a little plane where he hides them"

"We hold the key to the podium if you wish to descend. However we must first destroy him"

He points at Jeremy.

"For what reason do you want to destroy our wizard friend? I have assisted you and you would return that favor by insulting my choice of companions. Please explain."

"For what reason do you want to destroy our wizard friend? I have assisted you and you would return that favor by insulting my choice of companions. Please explain."
    "He fired at us, we have no quarrel with you noble Elf"

He points at Jeremy.

Vrakrash turns back from the gems.

'Er... no. Not happening. Way I see it, you attacked him, he attacked you - Rettie beat the tar out of a few of you... even steven man. So I'd like to descend, please.'

He frowns.

'Don't make me ask twice.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retula pockets her new "spell" and wanders back to the kitchen, catching the tail end of the conversation. She looks around for popcorn.

"He fired at us, we have no quarrel with you noble Elf"

"Drop your revenge on my friend or i'll show you what duel wielded moon swords can really do. A quarrel between you and my friend will not end well for you."

Vrakrash turns back from the gems.

'Er... no. Not happening. Way I see it, you attacked him, he attacked you - Rettie beat the tar out of a few of you... even steven man. So I'd like to descend, please.'

He frowns.

'Don't make me ask twice.'
    The cog men look at each other confused.

"Perhaps we have misunderstood. We dismissed a spell that was disturbing the room, then Number Three received a rank one natural violation of the fire class to his torso. [Untranslatable phrase] places the point of origin at your friend's location."

"Drop your revenge on my friend or i'll show you what duel wielded moon swords can really do. A quarrel between you and my friend will not end well for you."
    "We must do our duty, though we know we will most likely fail"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

I cast an illusion a 5 tone block of lead over that tin mans head

"whom or what do you serve? What duty is suicide? "

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I cast an illusion a 5 tone block of lead over that tin mans head
    The cog man jumps back into the room he came from.

The others side step out of the way.

"There are large violations of natural law in the kitchen, I will remain here brethren" the one who jumped back says.

"whom or what do you serve? What duty is suicide? "
    "The Clockwork King, or rather his principles.

Duty is your closest word, but the meaning is not quite right"

The cog men look at each other confused.

"Perhaps we have misunderstood. We dismissed a spell that was disturbing the room, then Number Three received a rank one natural violation of the fire class to his torso. [Untranslatable phrase] places the point of origin at your friend's location."

'Way I see it, the guy was probably having a look around in case of danger. You fired on him, he returned fire. Then you fought with others who came to his aid. No need for any more violence... but if you attack I will cut you all down.'

• Advertisement

"I request an audience with your clockwork king, he will straighten out why you are in error, don't displease him just because your sensors are in error. As you said you are in disrepair and have not been serviced properly in a long time."

Advertisement