Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Once they're all through the north door, retula whips a few bodies across to try and create a small blockade. Or kindling. Grabbing any obvious gear, natch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Jack Moore wrote: »
    Ooc oooh shiney
    The skull
    OOC: Everybody in the room make Wisdom checks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Fourier wrote: »

Ooc To be clear I am not in the room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric creeps stealthly down the west exit keeping to the shadows where possible.

OOC: Has this taken effect?

Ooc : 21 - wait, have the trouble twins done me in again?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OOC: 17, somehow... given my -2 modifier

OOC: Has this taken effect?
    OOC: I'll give you the choice, either are possible depending on Sarric's speed.

OOC: I'll give you the choice, either are possible depending on Sarric's speed.

OOC: West exit as described then. I'll roll if needed.

The skull sends out strange waves into Vrakrash and Retula's minds. The stresses threatened to rip them apart, Vrakrash feels a trickle of blood run down his face from his left ear.

However they both keep it together and find they can now psychically communicate.

OOC: West exit as described then. I'll roll if needed.
    Sarric enters to a technological room, green writing in InnerWorld Common streams across black screens in the corner, four beasts:

R5JYwk.jpg

are gnawing on a human corpse.

They do not see Sarric.

To the South, past them, is a door.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash looks at Retula strangely.

**Am I mad or can you hear this? My mouth isn't moving...**

**WOAH!-OH!-oh-o-.**

**ECHO!-CHO!-oh-o-.**

(ooc : I take it Jeremy has the crystal skull now?)

Retula starts shaking down bodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Ooc Can Ocky communicate with Vrakrash and Retula now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric spent all that time trying to get a stone out of his boot.

OOC: Wisdom check was 8 if that applied to Iuric.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags backs up till he's standing by the slide.
    "Eeer, helloo?" he says to the spidery figure in all the languages he knows (orc, common, elf, dwarf).
    "Did you take the bodies? There was a spidery looking body here, was that a friend of yours? Just to put you at ease, he was dead when we got here and we totally didn't kill him."
    The spider understands Elfish and turns to Mags. In addition to his spider like pincer mouth, he has a humanoid one.

"No, no friend of mine arrived here a few years after me.

You a full Orc?" he says, saliva dripping from his fangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The spider understands Elfish and turns to Mags. In addition to his spider like pincer mouth, he has a humanoid one.

"No, no friend of mine arrived here a few years after me.

You a full Orc?" he says, saliva dripping from his fangs.
    "I'm mixed blood. Human father with a taste for rough sex. I've been told that my conception caused him several broken ribs. As I'm the eldest of six siblings so I guess he really is masochistic.
    Some friends of mine went down the slide. Any idea what there is down there?"
    Mags introduces himself and proffers a ration pack to the creature. "It's not much but you're welcome to have some. With two mouths I guess you have a varied diet. Who and what are you?"

OOC: nature check to see if I know of these creatures?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

"I'm mixed blood. Human father with a taste for rough sex. I've been told that my conception caused him several broken ribs. As I'm the eldest of six siblings so I guess he really is masochistic.
    Some friends of mine went down the slide. Any idea what there is down there?"
    Mags introduces himself and proffers a ration pack to the creature. "It's not much but you're welcome to have some. With two mouths I guess you have a varied diet. Who and what are you?"

OOC: nature check to see if I know of these creatures?
    OOC: A good check might reveal more than he's going tell you now, so yeah

"I was an adventurer, something here slowly changes you into what I am. I'm elven, so it's not as bad on us, you're part orc, so that might save you. Humans though, they go even further....true beasts!"

He gladly accepts the ration, eating it with his human mouth.

OOC: nature check scored a 15

"I know a few who would relish the opportunity to be spider like and climb walls. Not me, though in truth I've not given it much thought. Having 8 legs would make me a magnificent drummer I suppose and having two mouths might let me sing harmonies with myself.

Ahhh, forgive me, I'm making jest at your expense, sorry about that, I'll stop now.

Would you like to be changed back to being an elf or do these changes suit you? I mean, have you tried just leaving of getting a spell caster to reverse the changes?"

Mags is still playing the part of friendly sort but is still keeping himself on his toes, ready to react if spider man goes rogue.

OOC: nature check scored a 15

Would you like to be changed back to being an elf or do these changes suit you? I mean, have you tried just leaving of getting a spell caster to reverse the changes?"

Mags is still playing the part of friendly sort but is still keeping himself on his toes, ready to react if spider man goes rogue.
    Mags looks at the creature carefully, his spider features are like those of many poisonous tarantula species and his legs have been altered in places, more joints, he probably has a pretty powerful jump.

"Changes can't be reversed..."

OOC: Init, surprise negated as you know the leap is coming from looking at his physiology

• Advertisement

The spider begins to essentially spring from wall to wall, slashing at Mags with his mutated hands on each leap. Almost straight away Mags clicks his fingers to a beat known to the magic within the spiders cells, the cells respond to the tune and begin to slow his metabolism, making hitting Mags more difficult as his body and mind tire.

He gets two good digs in before Mags sings "Yer father was an elderberry and yer ma smells of hampsters!", the tune speaks of far away elven forests and the shame of a distant father, who spent the summers picking elderberries and his kindly mother who tended to animals. The spider stops, confused and frustrated. "What would they think of me now?" he wonders. He makes two more lunges at Mags, narrowly dodging a rapier swing himself, but he can't concentrate anymore, the shame and the weakening of his flesh is too much.

Mags takes out JoePaz and rips a huge powerchord at the spider as it leaps for him one last time, he knows this is the end, better to go out fighting.

The wave of sound passes through the creature, pulverizing its internal organs, causing it to tumble into Mags on its last leap.

It rolls onto the ground, purple viscera spewing out of its mouth.

"Thank you, nice to hear music before the end"

He dies on the temple floor.

"Ewwh, goo!" Mags dances away from the spreading pool of unpleasantness then carefully searches the body.

He shouts down the slide in the off chance that the others might hear
    "Don't turn in spiders, it makes you mean and hairy!"

"Spidey must have come from somewhere. Wonder if there is a spidycave." muses Mags to himself and starts to backtrack a little way back checking for any missed or unexplored doors or passages.

Sarric enters to a technological room, green writing in InnerWorld Common streams across black screens in the corner, four beasts:

R5JYwk.jpg

are gnawing on a human corpse.

They do not see Sarric.

To the South, past them, is a door.

Sarric stealths past the creatures and thru the south door.

Evade wrote: »
    OOC: Wisdom check was 8 if that applied to Iuric.
    OOC: Iuric is fine, he was outside the room. No telepathy, but no risk of exploded head either.

Jack Moore wrote: »
    Ooc Can Ocky communicate with Vrakrash and Retula now
    OOC: No, just you

Banjo wrote: »
    (ooc : I take it Jeremy has the crystal skull now?)

Retula starts shaking down bodies.
    OOC: Yeah Jeremy has skull

The bodies have about 100GP of valuables on them in total, mostly in the form of cheap jewelry and coin.

The weaponry, though of fine enough crafting, is just short swords or simple bows.

"Jeremy, apropos of nothing, how far can you throw your octopus?"

Retula holds up a handful of shortswords.

"Unrelated question, like many of these you reckon he can hold?"

Ooc:100gp pocketed, naturally

Sarric stealths past the creatures and thru the south door.
    Tip toeing like only a high elf can he slips out the South door and finds himself at a T-junction, with a corridor running East-West and one running South. The corridor is purely in the technological style. Steel grey walls and flooring, with a bright lit ceiling.

Vrakrash heads towards the West exit in the room.

• Advertisement

Retula takes a look at the east exit.
    "Anybody see which way the monk went? I was busy not headsploding"

Ooc : would we have heard Mags? Or is he an hour ahead of us now?

Advertisement