Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Ooc is it the portal I saw?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Jack Moore wrote: »
    Ooc is it the portal I saw?
    Jeremy looks at the portal closely. Identical to the one he saw in the crystal ball.

Fourier wrote: »
    Jeremy looks at the portal closely. Identical to the one he saw in the crystal ball.

I step through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric runs and dives into the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"Well if Iuric's going, we must follow. A being of such perfection would only choose his course after deliberations and counter deliberations we can barely fathom, but can only bask in awe of" Karinth says with pride in his voice and steps through.

The others feel a strong compulsion to follow.

Ooc : even those of us who didn't get a dominance roll?

Retula follows. Because she chooses to so there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash points his new weapon at the Clockwork King.

'Don't forget now.'

He turns and follows the others through the portal.

Banjo wrote: »
    Ooc : even those of us who didn't get a dominance roll?

Retula follows. Because she chooses to so there.
    OOC: You're right Mags and Retula head of their own accord.

Hetyaro nods approvaingly at Retula's independent choice to enter the gate, she goes where she wants.

He then enters the gate as the bond of Sentinelship demands.

"dude, I don't need your bull**** paternal validation, I'm a strong independent woman!"

Kakraaaw!

"I'm not gonna look and I wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway. Why can't you make it more obvious, like that nontopus over there?"

The group appear on the other side of the portal. In front of them a brown stone corridor, ending in a small set of stone doors.

Standing at the doors are two high elven guardian monks.

Fourier wrote:
    Standing at the doors are two high elven guardian monks.

Vrakrash gestures to Sarric.

'These seem like your type of people. Perhaps you should do the talking here.'

• Advertisement

Sarric approaches the monks. "Hello there brothers. What ya doing standing around down here?"

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric approaches the monks. "Hello there brothers. What ya doing standing around down here?"
    "We guard the door. Your Ki is strong brother, where did you train? Your Ki has a human quality."

"We guard the door. Your Ki is strong brother, where did you train? Your Ki has a human quality."

Sarric looks at the two monks ki and looks for percularities in their ki.

"Where does the door lead?

As for where I trained, first i need to know where we are now? I traveled here by portal, so until I can position myself, I can not properly answer your geography question."

Sarric looks at the two monks ki and looks for percularities in their ki.

"Where does the door lead?

As for where I trained, first i need to know where we are now? I traveled here by portal, so until I can position myself, I can not properly answer your geography question."
    Their Ki is pure and calm, though without the strength of Sarric's, in short he knows he could take these monks, and they know that too.

"You lie in a demiplane formed when a star landed in the valley, the ancient alien magics of the stars core created this place. This building was constructed in ancient times to keep the power contained. However, given its construction, it is also suited to housing many other wonders and dangers."

Their Ki is pure and calm, though without the strength of Sarric's, in short he knows he could take these monks, and they know that too.

"You lie in a demiplane formed when a star landed in the valley, the ancient alien magics of the stars core created this place. This building was constructed in ancient times to keep the power contained. However, given its construction, it is also suited to housing many other wonders and dangers."

"I trained in the outter world.

Iuric here," points Iuric out," wishes to enter the building to retrieve the sword of dundural.
    Is this a simple task or do you foresee dangers inside which would need my entire party to accompany him?
    or maybe you know its whereabouts and can run and fetch it for us?"

"I trained in the outter world.

Iuric here," points Iuric out," wishes to enter the building to retrieve the sword of dundural.
    Is this a simple task or do you foresee dangers inside which would need my entire party to accompany him?
    or maybe you know its whereabouts and can run and fetch it for us?"
    "I would suggest all of you, unless he is possessed of significant strength. I know not where the sword is, as we have only venture a small bit in on occasion."

"I would suggest all of you, unless he is possessed of significant strength. I know not where the sword is, as we have only venture a small bit in on occasion."

"Okay, wish us luck, is there anything we can bring you back?"

"Okay, wish us luck, is there anything we can bring you back?"
    They open the doors.

"No not at all, I would advise leaving when it gets too much"

Vrakrash nods at the two monks and stays close to Jeremy as he moves through the doors after Sarric.

He turns to Retula.

'Rettie... I know you like your magic a lot. Tell me honestly, how helpful can you be in a fight if something were to happen whilst this... magic block is in place?'

The monks overhear.

"Worry not, the block is created at the door to contain what is within. Past the doors magic functions normally. Perhaps a bit stronger in places."

• Advertisement

Sarric recalls his time at blackmoor and asks the guards, "is there a secret knock to get the doors to open again?"

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash nods at the two monks and stays close to Jeremy as he moves through the doors after Sarric.

He turns to Retula.

'Rettie... I know you like your magic a lot. Tell me honestly, how helpful can you be in a fight if something were to happen whilst this... magic block is in place?'

"Who to, you or me? Cause I'm gonna run like ****. If I could fight I wouldn't need to sell my soul for a magic rope and a few illusions."

Banjo wrote: »
    "Who to, you or me? Cause I'm gonna run like ****. If I could fight I wouldn't need to sell my soul for a magic rope and a few illusions."

'As I suspected. It appears it won't be an issue anyways if the Chuckle Brothers are to be believed. Let's head through and get you two re-magicked up!'

Sarric recalls his time at blackmoor and asks the guards, "is there a secret knock to get the doors to open again?"
    "No, we stop the mad or corrupt from entering. Leaving you can do as you wish.

If what lay within ever managed to reach these doors, well there is little we could do to stop it, so no point in stopping others from getting out."

"Thank you brothers, see you soon."
    with that, Sarric crosses the threshold.

“Unless time is pressing I advise we take a short break to regain our strengths”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric crosses he threshold. "Thank you Sarric, if there is any task you need aid with do not hesitate to ask."

They enter a room with six thick pillars stretching up toward a domed roof.

Depicted on the pillars are snakes and other jungle beasts.

The only exit is to the South, up a set of stairs.

Jack Moore wrote: »
    “Unless time is pressing I advise we take a short break to regain our strengths”

Retula shrugs. "They do seem to be in a hurry - but hey, the 'i told you so' we get to hit em with is going to be epic!"

She follows, raven in tow, commanding him to sweep the columns for signs of life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric looks at the stairs trying to see where it leads.

Advertisement