Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Fourier wrote: »
    Retula's magic appears not to work. Nothing happens as she makes the gestures.

Ooc oh good no magic
    I have a stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"Where is that podium vrakrash? Shall we go have a look at it?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote:
    "Where is that podium vrakrash? Shall we go have a look at it?"

Vrakrash shrugs. 'Nothing else to do. Jeremy stay behind me, I will shield you from danger.'

Vrakrash takes the lead and heads back to the podium room.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"who's going to shield the danger from him though?" Retula mutters, following at a distance and trying to fire off the occasional illusion to test the bounds of the antimagic field.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

As they approach the podium, the group sees their magic still does not work.

The voice speaks again.

"Dragon, lift the lid on top of the podium and push the red button beneath"

• Advertisement

Vrakrash looks to the others.

'Sarric, weapons to hand whilst I lift this lid at least.'

He lifts the lid carefully and if nothing happens, presses the big red button.

OOC:

tenor.gif?itemid=5712598

Steam comes out of the sides of the room as it begins to descend.

Slowly it retreats into the earth. When it stops a small metal door lies on its East end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric joins the group ready for any surprises when Vrakrash pushes the button.

Vrakrash draws his weapons and proceeds through the door.

Iuric walks up beside Vrakrash, "If this truly is the sword what next? Do you need aid tracking down the master of that undead domain?"

• Advertisement

Sarric follows thinking how deep do they need to go to flip around again, then pushes the thought away and thinks solely about covering the party.

I draw ready my staff, it has a knob on the end .

The door opens out into an underground city with a bustling population. Light from strips high on the steel ceiling give the illusion of sunlight. A gigantic robot walks the city and approaches the gangway on which he party stand.

"You come for the sword?" it asks.

2Hfdos.jpg

"Yes. I seek to wield Durandal" Iuric calls out to the titan trying to not sound intimidated.

"Hi big guy, what name do you go by?"

Evade wrote: »
    "Yes. I seek to wield Durandal" Iuric calls out to the titan trying to not sound intimidated.
    A light emits from near its left eye and scans the symbol on Iuric's chest.

"A devotee of Mesharum. The guardians did not err. Your cause is noble then. Follow me to there..."

He points across to the center of the city where a giant black gate with star points in it lies.

As he turns the group notice a large cut in his back, not repaired.

sKeith wrote: »
    Hi big guy, what name do you go by?"
    "The Clockwork King they call me now"

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric walks up beside Vrakrash, "If this truly is the sword what next? Do you need aid tracking down the master of that undead domain?"

'Perhaps. I want to be sure The Butcher is truly dead first as well. I also promised a spider back in the GigaDark I would try to unite his colonies should I return.'

"The Clockwork King they call me now"

Sarric bows down before the king. Then when it moves off he quickly follows.

"A devotee of Mesharum. The guardians did not err. Your cause is noble then. Follow me to there..."

He points across to the center of the city where a giant black gate with star points in it lies.

'Clockwork King, eh? You might know Flagg then. Tell him Vrakrash is still alive. Someday he will taste my steel.'

Vrakrash heads for the gate following the Clockwork King.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If illusions are still on the fritz, Retula searches her bag for the can opener she stole from those chairbound spirits.

**am I getting judged ?**

Jack Moore wrote: »
    **am I getting judged ?**
    **We'll see buddy, I can't get much of a read on this guy**

Iuric follows the king taking in the sights of the city along the way.

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Clockwork King, eh? You might know Flagg then. Tell him Vrakrash is still alive. Someday he will taste my steel.'

Vrakrash heads for the gate following the Clockwork King.
    "Flagg the slaver? How did you come to know him?

Not a former slave I hope"

The city itself is one of high cathedral like towers and technological versions of Tenser's floating disk carrying citizens between the high floors of different buildings. The population is mostly human with some elf and the odd robot. It's very high rise, but in total there are only twenty or so buildings.

"The valley's magic is very dangerous, but comes from a wonderful power source. I have learned to nullify the magic and take the natural power, no magic works here. It's stellar magic you see, from a dying star that fell to our world."

He brings them to the city center where the portal lies.

"The sword lies in a pocket realm, where the stellar core also resides. I have no problem with the just seeking it, but it is dangerous I should tell you"

**We'll see buddy, I can't get much of a read on this guy**

** if I die you ll be ok right?**

Jack Moore wrote: »
    ** if I die you ll be ok right?**
    **Back in the demon pits. It's a rough world man, rather be here in the material. Plain sailing place you got here, no constant war for supremacy.**

"The sword lies in a pocket realm, where the stellar core also resides. I have no problem with the just seeking it, but it is dangerous I should tell you"
    "I had heard but to wield Durandal in the name of justice..." Iuric steps through the portal.

"Flagg the slaver? How did you come to know him?

Not a former slave I hope"

Vrakrash bristles.

'Flagg killed my entire family! Subjicated me for nearly a decade... I fought back, but the uprising was brief and bloody. Escaped with my life barely. Bastard left me with this though.'

Vrakrash raises his armour and shows a long, jagged scar along his midriff.

'As I said, tell him Vrakrash says hello. With any luck he'll come here looking for me and get lost for all eternity.'

• Advertisement

"Well if Iuric's going, we must follow. A being of such perfection would only choose his course after deliberations and counter deliberations we can barely fathom, but can only bask in awe of" Karinth says with pride in his voice and steps through.

The others feel a strong compulsion to follow.

Advertisement