Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash launches a Firebolt at the spidermen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric shouts at the top of his voice in infernal. "Don't just ignore me and continue approaching me, that makes me jittery and likely to shoot at you. Not too long ago, a spider folk thanked me for saving all his children, you wont even communicate with me"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Everybody hears the explosion outside as a firebolt detonates.

OOC: Everybody init

The spidermen descend on Sarric and Vrakrash, some jump to the ceiling as others swipe at their faces with grotesque over grown claws. A fast melee begins between them, Sarric blurring with speed pummeling the Spidermen, Vrakrash swinging. The spidermen aren't very successful as the two dodge their strikes, returning with blows that cave in skulls, crack necks or cause lethal internal bleeds.

Karinth and Ser Boros find themselves confronted with spidermen bursting from the floor as Retula and Iuric rush to their aid. Retula, running toward Ser Boros, releases a stream of energy that floors some of the spidermen as Ser Boros leaps into the air, bringing down his huge BlackMoor blade into two who have fallen prone.

Vrakrash and Sarric race to Jeremy, who has seen two jump from the ground. They bring down one, before Jeremy, studying the layout of the room and the ambient magical energy, manages to work out a slight modification of his incantation that results in a small star, the size of a pin head, forming between his fingers. Vrakrash and Sarric close their eyes as the intense light threatens to blind them. Jeremy flicks the tiny star at the spiderman, instantly atomising him.

The whole gang then regroups where Sarric slides to a halt in front of three spidermen. He takes a deep breath, focusing. He can feel their movements, slight changes in the air. Without even opening his eyes he runs his spear through ones throat before he leaps into the air and kicks the other two's hearts out. As he lands he sees Jeremy concentrating and Vrakrash bringing his weapons through the necks of the last two.

Ser Boros walks over to Retula.

"Thank you Witch, we worked well together" He brings his hands together in the BlackMoor salute.

Then, slowly, a wheel appears in the room, salt water springs from the air above it. Jeremy concentrates, looking at Iuric's symbol on his plate. A meticulously crafted image of Mesharum, enough to bring tears to the devoted.

Then a goat appears. Slowly at first, the basic form, then the surface detail and finally anatomic finery. At first the two images are separate.

Karinth leans in. "What is the purpose of the..." Then the goat is brought to the wheel. Karinth nods at the creativity.

"To stimulate the goat twixt rim and sack, I would not have perceived it myself, I would have seen such a god as being beyond crude acts, but you have found a way...and yet even now I did not see it all, the relief of the cooling water refreshes the goat for more. As each spoke heats him, thus is he cooled. It could continue indefinitely..." Karinth laughs a hearty laugh and wipes tears from his eyes "...Iuric you wouldn't..."

He is cut short as a golden glowing sword, white hot with the rage of Mesharum, splits Jeremy's skull and continues to open his chest half way.

Jeremy falls to the ground, bits of lung and brain splattering on the floor. Mesharum is pleased with the act. Iuric feels the approval of his god.

Ser Boros immediately breaks the spell controlling his subservience to Iuric. His sacred knightly code is stronger.

Ocky crawls over to Jeremy.

*Bud?*

For once he speaks.

"Bud?"

Ser Boros lifts the demon up to his shoulder and kneels, prying his sword into the rock he lifts the floor slabs and buries Jeremy beneath them.

"Thanks knight" Ocky says as he vanishes. Ser Boros nods, before rising.

"I will stand vigil over the grave for an hour, as is right"

OldGoat wrote: »
    "Spidey must have come from somewhere. Wonder if there is a spidycave." muses Mags to himself and starts to backtrack a little way back checking for any missed or unexplored doors or passages.
    Tracing the spider sheddings, it is clear it came up the slide the others had descended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags resists the urge to say "Weeeee" and then dawdles around at the bottom of the slide checking already scoured rooms for about an hour. (Timeywimeywibbleywobbley - Doctor Mags adds the title 'Timelord' to his Bardcamp profile).
    Eventually he moves on to find the gang.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OOC: Mags is the one an hour ahead, so if I have the others rest we'll be synced. I know I'm forcing rest, but just to sync Mags.

Mags walks in to find the others relaxing or eating and reading.

Ser Boros stands over a slab which he has etched 'Jeremy' into.

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: Mags is the one an hour ahead, so if I have the others rest we'll be synced. I know I'm forcing rest, but just to sync Mags.

Mags walks in to find the others relaxing or eating and reading.

Ser Boros stands over a slab which he has etched 'Jeremy' into.

OOC: Forcing rest is no bad thing from the perspective of the magic users. Legging it after the martial types having no magic left to fire is risky and ultimately lethal.

Mags nods to the gang, notes the makeshift grave and beats a muted funeral dirge to honour the fallen.

As Mags's tune comes to an end, Ser Boros greets him.

"A fine dirge bard. How have you fared?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OOC : Don't know about you but I'm not ready to sit down just yet on account of the ground being a bit sticky with the insides of a former party member. Who the **** sits down for a kit kat after that? Come on the ****.

"What did you do?"

OOC : Eldritch Blast push Iuric 20 ft from the body. If that requires a to-hit and damage roll, well **** it that seems to be on the table now doesn't it? And I still have my move this turn. In which case move my hex to him too, Wisdom

"WHAT THE **** DID YOU DO???"

OOC: Seriously, what the **** did you do? The following assumes I'm not embroiled in combat.

As Hetyaro moves to stand between her and the paladin, Retula cradles the 2 halves of Jeremy and tries holding them together, then muttering a prayer (OOC: Spare the dying, for the laugh) and when it doesn't work, drops them unceremoniously on the ground.

"Check his face for hairs, H. He's one of them, he's turning! Featherplucking Werespider!"

• Advertisement

Ser Boros watches Retula closely. Karinth shrugs.

"Witch, this is Iuric he must have had good cause. He was a pleasant man but the mighty Iuric has spoken via his sword"

Karinth goes back to grape munching.

"Reasons? You're cool with 'reasons' as an excuse for this?"

Create bonfire under Karinth.

"As you already know, I have my reasons."

OOC: Mags hold there until this resolves, it would have happened before you arrived.

Karinth leaps back grinding his teeth in pain.

"Witch you are very emotional for some mage we just met. Regardless I will let your attack go as you are in grief"

He pauses.

"And yes I am fine with 'reasons'....though I am not sure why"

He holds his head confused.

"It's not the man, it's the principle, deadtard! You think you'd still be partially alive without me? No. You think every second of your continued existence doesn't make every fibre of my being want to technicolour yawn? Of course it does. But gangs before fangs, dude! That little pipsqueak was harmless, he couldn't have hurt a fly. I saw him try, it was ****ing pitiful. You want me to sleep in the same room as that psycho dickweed, waiting for him to come up with more reasons, so I can wake up with a greatsword where the other half of my face used to be? As if! Ah you know what, **** you, **** you all."

Retula dismisses the fire. Muttering a short prayer - "Sana malia en'sina er. Ro karna sai-rashwe " - she grabs Jeremy's spell book and the crystal skull, then goes back to the Red Line room to see what happened to the body her and hetyaro threw there way back in post 772, and if it's nothing interesting, will take her short rest in the comparative safety that the remove offers.

As Mags's tune comes to an end, Ser Boros greets him.

"A fine dirge bard. How have you fared?"
    "I had a nice rest, beefed up some magics and then shot my load almost immediately on a not so friendly neighbourhood spiderman. Turns out that he used to be an elf but something in here causes people to turn into spiders over time."
    Mags looks around trying to see if anyone is growing any extra hair or limbs.
    "Anyone feeling itchy in the hands, or feel a tingling where mandibles might grow?" he asks those in the room.
    "Also, has anyone got that feeling
    that they need musical healing?

I got a single shot of musical healing for whoever is the worst for wear."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash surveys the damage and looks at Retula leaving the room in a rage.

'This doesn't seem right... I... I... was supposed to protect Jeremy... but why do I not feel rage?'

He retreats to a corner of the room and slumps down.

**Rettie, Rettie! Why am I not angry about this??? I was supposed to protect Jeremy, yet... I feel sorrow, but no rage**

Sarric joins Ser Boras at the slab.
    Sarric meditates long and hard on the happenings between Jeremy, Iuric and Retula, trying to come to term with why he doesn't fault Iuric for slaying his new friend and why everything Retula was right and made prefect sense.

'had good cause?'
    'Reasons'
    'had good cause?'
    'Reasons'

Neither of these things seem worthy of the actions.......

OOC: long rest with heavy dose of meditating and contemplation on resolving this hold over his mind by Iuric, no such attempt is made to break any influence the others present at the time have over him.

Necrominus wrote: »
    **Rettie, Rettie! Why am I not angry about this??? I was supposed to protect Jeremy, yet... I feel sorrow, but no rage**

**Thank you for contacting Nomorwien's Field Grief Counseling Services.
    Your psychic transmissions are important to us , Please hold.

What do you want me to tell you, Vrak-Vrak? Maybe you're just a bad person? And a worse bodyguard?**

• Advertisement

**I don't know. I'm trying to make sense of it. I vowed to protect Jeremy.. yet.. Iuric's actions in my mind are justified... though they should not be. 'Reasons' is all I get when I try to search for answers as to why this does not make me want to avenge him.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I am a bad... person? I do not understand**

**You know you are really ruining my otherwise very dramatic exit stage left with all your damage. That's very inconsiderate and self centered, which when you think about it kind of explains your situation..? but.... Can you think more quieter? Some of us are trying to rest.**

OOC : @OG - I think Ser Boros is the only one carrying injuries, unless you can sing Jeremy a hell of a set of stitches!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric drops his sword and collapses kneeling on the ground with a horrified look on his face "He... he was a great evil, he must have been" Iuric babbles to himself "I could not have killed him otherwise" he continues babbling.

OOC: I forgot he was level one. The idea was to knock him down, revive him with 1HP, and give a stern and pompous in character warning.

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula dismisses the fire. Muttering a short prayer - "Sana malia en'sina er. Ro karna sai-rashwe " - she grabs Jeremy's spell book and the crystal skull, then goes back to the Red Line room to see what happened to the body her and hetyaro threw there way back in post 772, and if it's nothing interesting, will take her short rest in the comparative safety that the remove offers.
    The body is gone.

sKeith wrote: »
    'had good cause?'
    'Reasons'
    'had good cause?'
    'Reasons'

Neither of these things seem worthy of the actions.......

OOC: long rest with heavy dose of meditating and contemplation on resolving this hold over his mind by Iuric, no such attempt is made to break any influence the others present at the time have over him.
    Sarric meditates while focusing on his views of Iuric, the contradiction between them and what just happened.

OOC: Charisma or Wisdom check, Target 20

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash surveys the damage and looks at Retula leaving the room in a rage.

'This doesn't seem right... I... I... was supposed to protect Jeremy... but why do I not feel rage?'

He retreats to a corner of the room and slumps down.
    Karinth walks up to Vrakrash.

"Look it is simple, Iuric is literally angelic, like descended from Celestial beings of justice...genetically he is good, ergo Jeremy deserved it..."

He takes silver foil out of his pocket.

"...fish ration?"

The body is gone.

"Eeeeentersting. It had no head so it shouldn't have walked away. Could be more spiderpeeps or... H, cross the line, see what happens."

Retula stands back a little.

Banjo wrote: »
    "Eeeeentersting. It had no head so it shouldn't have walked away. Could be more spiderpeeps or... H, cross the line, see what happens."

Retula stands back a little.
    Electricity crackles across the surface of the chamber after about twenty seconds. Hetyaro's feathers go fluffy and then he disintegrates.

Luckily reintegrating is a familiar trick to sentinels and he reappears behind Retula. He mentally shows her that he was briefly taken to another room in the complex.

If he teleported, she'll have a go.
    If he actually exploded, well... She won't.

• Advertisement

Sarric meditates while focusing on his views of Iuric, the contradiction between them and what just happened.

OOC: Charisma or Wisdom check, Target 20

It was all just a dream,
    there was no Jeremy,
    and if there was no Jeremy,

there is no contradiction.

Sarric opens his eyes.

who is ser boras mourning? fcuked if i know...

Advertisement