Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Evade wrote: »
    "Two hundred years since the sword was lost."
    "Oh dear...hmmm...two hundred years at the very least...well, lead on I suppose"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric heads further along the trail taking care to avoid Big Giant Sarric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Fourier wrote: »
    Jeremy notices a few worm like creatures on the horizon.

What do I think they are

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric heads further along the trail taking care to avoid Big Giant Sarric.
    He manages to walk past giant Sarric. Beyond that is a ledge over a whirling blue vortex. Another ledge lies on the opposite side. Leaping would be possible, but risky.

Jack Moore wrote: »
    What do I think they are
    Jeremy doesn't know quite what they are, but their magic feels corrosive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash looks to Sora.

'You will have to tell me the direction they are going in. I cannot see them. Lead on, my dear.'

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash looks to Sora.

'You will have to tell me the direction they are going in. I cannot see them. Lead on, my dear.'
    Sora holds his hand and guides him to the vortex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

He manages to walk past giant Sarric. Beyond that is a ledge over a whirling blue vortex. Another ledge lies on the opposite side. Leaping would be possible, but risky.

"Time for some rope, I'll go first, with one end of the rope, then others can follow, and i can assist their jumps by pulling on the rope."

OOC: Is there anywhere to tie the rope on both sides?

OOC: Could we loop it into Giant Sarric's ear? :P

• Advertisement

Looking around on this side Iuric sees a stone that the rope could be tied to. Nothing quite so clear on the other side.

"We could hammer a piton into the ground to secure the ropes, if thats what you would prefer."

Vrakrash takes out several pitons and lays them on the ground.

'I ain't throwing them this time, could accidentally hit one of you in the head!'

"We could tie if off here" points at the stone "on this side but over there... Vrakrash do you have any pitons left?"

Sarric estimates the distance of the leap.

ooc: i have 10 of them and a hammer.

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric estimates the distance of the leap.
    Sarric thinks it looks about 14 feet.

Sarric thinks it looks about 14 feet.
    Sarric charges up 'step of the wind' and dashes and leaps the distance.

He then looks for a secure place to secure a piton and hammers it in and ties an end of the rope to it.

He then ties the hammer to the other end of the rope and throws it back across the divide.

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric charges up 'step of the wind' and dashes and leaps the distance.

He then looks for a secure place to secure a piton and hammers it in and ties an end of the rope to it.

He then ties the hammer to the other end of the rope and throws it back across the divide.
    OOC: Nothing to say except that all worked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

I start ritual casting my improved disc.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash grabs the rope and hammer, picks up a piton and hammers it into the ground in an equally secure place. Then he secures the rope to the piton before proceeding across it.

Once Vrakrash is across Iuric shimmies across the rope too.

As Jeremy nears completion on his ritual, Sarric notices another stone with alternating inscriptions appear on his side of the vortex.

Sarric with his knowlegde of lots of scripts tries to discern any meaning from what appears.

The names repeat those found on the previous stone, with one new one, "Njirdr"

Sarric stabs slowly at the stone with his spear.

OOC: Roll d6

Karinth shouts from Iuric's shoulder.

"What is that!"

A giant golden portal opens behind Sarric and a majestic bird rises out carrying Mags and Retula with him, before dropping them on the valley floor and vanishing.

The portal then closes.

About the stone Sarric stroke, strange energies begin to slowly gather.

"What an odd pair" Iuric says to Kanrith quietly. "Greetings. I am Iuric Mercutius, Paladin of Mesharum, the Final Arbiter. Do you need help?" Iuric calls over to the strangers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retula sits up with a start, and looks around. Was it all a dream? She turns burn arms over and back marveling at (their inky blackness / their restoration to their former glorious pallor. Delete as applicable).
    "Uh.... Retula. Nomorwien. Instrument of the queen, cicerone of the dead, binder of souls, mother to a murdered unicorn, cudda-bin mistress to a gorgeous spiritguide, and I will have my 500gp that shop keeper owes me, in this plane or the next!

This isn't Osinzir. Did I win? Is this my prize? No offense I'm sure it's a great place but I think I'd have preferred the steak knife set they were giving the runner up.

Hetyaro! I didn't know you could lift, bro!"

Advertisement