Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Up the stairs the temple walls begin to give way in places to a metallic overlay of more recent technology. The room at the end of the stairs, from what can be seen at the stair's bottom, seems to be half old and half new.

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula shrugs. "They do seem to be in a hurry - but hey, the 'i told you so' we get to hit em with is going to be epic!"

She follows, raven in tow, commanding him to sweep the columns for signs of life
    The columns have no life or spells, just pillars it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric carefully ascends the stairs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash follows, sword drawn and gesturing for Jeremy to stay close.

'Magic may have returned, but I would still protect you if you would allow it.'

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric carefully ascends the stairs.
    The room has several stone idols in it, placed on various alters. Though some have had their heads removed and replaced with metal heads and wires for some reason.

A group of four, dressed like adventurers, lie in the middle of the room covered in darts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"whaddya think.... Murder-suicide pact?"

She thorn whips the leg of the nearest to drag them over for examination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"could be they set off some trap in the room."

"whaddya think.... Murder-suicide pact?"

She thorn whips the leg of the nearest to drag them over for examination
    The body is that of an elven warrior, torso painted with spiral tattoos.

Clear signs of poisoning around the mouth, which has turned blue.

sKeith wrote: »
    "could be they set off some trap in the room."
    "Most likely" Iuric looks into the room for any sign of pressure plates or dart launchers.

"Most likely" Iuric looks into the room for any sign of pressure plates or dart launchers.
    Moving slowly and carefully, he finds both. Dart tubes hidden in the walls and two slightly out of place stones.

He also spots the exit from the room to the South, a metal hatch attached to the original stone walls.

• Advertisement

Retula searchrs the body for valuables, then casts minor illusion into the middle of the room, in case it's more magiphobic over-reaction. (5ft tall generic dwarven fighter)

Nothing happens to the illusory dwarf.

On one of the bodies, which gives a shock, some kind of spider humanoid, she finds a emerald key, but little else of value.

Fourier wrote: »
    Moving slowly and carefully, he finds both. Dart tubes hidden in the walls and two slightly out of place stones.

He also spots the exit from the room to the South, a metal hatch attached to the original stone walls.
    Iuric points out the traps to the group before moving over to the hatch and examining it.

Sarric recovers darts from the bodies until his stock is back to 10.

Iuric points out the traps to the group before moving over to the hatch and examining it.
    A pressure handle seems to be the way to open the hatch.

Outside is a long ramp sloping down to the SouthWest.

Vrakrash follows Iuric towards the hatch - taking care to avoid the stones he has pointed out, keeping guard whilst Iuric inspects the hatch.

Retula shows the key to Hetyaro.
    "This smell funny to you?

If he has no objections, yoink.

She tries to form a condescending jibe about spider women and Dragonborn but it just won't come. That damned antimagic field had knocked out her awesome wit. Wait, dies that mean it was part of the pact?

Retula shows the key to Hetyaro.
    "This smell funny to you?

If he has no objections, yoink.
    Hetyaro smells the key, nothing odd to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash follows, sword drawn and gesturing for Jeremy to stay close.

'Magic may have returned, but I would still protect you if you would allow it.'

“Thanks, I’m glad to see you remember that I tried to help you in the first battle with the butcher.”

Jack Moore wrote: »
    “Thanks, I’m glad to see you remember that I tried to help you in the first battle with the butcher.”

'Of course, Jeremy. Where you lack in physical attributes you make up for in the mental and magical.'

• Advertisement

A pressure handle seems to be the way to open the hatch.

Outside is a long ramp sloping down to the SouthWest.
    Iuric opens the hatch, turns to Vrakrash "we're so close I can almost smell it" and then jumps on the slide. "Ritter Vor"

Iuric slides down into a room an entirely stone temple room with twelve dead adventurers, two of which are skeletons with cooked black shin bones and walls covered in cuneiform in some unknown language.

The only piece of modern technology is another of the podiums.

There is a corridor leading West, and a door on the room's North wall.

Vrakrash looks to the others.

'Oh well - off we go!'

He dives down the slide after Iuric.

Sarric slowly descends the ramp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Ocky and I do it jap style

"Wheeeeeeeeeeee"

"Ok, practice over. You go back fit down here?"
    Retula follows

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OOC: How high is the slide?

"I'll wait here for a few minutes in case ye need a rope tied off to climb back out. Anyone got a rope?"

Mags takes a short rest at the top of the slide.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    OOC: How high is the slide?

"I'll wait here for a few minutes in case ye need a rope tied off to climb back out. Anyone got a rope?"

Mags takes a short rest at the top of the slide.
    When he wakes the bodies in the room are gone. A spider like creature crawls the walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

When he wakes the bodies in the room are gone. A spider like creature crawls the walls.
    Mags backs up till he's standing by the slide.
    "Eeer, helloo?" he says to the spidery figure in all the languages he knows (orc, common, elf, dwarf).
    "Did you take the bodies? There was a spidery looking body here, was that a friend of yours? Just to put you at ease, he was dead when we got here and we totally didn't kill him."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

The rest of the group, aside from Mags who is on his rest, slide into the same room as Iuric.

Advertisement