Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Ser Boros holds his head. Then stands up.

"A divine vision of some sorts...Jeremy, can you make the illusion of a portal?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: Variety of balls? I am assuming the kind used to play popular field sports.

Ooc : brightly coloured bouncy ones, a foot above the floor

Banjo wrote: »
    Ooc : brightly coloured bouncy ones, a foot above the floor
    The balls fall to the ground and begin bouncing around the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Ser Boros holds his head. Then stands up.

"A divine vision of some sorts...Jeremy, can you make the illusion of a portal?"

I try

"what the actual ****....?"

Retula takes out her spell daggers and begins marking the hilts with differing numbers of letters of her name.
    Then she casts minor illusion again - a wand of Create Demiplane

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash sits down on one half of the split bench and rubs his eyes.

'These... illusions... seem to be coming to life?'

He kicks at one of the balls bouncing on the ground.

A portal opens up in the kitchen.

Then it shifts colour and expands.

The Butcher steps out into the sealed kitchen environment.

"Thank you Jeremy and Ser Boros, I will simply beat you into unconsciousness..."

He looks around the room.

"...the rest of you will not be so lucky."

vh7wfC.jpg

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash sits down on one half of the split bench and rubs his eyes.

'These... illusions... seem to be coming to life?'

He kicks at one of the balls bouncing on the ground.

Yeah grab my bag gems between ye and come on

"Thank you Jeremy and Ser Boros, I will simply beat you into unconsciousness..."

vh7wfC.jpg

Minor illusion a Bottomless pit directly under the butcher

vh7wfC.jpg

Retula aims her wand of Demiplanes at the floor under the butcher. If he falls in she drops the LA dagger in after him and closes it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

"Possibly...A man, a wizard of some sort, is that right?"

They look at each other.

"If so, a member of the faith militant of Mesharum must have a reason for traveling with one like this. What ultimate purpose does he serve for you?"
    Iuric takes a moment to consider his response and while thinking sees all sorts of shenanigans erupt around him.

"We rescued him, in a manner of speaking, from some mess he had found himself in and he fell in with us. I had thought he was harmless albeit naive but now..." he gestures to the wackiness "I believe he is an agent of pure chaos. I don't believe his intent is evil, demon summoning aside, but actions have consequences."

EDIT: OOC: Are illusions real in this valley?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash smirks.

'You again? Didn't we kick the crap out of you enough the first time? Very well then, ready to feel the burn!'

Vrakrash casts Chromatic Orb directly at the Butcher.

OOC: Lightning damage, fry him alive/undead in his suit, if either of Retula or Jeremy's illusions work, send Orb after The Butcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

After hearing that illusions might become real Mags generates 'Magehand' and jams it's fingers into the Butchers mouth hoping to disrupt any spellchanting that might be going on.

"This Butcher, is he magical or brute force? How do we fight it?"

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric takes a moment to consider his response and while thinking sees all sorts of shenanigans erupt around him.

"We rescued him, in a manner of speaking, from some mess he had found himself in and he fell in with us. I had thought he was harmless albeit naive but now..." he gestures to the wackiness "I believe he is an agent of pure chaos. I don't believe his intent is evil, demon summoning aside, but actions have consequences."

EDIT: OOC: Are illusions real in this valley?

“You rescued me!? I found your poxy sword and before that I teleported you away from certain death in a building crumbling out of reality. You a a fool and an ungrateful one at that.”

Minor illusion I wrap Iruic in bondage gear.it dosent impede him in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Jack Moore wrote: »
    “You rescued me!? I found your poxy sword and before that I teleported you away from certain death in a building crumbling out of reality. You a a fool and an ungrateful one at that.”
    "We rescued your rescuer so in a manner of speaking we did rescue you. Now cease you jabbering" (OOC:Being magnanimous has its limits). Iuric sheathes his sword, shrugs, and says to the armoured suit "Do as you must, I'll not stand in the way of justice."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OOC: Mags rolls a History check to see if Leeroy Jenkins actually survived the legendary Blackrock Spire encounter
    Iuric sheathes his sword, shrugs, and says to the armoured suit "Do as you must, I'll not stand in the way of justice."
    "Wait, one foe at a time! Don't open another front to fight on."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

"We rescued your rescuer so in a manner of speaking we did rescue you. Now cease you jabbering" (OOC:Being magnanimous has its limits). Iuric sheathes his sword, shrugs, and says to the armoured suit "Do as you must, I'll not stand in the way of justice."

Ooc; the suits are no longer in the room

OOC : Well actually Jhgis III is - at least currently - an animated suit of armour with a mean streak. So there is still a suit in the room, at least for as long as he can Wile E Coyote his legs over that bottomless pit you magicked under him.

Banjo wrote: »
    OOC : Well actually Jhgis III is - at least currently - an animated suit of armour with a mean streak. So there is still a suit in the room, at least for as long as he can Wile E Coyote his legs over that bottomless pit you magicked under him.

Ooc
    He likes me, he’s killing me last.

• Advertisement

OOC : Yeah, I remember when he said that...

And to make matters worse there's a bottomless pit in the room....

The Butcher is slammed into the wall by Vrakrash's Chromatic Orb before Retula's gateway opens beneath him.

As he pulls himself out of the wall, a strange effect drains the colour from the room and his armour collapses. The kitchen doors release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

The Butcher is slammed into the wall by Vrakrash's Chromatic Orb before Retula's gateway opens beneath him.

As he pulls himself out of the wall, a strange effect drains the colour from the room and his armour collapses. The kitchen doors release.

Sarri rushes and quickly throws the armour into the gateway.

The armour falls through before the gateway itself closes.

A calm voice speaks in the kitchen, from a strange box that unfolds from the wall.

"You wanted an audience, please use the [Unknown phrase]..."

It pauses

"...the podium the Golden Dragon humanoid found"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"If we can portal to the sword, can we do that instead? Or was the portal some trick the butcher played on Ser Boras and Jeremy?"

sKeith wrote: »
    "If we can portal to the sword, can we do that instead? Or was the portal some trick the butcher played on Ser Boras and Jeremy?"
    The voice considers for a while.

"Most likely the latter, I hold the only entry to the sword's location"

Already being monochrome, Retula is unperturbed but the others look a bit weird. Delighted at having a working wand of Demiplane, she tries opening another new one, then casting a minor illusion of a planar gate into it, and drops in the TU dagger.

I turn to the door that the armour are outside.

Retula's magic appears not to work. Nothing happens as she makes the gestures.

• Advertisement

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I turn to the door that the armour are outside.
    The suits just look through the glass aperture in the door, still nervous.

Advertisement