Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    Karinth walks up to Vrakrash.

"Look it is simple, Iuric is literally angelic, like descended from Celestial beings of justice...genetically he is good, ergo Jeremy deserved it..."

He takes silver foil out of his pocket.

"...fish ration?"

Vrakrash accepts the ration and munches on it.

'Yes... but... do you feel sorrow for Jeremy? Never mind. I fear those noises. We should press on, find this sword for Iuric and try to escape before whatever is behind that noise descends upon us.

There has been enough death in these crypts.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    If he teleported, she'll have a go.
    If he actually exploded, well... She won't.
    Hetyaro, familiar with the mechanics of the operation, having being in the service of the queen since before this plane had a Sun, explains he sort of explodo-ported to the room.

It's reasonably safe, though he mentally communicates the risk.

The upshot is that there was a massive sword held within a magical sphere in the room.

OOC: 95% chance of successful porting

OOC: I should make this very clear, the 5% risk is of non-savable death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric eats a ration.

"What we hanging around here for? Where to? Don't forget what my 'brothers' said, time is precious, we need to get out of this place as quick as possible."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OOC: I should make this very clear, the 5% risk is of non-savable death

"Understood. You're saying it's safer than being in a room with Iuric. Hey, ho, let's go. "

She steps into the plate.

(Guidance on myself if it helps)

• Advertisement

"Understood. You're saying it's safer than being in a room with Iuric. Hey, ho, let's go. "

She steps into the plate.
    Retula steps onto the plate and sees her skin lift from her muscle, muscle lift from bone and finally bone breaks apart. As her brain is ripped apart everything goes black....

...and then she sees the process in reverse.

She stands in a chamber with fine marble walls and beautiful painting of some inner world kingdom in purple.

In front of the painting are statues of an army, the centerpiece of the statues being a lifelike depiction of the sword's previous holder "Ekbard of Neros, God Champion of Targyen, Slayer of Soet..." the titles go on for a while.

The sword itself, not a replica, is held by the statue. Aflame with arcane power.

6wdZ3G.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

OOC: Would that dwarven breastplate Iuric picked up in the demiplane fit him?

Evade wrote: »
    OOC: Would that dwarven breastplate Iuric picked up in the demiplane fit him?
    OOC: Yeah it will

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric eats a ration.

"What we hanging around here for? Where to? Don't forget what my 'brothers' said, time is precious, we need to get out of this place as quick as possible."

'We could always find Rettie, hang on a sec.'

**Yo, Rettie... where you hiding out? Nearly time to blow this joint before that thing behind the button I pressed comes and eats us**

Sarric heads South, and if sees no movement, will head south again, beyond the EW corridor.

• Advertisement

Iuric, constantly muttering to himself "He was evil, he must have been evil," takes off the breastplate with the symbol of Mesharum and puts on the bejeweled Dwarven breastplate.

"Any sign of the sword? The sword will make it right" Iuric calls out to the group in a very unhinged manner and then resumes muttering to himself.

OOC: I realise no symbol means most spells are off the table.

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric heads north, and if sees no movement, will head north again, beyond the EW corridor.
    OOC: The room you are in is the dog room. Heading West gets you to the skull room, from which South gets you to the original room at the end of the slide.

I think.

She stands in a chamber with fine marble walls and beautiful painting of some inner world kingdom in purple.

In front of the painting are statues of an army, the centerpiece of the statues being a lifelike depiction of the sword's previous holder "Ekbard of Neros, God Champion of Targyen, Slayer of Soet..." the titles go on for a while.

The sword itself, not a replica, is held by the statue. Aflame with arcane power.

"Barf!" Retula exclaims as Hetyaro follows her through. "I saw my own pancreas. I mean, I'm sure it has rockin' lobules and gets all the eyes from all the dude pancreases but gag city!
    I've heard of this guy. Never pictured him with a mullet.
    Whaddya think? Guy needs all those titles, you think he's ... Yknow... Compensating?
    But he has such an impressive blade... You reckon, maybe...

**Hey, Vrakrash - what does taintpaddler's sword look like?**

"I've asked. So... I can't help but wonder.. big gash in the main cog dudes back - you reckon this guy did that? Cause if so... Well who's to say this whole place isn't to keep him in?

*Ahem* Mr Ekbard sir. We have come to retrieve the sword of duranduran, for the glory of Mesh...Mush... The wheeliegod! Are we cool to take it or is there like a riddle or something?"

Iuric, constantly muttering to himself "He was evil, he must have been evil," takes off the breastplate with the symbol of Mesharum and puts on the bejeweled Dwarven breastplate.
    Iuric feels Mesharum's power leave him somewhat. He doesn't even feel judgement, just absence.

OOC: As Level 1 Casting wise.

OOC: The room you are in is the dog room. Heading West gets you to the skull room, from which South gets you to the original room at the end of the slide.

I think.

ooc: oops, it was south door, not north, which took me to intersection EW, with also a passage leading south. where i was heading before confronted by spiderpeople.

OOC: As Level 1 Casting wise.
    OOC: No magic?

**Hey, Vrakrash - what does taintpaddler's sword look like?**

**Hang on a sec**

'Hey, Iuric... describe this sword for me, will ya?'

Necrominus wrote: »

**Yo, Rettie... where you hiding out? Nearly time to blow this joint before that thing behind the button I pressed comes and eats us**

**I met a guy. He's not a feral spiderbeast intent on consuming my flesh. I like that in a man. Well... Actually... I'll get back to you on that**

OOC: No magic?
    OOC: Like only two Level One spells.

**Hang on a sec**

'Hey, Iuric... describe this sword for me, will ya?'
    "The sword. The sword will make it right. The sword is glorious. Magnificent to behold but I have only heard the legends. Yes the legends. Astolfo said it was 15 feet long, straight, and black as the blackest night. Roland, Roland said it was shorter than a mans arm and encircled in green light and curved in the style of the warriors of the East. Oliver said it was unremarkable to the eye but had an almost musical quality when wielded in battle." Iuric says in the same unhinged manner and goes back to mumbling.

• Advertisement

*Ahem* Mr Ekbard sir. We have come to retrieve the sword of duranduran, for the glory of Mesh...Mush... The wheeliegod! Are we cool to take it or is there like a riddle or something?"
    A voice, with a thick Nerosian accent begins to speak, as it does an ancient druid appears in front of the statue.

"To wield the sword of Ekbard, you must pass..."

The West wall opens up.

"...the Trial of Ekbard"

Behind the wall is a passage rotating, axes swinging with a wooden door at the end.

"Travel to the door. There are then two more rooms. If you live, the sword is yours"

"The sword. The sword will make it right. The sword is glorious. Magnificent to behold but I have only heard the legends. Yes the legends. Astolfo said it was 15 feet long, straight, and black as the blackest night. Roland, Roland said it was shorter than a mans arm and encircled in green light and curved in the style of the warriors of the East. Oliver said it was unremarkable to the eye but had an almost musical quality when wielded in battle." Iuric says in the same unhinged manner and goes back to mumbling.

Vrakrash looks at Iuric oddly.

'You ok dude... ok, got it.'

**About 15 feet, black - curved blade. There's a bunch of other stuff but I don't wanna occupy your time if you've got a man waiting. That seem like the sword?**

Vrakrash looks at Iuric oddly.

'You ok dude... ok, got it.'
    "What could be the matter? All is well. The sword will make it right." Iuric says in a not ok way and goes back to mumbling to himself.

A voice, with a thick Nerosian accent begins to speak, as it does an ancient druid appears in front of the statue.

"To wield the sword of Ekbard, you must pass..."

The West wall opens up.

"...the Trial of Ekbard"

Behind the wall is a passage rotating, axes swinging with a wooden door at the end.

"Travel to the door. There are then two more rooms. If you live, the sword is yours"

"That sounds wicked cool, but I don't want to wield it. What would I do with a sword? Look at my arms, you couldn't stir tea with them. So I'm just going to take it cause it's not safe here any more. But I know a couple guys who would love to take your challenge, I'll send them along. I promise not to let them wave it around unless they pass. Hey, did this guy really kill Soet?"

She moves to take the sword.

**About 15 feet, black - curved blade. There's a bunch of other stuff but I don't wanna occupy your time if you've got a man waiting. That seem like the sword?**

**Actually no, but it's still awesome looking. And they have some kind of crèche facility that's perfect for Karinth. I'll explain more if I'm still alive in 5 minutes**

"That sounds wicked cool, but I don't want to wield it. What would I do with a sword? Look at my arms, you couldn't stir tea with them. So I'm just going to take it cause it's not safe here any more. But I know a couple guys who would love to take your challenge, I'll send them along. I promise not to let them wave it around unless they pass. Hey, did this guy really kill Soet?"

She moves to take the sword.
    The druid turns to smoke and resolidifies in front of her.

"None may take the sword without passing the trial.

And yes, he smote Soet, so it is recorded. With the aide of his dwarven armour polisher Bumbydump and his mighty Dragvil steed."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

The druid turns to smoke and resolidifies in front of her.

"None may take the sword without passing the trial.

And yes, he smote Soet, so it is recorded. With the aide of his dwarven armour polisher Bumbydump and his mighty Dragvil steed."

Ooc and his hobbit lol

"Uuurgh! Fine! But when it kills me, stick my body in the sploderporter so the others find you. They're more athletic.

What's in the other 2 rooms? Anything I should be limbering up for?"

"Uuurgh! Fine! But when it kills me, stick my body in the sploderporter so the others find you. They're more athletic.

What's in the other 2 rooms? Anything I should be limbering up for?"
    "Certain death for the likes of you"

• Advertisement

**Actually no, but it's still awesome looking. And they have some kind of crèche facility that's perfect for Karinth. I'll explain more if I'm still alive in 5 minutes**

** So how do we get to wherever you are? You need any help? And if it's a three's company situation... well I'll send Karinth. **

Advertisement