Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo wrote:
    Retula sits up with a start, and looks around. Was it all a dream? She turns burn arms over and back marveling at (their inky blackness / their restoration to their former glorious pallor. Delete as applicable). "Uh.... Retula. Nomorwien. Instrument of the queen, cicerone of the dead, binder of souls, mother to a murdered unicorn, cudda-bin mistress to a gorgeous spiritguide, and I will have my 500gp that shop keeper owes me, in this plane or the next!

Vrakrash waves.
    'I thought you were dead, little one. It appears we all survived the Ants.

Where you been?'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"Where have I been?

WHERE HAVE *I* BEEN?

NOT living in a bath house drinking ant jizz out of a bucket and digging tunnels. NOT where you left us to DIE!

We got out. Portals were involved, you know how convenient those things are, had some adventures.... blew up some dwarves and warlocks and tentacle beast dudes, their.... their goals did not align with mine. Killed a company of Dragonborn, their goals did not align with mine either. Became an integral part of the southern circle of life, stole some souls, saved the plane, that kind of thing. Lost Therai in a jungle. Don't think he wants to be found. Lost Mags to but he showed up - portals again. Last time I saw him he was cranking out bitchin' tunes on his new guitar. We may never se-"

She looks over.

"Oh there he is. ****ing portals, man! So whatcha been doing? I see you have a new gang - You sell the cursed one too? Ironic..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"hi again, I'm invisible and I have a big head."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

OOC: I forgot Iuric is invisible too.

Banjo wrote: »
    "Where have I been?

WHERE HAVE *I* BEEN?

NOT living in a bath house drinking ant jizz out of a bucket and digging tunnels. NOT where you left us to DIE!

We got out. Portals were involved, you know how convenient those things are, had some adventures.... blew up some dwarves and warlocks and tentacle beast dudes, their.... their goals did not align with mine. Killed a company of Dragonborn, their goals did not align with mine either. Became an integral part of the southern circle of life, stole some souls, saved the plane, that kind of thing. Lost Therai in a jungle. Don't think he wants to be found. Lost Mags to but he showed up - portals again. Last time I saw him he was cranking out bitchin' tunes on his new guitar. We may never se-"

She looks over.

"Oh there he is. ****ing portals, man! So whatcha been doing? I see you have a new gang - You sell the cursed one too? Ironic..."

Vrakrash looks at Retula oddly.

'Dragonborn? Hopefully they weren't family, I was told of relatives in the southern cities.'

He shrugs.

'Never met them, so it matters not... if they were of Red Dragon descent it's probably for the best anyways - they tend to drink the most at gatherings and never pay their tabs. Then it's all - 'we're their kin and they've been slighted' and before you know it, another village is lost to a dragon-fire related accident. Reds are the worst. Anyways... I'm rambling. Hope you brought those big girl pants little one....'

He gestures to the energies gathering nearby.

'It might be about to get busier, Sarric's been playing with his stones again.'

• Advertisement

"Dude I literally just saved every soul on this plane like 5 minutes ago. I'm ready to get in my big girl sweats and just loaf, you know what I mean?"

She sighs.

"I guess I could be awesome one more time before bed... Where are we...."

Ooc : and depending on who's visible "...er...where are you?"

Sarric stabs the stone again, then again, then again, "take that you weird litttle stone."

OOC: Just me and Sora visible, rest unseen... not good for us if this manifests as I expect it might :/

'Ha, you're gonna love this Rettie - we're in the Inner World in some place called the Tindolin Valley.'

He jerks his thumb... hopefully in Iuric's direction.

'Iuric of the multiple names (Psst, don't call him a cleric), is on quest to find the legendary sword of Durandal.'

He pauses.

'As for our trails - well I can't speak for Sarric here, but myself and Rhiggy ended up in the GigaDark. Found some hooded dudes one of whom is with us - the name's Redzer - they transported us to meet with Sarric and his crew, Karinth and Ser Boros.

I did some hokum with my genie ring and poof! We ended up outside Dhurn Dharal's walls. They didn't like us... moreso me, but also the others - too much, but we... heh, negotiated entry.

Went to solve some dwarf's murder, ended up on another plane, killed it's master... further we went, back to the GigaDark - I'm seemingly drawn to the place, what can I say.

Anyways, found some strange city where no one talks, well apart from with their minds. Sarric found a breach to the Inner World, we followed, went all upside down and stuff for a little while - nearly got eaten by a time munching monster the size of a city.

Talked our way out of that, hitched a lift with him here... Crossed a chalk-line that apparently was some protective border...

And here we are!'

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Iuric of the multiple names (Psst, don't call him a cleric), is on quest to find the legendary sword of Durandal.'
    "I only have two names, that's the usual amount where I come from, the rest is a title" Iuric says to Vrakrash as he's standing right next to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Jeremy's disk is ready.

As the energies begin to coalesce into a humanoid form, Karinth's eyes go wide.

"Iuric! We have to get out of here now!"

• Advertisement

Karinth shouts at Retula.

"Witch, you cannot see me, but I sense your strength, we need to get out of here fast!"

Vrakrash looks in the direction of Karinth.

'Can this... whatever it is... be reasoned with? Convinced to fight for us - not against us?'

He slowly backs towards the rope.

Fourier wrote: »
    "Iuric! We have to get out of here now!"
    "And go where?" Iuric draws his sword "Durandal, and the way out of this valley, lie ahead"

Ooc : which side of the rope is everyone on? His side I take it?

OOC: All apart from Jeremy are his side I think.

OOC: Except Jeremy, Yep

Evade wrote: »
    "And go where?" Iuric draws his sword "Durandal, and the way out of this valley, lie ahead"
    Karinth looks around.

"Good point, perhaps we press on past the stone as fast as we can"

Karinth looks around.

"Good point, perhaps we press on past the stone as fast as we can"
    "Do you think we can outrun this... whatever this is?"

"I don't know"

Ser Boros rushes to Iuric.

"I'm here holy warrior, ready to fight this...Butcher"

All can now see the fixed writing on stone.

Vrakrash sighs.

'Never let it be said that Vrakrash the... ah screw it, I don't have any other names! Vrakrash is no craven! Plus... I get to test out these neat new tricks.'

He winks at Retula and readies a Firebolt.

• Advertisement

OOC: the final arbiter bit is supposed to refer to Mesharum

Iuric lights his holy symbol "Well then, blessings of Mesharum be upon us and may or blows strike true in the name of justice."

OOC: Cast Bless on Iuric, Vrakrash, and Sarric.

"pretty words. To late to move so that cliff is at his back not ours? My wings are all tuckered out"

Evade wrote: »
    OOC: the final arbiter bit is supposed to refer to Mesharum
    OOC: Corrected above

Cast bonfire on position where he's manifesting, running to far side if it looks like there is time

Vrakrash follows Retula, still attempting to formulate the Firebolt.

Cast bonfire on position where he's manifesting, running to far side if it looks like there is time
    The fire rages about the site of the being's manifestation.

Karinth shouts at the group in general.

"Anyway to make me not cat sized again?!"

Ooc : is he visible?

The fire rages about the site of the being's manifestation.

Karinth shouts at the group in general.

"Anyway to make me not cat sized again?!"

"Where's Mule when you need him, eh. 'I promise to be by your sides forever', couple of hours late, he just fecks off,... right.."

• Advertisement

Dispel magic on karinth if visible

Advertisement